P:(maybe?) On Promiscuous Women

7,052 Views | 85 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by swimmerbabe11
Madman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
First sorry for just posting a pic of text and no I have not found the CDC study to verify yet but found this very interesting.

Grimey
Sounds like red pill nonsense.
Sapper Redux
I'd really have to see these studies to know what this guy is even trying to base an argument on. But it definitely does sound like red pill bull*****
Post removed:
by user
unimboti nkum
AG
http://s3.amazonaws.com/thf_media/2003/pdf/Bookofcharts.pdf
Soso nikinombiki maaki dii.
7thGenTexan
AG
Promiscuous women are terrible for long term relationships. They get to a point where they just want to be punished in bed and they have little self respect. What they turn to for "redemption" is a lust for power. Everything is a power struggle. Nobody plays mind games like an attractive woman who sleeps around. When they're done ****ing you they turn to ****ing you over. But this all leads to severe bondage in the end. It's definitely not liberating. Eventually they end up alone with their house cats. It's very sad.

My advice to the lads out there: don't let your heart melt for one of these man eater types. Show her human kindness and respect and don't judge her, but don't even think about a relationship with her. She will make your life hell. Plus, having one more young bloke lust after her is the last thing she needs.

Solomon was absolutely right about the "strange woman."
Serotonin
AG
Correlation =/= Causation
PacifistAg
AG
Grimey said:

Sapper Redux
7thGenTexan said:

Promiscuous women are terrible for long term relationships. They get to a point where they just want to be punished in bed and they have little self respect. What they turn to for "redemption" is a lust for power. Everything is a power struggle. Nobody plays mind games like an attractive woman who sleeps around. When they're done ****ing you they turn to ****ing you over. But this all leads to severe bondage in the end. It's definitely not liberating. Eventually they end up alone with their house cats. It's very sad.

My advice to the lads out there: don't let your heart melt for one of these man eater types. Show her human kindness and respect and don't judge her, but don't even think about a relationship with her. She will make your life hell. Plus, having one more young bloke lust after her is the last thing she needs.

What about promiscuous men?
Martin Q. Blank
There's no hot/crazy scale for men. There's a reason for that.
Solo Tetherball Champ
Flip it around - replace woman w/ man and vice versa.

Edit - meant to reply to Dr Watson.
7thGenTexan
AG
Dr. Watson said:

7thGenTexan said:

What about promiscuous men?

Ask someone who dates men.

Frok
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

There's no hot/crazy scale for men. There's a reason for that.

Remember that video where the guy explains the hot/crazy vs attractive/marriable women?

The inverse was the rich and powerful guy.
Solo Tetherball Champ
It's the cute/rich scale, bro.
canadiaggie
AG
Grimey said:

Zobel
AG
Why is it red pill nonsense? It's easy to say but what are you actually refuting?

I have seen several things showing correlations between sexual partner numbers and HPV / cervical cancer, divorce rates, satisfaction, etc.

Are these false? Is there causative factors? Whatever the case may be the correct response is to refute not just hand wave.

Besides...5 seems like a lot to me. But what do I know.
Woody2006
AG
k2aggie07 said:

Why is it red pill nonsense? It's easy to say but what are you actually refuting?

I have seen several things showing correlations between sexual partner numbers and HPV / cervical cancer, divorce rates, satisfaction, etc.

Are these false? Is there causative factors? Whatever the case may be the correct response is to refute not just hand wave.

You think 5 sexual partners is a lot? That's just a fun spring break for a lot of people...
PacifistAg
AG

Quote:

Really? I thought that was an extremely low bar to set.
Madman
AG
I will operate the googtrolla and see if I can find anything this weekend.
powerbelly
AG
Red pill = men who think that they are being disenfranchised and women are to blame, especially successful/powerful women.
PacifistAg
AG
Parks and Rec had a bit about these Red Pill types.

diehard03
I think the interesting part about the OP picture is that it wasn't the actual number of partners that made her unattractive, it was his preconceived assumptions that was. By all accounts, he was happy with her and was enjoying the "fruits" of her promiscuity. If promiscuity inandof itself was bad, then those negative factors would have manifest themselves in the relationship...but they hadn't.
PacifistAg
AG
"90's babies have already flattened out at 20% married"

Uh, could that be due more to the fact that a "90's baby" will still be between 18-28 years old vs. having had sex w/ 5 or more partners in her life? Women are marrying at later ages, if I'm not mistaken, so naturally the younger demographics will have lower numbers. Something about being 18 or still in college.
7thGenTexan
AG
RetiredAg said:

Quote:

Does sin have consequences?
PacifistAg
AG
7thGenTexan said:

RetiredAg said:

Quote:

What's that have to do with my comment about the number they set as their bar? 5 partners in a life time doesn't seem like a high number.
7thGenTexan
AG
RetiredAg said:

7thGenTexan said:

RetiredAg said:

Quote:

What's that have to do with my comment about the number they set as their bar? 5 partners in a life time doesn't seem like a high number.

At what point is fornication a sin? What number of partners qualifies as promiscuity? 16?
PacifistAg
AG
7thGenTexan said:

RetiredAg said:

7thGenTexan said:

RetiredAg said:

Quote:

At what point is fornication a sin? What number of partners qualifies as promiscuity? 16?
Fornication is a sin at 1. This wasn't a religious study, if I'm not mistaken. It sounds like it was secular in nature, so they didn't seem to be addressing the issue of sinfulness. So, I'm not sure what "sin" has to do with the OP since it doesn't seem to have been part of the study. My surprise was because, from a secular perspective, 5 just doesn't seem like that much. That doesn't mean I think 5 is hunky dory. Just think it's a low bar to set, especially in our society which is far from Christian.

I don't know at what point it becomes "promiscuous" from a secular perspective though. 5 just seemed low.
7thGenTexan
AG
Can violations of spiritual orders have consequences in the natural world? I personally am not claiming there is such a thing a sin. I'm asking a Christian.
PacifistAg
AG
7thGenTexan said:

Can violations of spiritual orders have consequences in the natural world? I personally am not claiming there is such a thing a sin. I'm asking a Christian.
If you think I'm saying that sin doesn't have real world consequences, I can assure you I'm not. Yes, there are consequences to sin.

Once again, my initial comment had to do w/ the seemingly arbitrary number they chose to define "promiscuous" by. 5 in a lifetime seems low. The study referenced in the OP doesn't make any reference to sin or other spiritual aspects, unless I missed something. It was a secular study so I would assume their number wasn't derived from spiritual reasoning.
Post removed:
by user
Madman
AG
I know part of why the guys writing caught my eye is because I am getting old. I would have rejected it straight away if I was still college age.

But after watching so many people go through divorces that I know, and looking for reasons why, I can say most of the people I know who are still married are guys who may have been poon hounds while in college or young, but their wives were "good girls".

You never know if these good girls were sleeping around but the ones I am thinking of I don't think did. The divorced friends all married girls I wouldn't think of as ****s but certainly had their fare share of sexual partners.

Zobel
AG
Yeah, I guess I was focusing more on the CDC aspect than the sample size 1 story. Then again, I'm not sure how I would react if I found out that a girl I was dating had done so much coke and slept with triple digit guys. That's pretty intense, and a far cry from 5.
Zobel
AG
I'm aware of red pill, we have discussed it some on here recently.

A person can think feminism and the sexual revolution are bad without being a red pill type.
Post removed:
by user
Zobel
AG
I can't speak for anyone's perception of a low or high number. Just my own.

Promiscuity is related to a casual attitude toward sex. So.. how many people do you have to have sex with before you have a casual attitude toward sex?

I mean... the opposite of casual is serious. How many serious girlfriends does the average person have? Probably 4 or 5?
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.