*** DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE *** (SPOILERS)

19,571 Views | 203 Replies | Last: 18 days ago by bbattbq01
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In advance of this evening's first public screenings, a spoiler thread for what very well could be the most cameo-heavy movie of all time.

As for me, I'll be back here at some point after I see it tomorrow night.

Have fun!
zip90
AG
Really enjoyed it
May have to watch it again as I am sure I missed something

Glad I stayed til after the credits

The cameos were incredible
txam92
AG
If you've seen most of the Fox Marvel movies you'll catch most of the references. It was funny seeing Channing Tatum as Gambit since he tried for so long to get a Gambit movie made.
BoydCrowder13
txam92 said:

If you've seen most of the Fox Marvel movies you'll catch most of the references. It was funny seeing Channing Tatum as Gambit since he tried for so long to get a Gambit movie made.

His "I think I was born here (the Void)" line was great.

Blade's "I'm the only Blade forever" line was great with the development hell of the new one".

Masked up Wolverine was incredible.

Johnny Storm was great.

txam92
AG
Masked up Wolverine was fantastic. Also caught that Blade line. Many LOL moments for sure.
Ambres
AG
Just got back.. so much to unpack.. nice way to end the Fox Universe. Great idea to wrap it up as a group. I laughed out loud when I saw Liefield Store .. w/ Feet sign in the back ground.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Looking at IMDB, I hope they eventually fill in the cast to address some of those characters in the void I wasn't sure about.

Lady Deathstrike isn't on IMDB yet, and I think that was her in the Void even though they never closed in on her. Who knows how many of the others were randos or were supposed to be specific characters. They kind of went video game mode with the npc bad guys just coming and coming to be shredded.

IMDB did reveal why Cowboy Deadpool sounded familiar. Alright alright alright.

Remains to be seen if the plot has much bearing on the future, but my understanding at the end is that Deadpool and this version of Wolverine are essentially staying in the universe that Deadpool started in. BUT...we now know that Happy Hogan and the Avengers existed in his universe too, sooo - do they need to cross over into the Sacred Timeline of the Avengers?
C@LAg
Jugstore Cowboy said:

Looking at IMDB, I hope they eventually fill in the cast to address some of those characters in the void I wasn't sure about.

Lady Deathstrike isn't on IMDB yet, and I think that was her in the Void even though they never closed in on her. Who knows how many of the others were randos or were supposed to be specific characters. They kind of went video game mode with the npc bad guys just coming and coming to be shredded.

Remains to be seen if the plot has much bearing on the future, but my understanding at the end is that Deadpool and this version of Wolverine are essentially staying in the universe that Deadpool started in. BUT...we now know that Happy Hogan and the Avengers existed in his universe too, sooo - do they need to cross over into the Sacred Timeline of the Avengers?
you pull a secret wars and pull characters from multiple universes/realities, have them interreact in battleworld and then have them all land, permanently, in a single universe. their histories still intact.

DC pulls that crap every few years when they reboot their characters.
txam92
AG
Jugstore Cowboy said:

It was Lady Deathstrike. Now I know why the Cowboy sounded familiar! Also didn't realize Lady Deadpool was Blake Lively, but should've expected that.
C@LAg
dogpool was Taylor Swift.
The "Flame On" scene got the most reaction. It's was ****ing perfect!!!
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
My matinee showing wasn't completely full, and I suspect from the audience reactions that they weren't exactly comic book nerds. Generic stuff like "Let's ****ing go" got reactions. Would have been fun to see reactions in a theater full of people who caught all the references.

*the Jennifer Garner "it's OK" in response to "sorry about Daredevil" was pretty funny too, among others.
BoydCrowder13
Jugstore Cowboy said:

My matinee showing wasn't completely full, and I suspect from the audience reactions that they weren't exactly comic book nerds. Generic stuff like "Let's ****ing go" got reactions. Would have been fun to see reactions in a theater full of people who caught all the references.

*the Jennifer Garner "it's OK" in response to "sorry about Daredevil" was pretty funny too, among others.

Guess my crowd was full of nerds like me. All the deep cuts got huge cheers.

Probably the best crowd involvement I've seen since No Way Home.
johncAG
AG
Agree with the No Way Home comment. Packed nerdy crowd tonight and all the deep cuts got laughs. So much references to actual movie making history like the Gambit Project/More Blades/etc. I must have missed Rob from It Always Sunny. Henry Cavill feels like a John Krasinski type cameo but would love to see more of him
johncAG
AG
Also, did anyone get the jab when Deadpool and Blade were talking? It reminded me of the Patton Oswalt story about how miserable the Blade Trinity shoot was and I'm pretty sure Ryan Reynolds and Wesley didnt get along
All I do is Nguyen
Seeing Gambit who is my favorite X-men was very bittersweet. I love how Tatum played the part and I am praying he gets a solo movie now.

All of the cameos were fantastic. Easily the best thing Marvel has put out since Spiderman No Way Home
Saxsoon
AG
Cavillerine was so ridiculous I almost thought it was a different actor

Johnny showing up was absolutely perfect and the post credit scene was so incredibly fowl

Electra and Blade were great but holy **** at Gambit development hell joke

Didn't realize it at the time but Mm, Blake lively, and Nathan fillion is awesome in retrospect
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Albatross Necklace
Top Notch on fan service

Great homage to the X-Men/Fox franchises during the credits

Was expecting a post credit stinger to setup for Secret Wars
Saxsoon
AG
Based on the Box Office hugh will be doing this until he is 90
imjustsayin
AG
This will definitley be one to re-watch. The jokes and references and subtleties were so rich that I'm sure I missed a lot of them.

Re: Gambit. "Seriously, who is your dialect coach?"

Re: Wolverine and Deadpool fighting in the car and greatest showman song pops on!

Sooo many well placed jokes and nods. Seems like it was meant to put a nice bow on the multiverse saga.
imjustsayin
AG
Also his knowledge of minivans is hilarious and his read on the Honda odyssey is nails… as an owner of the Honda odyssey he was reading my mind on the review.
J. Walter Weatherman
Loved the movie, really fun and the deep cuts and references were pretty much all nailed in my opinion. The brutal hilarity of the fight scenes was definitely a highlight for me too.

One thing I was a little confused by - when he meets with Happy, that signified he traveled to the Avenger's era Earth (616), got shot down, and then traveled back to his multiverse? There wasn't already a Deadpool in Earth 616 right?
Sea Speed
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

Seeing Gambit who is my favorite X-men was very bittersweet. I love how Tatum played the part and I am praying he gets a solo movie now.

All of the cameos were fantastic. Easily the best thing Marvel has put out since Spiderman No Way Home

Same with gambit. He was pretty muchy favorite as a kid. Was very happy to see him.
When the long haired Deadpool told our Deadpool that he can also break the fourth wall. Then looks at the camera with a weird smile and says 'The Proposal.' I almost died laughing.
C@LAg
it needs to be said.

Gambit, as a character, is overrated.
Sea Speed
AG
High Jackman was amazing as wolverine again. He is a much better actor than I give him credit for and it was amazing to see how young he looked in the old footage.

The only real negative was the wolverine CGI iln the last fights with Deadpool, I thought he looked very cartoon or video gamey, so it kind of took me out of the moment.

Jokes were all hilarious and I laughed pretty hard several times but def would have laughed harder if I didn't have to pee so damned bad.

I was honestly really disappointed for the first minute when he was explaining how Logan would regenerate until we saw his skeleton and I laughed so hard. I should have known, but still, was so damn funny.

htownag08
AG
Laughed hard throughout but that opening when he's using Logan's skeleton to fight the TVA was just awesome.

Really fun movie - gotta see it again since our theater was laughing so much and there was so much happening, I'm sure I missed some things.
atm0812
AG
Ambres said:

Just got back.. so much to unpack.. nice way to end the Fox Universe. Great idea to wrap it up as a group. I laughed out loud when I saw Liefield Store .. w/ Feet sign in the back ground.

What is the joke with "Liefield Store…. w/ feet" ? I saw the sign, but that was the only time other people in our theater laughed and I did't know what was going on.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Liefeld is an artist that's known for drawing terrible feet
TexasAggie_02
AG
Movie was awesome, loved it! Wish we could've gotten storm or cyclops in there, but they're probably too OP for that fight at the compound.
C@LAg
atm0812 said:

Ambres said:

What is the joke with "Liefield Store…. w/ feet" ? I saw the sign, but that was the only time other people in our theater laughed and I did't know what was going on.
it is a joke based on RL's tendency to stage comic panels in such a way that the feet were always cut off out of frame or hidden behind things.

and when he drew them they were very simplified compared to his ridiculous detail on hair, pouches on the characters' outfits, teeth, etc.
jokershady
AG
I haven't laughed that hard in a long time in a movie! Holy crap!

Chris Evan's shouting, "Flame On!" got a very loud audible, "YEEEEEEES!" out of me.

Deadpool beating the bell out of the TVA guys with Logan's corpse was just hilarious and my wife was loving that it was set to NSYNC….

Deadpool and Wolverine destroying each other in the minivan while zooming in on the "coexist" sticker had me holding my side.

Blade showing up got an immediate reaction out of my theatre….that whole interaction was just nothing but perfect fan service in-jokes which all landed perfectly and actually had me feeling sad for Gambit who was always one of my favorite X-men….but Blade commenting about there will only ever be one Blade and then Wade starting at the camera was just perfect….

Honestly I want to know how many people are pissed at this movie right now at Disney….cause there's gotta be a few….

And I have to say in terms of language…..I never thought I'd see a movie that would be up there with South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut…..and here we are…..this movie taught me some new naughty words and it seemed like half of them came from Chris Evans in the end credits scene….jeez is that guy a native New Yorker cause he sure as hell wasn't trying to sound like Johnny Storm and that's fine….

I'll think of more later but that was awesome!!!!

Plot made no sense but I don't care much….ill wait for Eric Voss to break it down for me….
Saxsoon
AG
I saw it again tonight and the movie is still just *chef's kiss*. Was with 2 other guys who are in the known on this stuff and 4 women that had only ever seen the first Deadpool and DEFINITELY did not understand the Johnny, Elektra, Gambit, Blade deep cuts. They of course loved the opening song/fight number.

Also . . . Blake Lively and Jennifer Garner looked great in those suits.
AgfromHOU
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

Liefeld is an artist that's known for drawing terrible feet

He's also the creator of Deadpool
AgfromHOU
AG
Currently watching X2. Towards the beginning there's a scene where Wolverine is driving a car, and Pyro turns on the radio. The song? Bye, Bye, Bye

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.