Black People Abandoning Evangelical Churches.

1,764 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Doc Daneeka
dermdoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Macarthur said:

So what is your point? Are you using examples of those on the far left to try and make the point that it doesn't exist at all?

I do not think "most white people" is accurate and is based on projection of what left of center people think white people believe.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Sapper Redux
dermdoc said:

Respectfully disagree. Every white person I know is aware of their skin color and the privilege that has been attached to it. How could they not? It is constantly on social media, msm, college campuses, etc.

It seems like folks are aware of the term without understanding what it means and just attaching whatever outrages them to it so they can safely ignore it.
BurntOrangeIsBeautiful
Solo Tetherball Champ said:

TXK said:

TXK said:

Haven't noticed it at my church.

I think we are 30-40% black.

Do you think that aids the gospel mission?

Please elaborate, I am only able to perceive your question as if you are trying to suggest that a diverse, mixed church is somehow bad for the Gospel.

Not suggesting anything. I'm asking.

Why wouldn't it?

I attend the church my wife grew up in We are active participants in the church my wife grew up in. She is one of the people in charge of the Nursery. I am an usher and children's Sunday school teacher.

I help teach the children with:
  • a Black man and his white wife (the wife is the head of the children's church)
  • A Singaporian man and his white wife
  • Hispanic Man who is married to a white woman
  • A Black woman with a white husband (who just passed his police officer exam)
  • Black couple
  • White couples

Regarding Ushers:
  • Our head Usher is black
  • We have multiple black, hispanic, and white men as ushers

I've never seen any issues arise from it. All of those people have different income and educational levels. Our kids represent all colors of the earth. The only major divide that I see within the children (and teenaged groups) is not due to race, but due to closer friendships between the children who attend the churches private school and those who do not. As someone who attended a church that primarily featured students of another school district, I can completely understand and relate.

While I'm not to say that my church is completely devoid of any racial tensions, I have not seen nor heard of any in the past five years.

This is a picture of what the church should be.

Thank you for your service!
dermdoc
AG
Dr. Watson said:

dermdoc said:

Respectfully disagree. Every white person I know is aware of their skin color and the privilege that has been attached to it. How could they not? It is constantly on social media, msm, college campuses, etc.

It seems like folks are aware of the term without understanding what it means and just attaching whatever outrages them to it so they can safely ignore it.

We will never agree on this but there is a ton of projection going on from both sides.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Doc Daneeka
TXK said:

Doc Daneeka said:

TXK said:

Doc Daneeka said:

The cause of the abandonment is their politics. You can't be progressives and Christian at the same time.

First, that is not factual by any means. Second, if you've read the article, they show how it's the church's refusal to abandon politics as being the main touchstone.

I don't need to read the article. The vast majority of blacks who are Christian vote for liberal policies. Overtime the rationalizing of their votes has ruined their religious convictions.

EOT

That is a very undereducated response. Further, forming opinions without reading the article proferred is lazy. You could at least make an attempt.

Calling some lazy and not rebutting their assertions is literally being lazy... lol
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.