I approve of this message

4,225 Views | 124 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Texaggie7nine
FightinTexasAggie08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If not the venue

Socially liberal NPC 888
Now that is my Texas.
https://i.imgur.com/gys0RBa.png
PacifistAg
AG
Quote:

If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Quote:

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

Quote:

So, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience;

Quote:

Conduct yourselves with wisdom toward outsiders, making the most of the opportunity. Let your speech always be with grace, as though seasoned with salt, so that you will know how you should respond to each person.

Orko
AG
My kind of lady! Mother of crusaders right there.
Remember, patriot, what they took from you. Your nation's identity, its religion, and its people are no more. Remember how we got here.
Socially liberal NPC 888
PacifistAg said:

Quote:

If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Quote:

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

Quote:

So, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience;

Quote:

Conduct yourselves with wisdom toward outsiders, making the most of the opportunity. Let your speech always be with grace, as though seasoned with salt, so that you will know how you should respond to each person.

Now you have it, we should prostrate ourselves, our culture, and our civilization to the muslims. If we don't support giving them millions then we're going against the Bible.
jkag89
Socially liberal NPC 888 said:

PacifistAg said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Now you have it, we should prostrate ourselves, our culture, and our civilization to the muslims. If we don't support giving them millions then we're going against the Bible.
Nothing in Retiired's post states we must give Muslims millions. If we are so quick to throw out our Faith in order to combat Islam it must not really be worth saving.
FightinTexasAggie08
jkag89 said:

PacifistAg said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Nothing in Retiired's post states we must give Muslims millions. If we are so quick to throw out our Faith in order to combat Islam it must not really be worth saving.

Maybe your faith isn't worth fighting for bubba, but you're only speaking for yourself
jkag89
Sullys Guy said:

jkag89 said:

PacifistAg said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Maybe your faith isn't worth fighting for bubba, but you're only speaking for yourself
That is not what I said bubba.
PacifistAg
AG
Sullys Guy said:

AssfistAg using the tried and true liberal tactic of posting out of context bible verses to advance their agenda

My agenda of treating people with love and respect? Nothing this woman did advanced the Kingdom. I know the white "advocates" here will love it, but she certainly isn't known for her love during her little stunt. I'd argue she did more harm to the witness of the church than anything.

And your crude name-calling says more about you than anything.
PacifistAg
AG
It's best to just ignore them. It's what i'm gonna do going forward. I mean, these same people were making the argument that the world would have been better off if America allied with Hitler in WW2.
FightinTexasAggie08
PacifistAg said:

It's best to just ignore them. It's what i'm gonna do going forward. I mean, these same people were making the argument that the world would have been better off if America allied with Hitler in WW2.

Actually I bet we would make the same argument. As a pacifist I'm certain you think we should have stayed out of WWII. I happen to agree
Super Chad Rufio
jkag89 said:

PacifistAg said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Huh? Are you saying all Christians from 600-1960 were not really Christians? Christians have been fighting Islam since Islam was founded. Or had they "thrown out their faith"
Socially liberal NPC 888
Sullys Guy said:

PacifistAg said:

Actually I bet we would make the same argument. As a pacifist I'm certain you think we should have stayed out of WWII. I happen to agree

If you fight your enemies, they win!

Justin Trudeau clearly has the right idea!
jkag89
Super Chad Rufio said:

jkag89 said:

PacifistAg said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Huh? Are you saying all Christians from 600-1960 were not really Christians? Christians have been fighting Islam since Islam was founded. Or had they "thrown out their faith"
No, I'm not a pacifist.
Orko
AG
Her feisty spirit reminds me of this lady's missIon in life.

Remember, patriot, what they took from you. Your nation's identity, its religion, and its people are no more. Remember how we got here.
Socially liberal NPC 888
From now on PacifistAg should be called Justin Trudeau because that's exactly who he sounds like 100% of the time.
swimmerbabe11
Whose hearts did she win? What did that outburst accomplish.

She should have prayed for the people there with love and encouragement. Pray for the people of Islam. Love them. Show them what Christian love and mercy looks like.

That woman did nothing but offend them and put their defenses up...while making herself feel better. Ineffective.
PacifistAg
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

She should have prayed for the people there with love and encouragement. Pray for the people of Islam. Love them. Show them what Christian love and mercy looks like.

That woman did nothing but offend them and put their defenses up...while making herself feel better. Ineffective.

Honestly, I think the problem is that many view those outside the body of Christ as enemies to be crushed instead of broken bearers of God's divine image in need of the loving embrace of the Healer.

What she did was less than effective. It was entirely counterproductive. When the world sees her, they aren't seeing love.
swimmerbabe11
I just want to know what the posters applauding her think she accomplished.
Socially liberal NPC 888
PacifistAg said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Honestly, I think the problem is that many view those outside the body of Christ as enemies to be crushed instead of broken bearers of God's divine image in need of the loving embrace of the Healer.

What she did was less than effective. It was entirely counterproductive. When the world sees her, they aren't seeing love.

Counterproductive to whom? Christians all over the world are under attack by Muslims. There is no area on the planet where Islam is in direct contact with Christianity that has not resulted in either attempted genocide, significant terrorism, or attempts to drive out all opposition.

Islam and Christianity are not and never will be compatible. They have been fighting for 1500 years and will continue fighting long into the future. Her delivery of course was not one of love, it was never intended to be that. It was a warning to enemies of Christianity that it will not bow down and accept defeat like you seem to advocate for since if it was up to you Christians would lie down as Muslims raped their women, beheaded the men, and slaughtered the children. That is the future you aspire to see since you're taking the Justin Trudeau mentality.

Pacificism does not work when you're faced with people who do not value human life. Communists, Muslims, etc. would burn you alive if they could and not think twice about it. Once you were dead they would spit on your grave for good measure.
FightinTexasAggie08
swimmerbabe11 said:

I just want to know what the posters applauding her think she accomplished.

She claimed TEXAS for Christ and let the Muslims know we aren't going to allow their blasphemous proselytizing without a fight. Hopefully they think twice next time
swimmerbabe11
So what was productive about that? What did she accomplish?

Does that speech sound like what St Stephen, the first martyr was preaching when he was stoned to death? Do you think he wishes he would have sounded more like her?
FightinTexasAggie08
PacifistAg said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

When Christ chastised the money changers and drive them from the temple was he showing love or righteous wrath?
FightinTexasAggie08
swimmerbabe11 said:

Does that speech sound like what St Stephen, the first martyr was preaching when he was stoned to death? Do you think he wishes he would have sounded more like her?

Why did Christ drive the money changers from the temple?
swimmerbabe11
Do you think she drove anyone out of any temple? Do you think a single person walked away changed for the better because of her protest?

What did she effectively accomplish?
FightinTexasAggie08
swimmerbabe11 said:

Do you think she drove anyone out of any temple? Do you think a single person walked away changed for the better because of her protest?

What did she effectively accomplish?

Answer my question. Why didn't Christ show self sacrificial love and bear their blasphemy without a word said in anger?
PacifistAg
AG
Keep in mind, you're conversing with white "advocates" who have argued the US should have allied with Hitler. It's really pointless, at least with regards to matters of the Christian faith, imo.

Heck, I simply posted verses about gentleness and love and was met with insults that staff had to delete.
swimmerbabe11
Not to be a child, but I asked first.

I'm interested in efficiency. I have nothing against righteous anger, but there is good reason you only see one instance of it from Christ while you see countless examples of love and mercy.
747Ag
AG
This is starting to look like that little episode from 8 months ago... you know, the one that "inspired" the Richard Move post.
FightinTexasAggie08
PacifistAg said:

Keep in mind, you're conversing with white "advocates" who have argued the US should have allied with Hitler. It's really pointless, at least with regards to matters of the Christian faith, imo.

Heck, I simply posted verses about gentleness and love and was met with insults that staff had to delete.

What is your schtick? Play the victim continuously while trying to discredit those you disagree with? Sweet life man
FightinTexasAggie08
swimmerbabe11 said:

Not to be a child, but I asked first.

I'm interested in efficiency. I have nothing against righteous anger, but there is good reason you only see one instance of it from Christ while you see countless examples of love and mercy.

Blasphemy warrants this type of action, you saw it when the Israelites raised the golden calf, you saw it when they profaned the house of God by doing business in the temple.

This lady's actions will make them think twice about doing this in the future and I applaud her for that
Socially liberal NPC 888
PacifistAg said:

So you're backing down from your Justin Trudeau stance or are you doubling down on "If you fight your enemies, they win" shtick?

I'm guessing the latter since you're clearly a glutton for punishment and enjoy being dominated apparently.
Orko
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

I love Saint Stephen of course, but I think Saint John of Capistrano is more appropriate for this situation. Maybe a little bit of Saint Joan of Arc as well.
Grimey
lol at people giving Retired the "you don't understand these people who don't value human life" spiel.
Orko
AG
We all know if Pacifist's past, and out of respect for him and his desires, we choose not to mention it. We understand that war can play hell with people's conscience and I actually agree with his feeling about that particular conflict. However, he does not get to project his guilty conscience into all of us without us getting to espouse our own views and opinions. While I respect what he has gone through and the crappy situation our government put him in, he has become very judgey, which actually fits his previous iteration on this forum quite well.

All that being said, I would happily sit down and have a beer with him anytime. He is a worthy theological opponent.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.