*** DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE *** (SPOILERS)

19,831 Views | 203 Replies | Last: 27 days ago by bbattbq01
Guzen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Took my son to this yesterday and wasn't thrilled to go. I was so wrong. This movie was awesome. I laughed the entire time and Jen Garner is a smoke show.
Mitch Paradise
swimmerbabe11
I really don't think we are talking enough about what a smokeshow Jen Garner is. Truly.
The Porkchop Express
AG
I took a month off from some personal biz so didn't get to do the first weekend review but went opening night (thursday) with my closest dad friend. Probably the best in-theater movie experience I've had ever outside of Opening Night for The Force Awakens. Had managed to stay spoiler free. Biggest roar at our fairly urban theater was for Snipes. IDK the last time I cheered that much at a movie. Friends think I'm mad, but I put it above every other Marvel movie ever, including Endgame. Can't wait to go again.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
Vince Blake
swimmerbabe11 said:

I really don't think we are talking enough about what a smokeshow Jen Garner is. Truly.

Her baby talking through Capital One commercials has always made me think of her as very unsexy but I thought she looked great in this movie. I also loved the gag of her being cool with her Daredevil (Affleck) being dead.
An L of an Ag
AG
We finally saw this today, and I'm glad I watched all of the Loki series on Disney +. It was a fun show - but I could see how it wouldn't be as well received.

The potshots at Fox were funny. Loved the Human Torch reveal when they meet Chris Evans in the void.
maroon barchetta
An L of an Ag said:

We finally saw this today, and I'm glad I watched all of the Loki series on Disney +. It was a fun show - but I could see how it wouldn't be as well received.

The potshots at Fox were funny. Loved the Human Torch reveal when they meet Chris Evans in the void.

We howled when he went "Flame On!!"
nai06
AG
Saw this last night and loved every minute of it. I managed to avoid almost all the spoilers so things like Blade, Gambit, Flame on, etc. were all surprising for me. A couple of things I haven't seen mentioned so far

-Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively's kids play Kidpool and Baby pool
-Paul Mullins plays Welsh pool. Mullins is the lead striker for Wrexham, the football club Reynolds co owns with Rob Rob McElhenney
-The secret wars comic on the ground when Deadpool first ends up in the void.
-I was actually reading the credits and in the special thanks section they list "Truthful Timmy the Blowjob Queen of Saskatoon".

Also having dealt with Disney on the business side of things in the past, a lot of the jabs at them really hit home and made me laugh.
maroon barchetta
We watched the credits and caught several funny things.
vmiaptetr
AG
It my kid's first day of school today, so after I dropped them off I went to Cinemark and saw the 9:10 a.m. showing of this.

1. Wolverine putting on his mask was awesome.

2. To me, the funniest line in the entire movie was when Cassandra Nova said she was "gonna boil your brain on an atomic level while flicking my bean to the Enya box set."
maroon barchetta
vmiaptetr said:

It my kid's first day of school today, so after I dropped them off I went to Cinemark and saw the 9:10 a.m. showing of this.

1. Wolverine putting on his mask was awesome.

2. To me, the funniest line in the entire movie was when Cassandra Nova said she was "gonna boil your brain on an atomic level while flicking my bean to the Enya box set."

Even better for me was Deadpool being shocked and saying "THERE'S AN ENYA BOX SET???!!"
DannyDuberstein
AG
Me too. Kind of reminded me of original Deadpool when Vanessa said she slept in a dishwasher box and Wades gasps and says "you had a dishwasher?"
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Blade movie cancelled. Who's surprised? Wesley Snipes isn't.
TCTTS
AG
Where are you seeing this? I can't find a single mention anywhere of the movie being cancelled.
maroon barchetta
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Look who is the Hollywood insider now!
The Porkchop Express
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

If it gets delayed a few more times, Jonathan Majors can star in it for his comeback.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Madonna releases the "Like a Prayer Battle Royale Remix"

It's pretty amazing they never put the mask on Logan before now. My kids and I always joke about all the contrived ways they try to get the mask off the star actors in superhero movies - like during the Portals scene of Endgame with Spidey and Starlord and others. Whoever did the costume design for the mask needs an Oscar. It looked so slick on his face.

jokershady
AG
TCTTS said:

anyone else remember when we were told by the internets that this as AI generated?

had to go back to page 738 on the Marvel thread to find this gym that the post above reminded me of...

still think it was AI? Or just a cover? Granted the mask in the image is slightly different than what was in the movie.....but not by much.....
MASAXET
AG
I saw where Ryan Reynolds and Shawn Levy met with Madonna to ask for the rights to Like a Prayer, and they said she had a production note that they immediately incorporated. They said this prior to the movie releasing (it may even be in this thread).

Now that the movie is out, does anyone know what the comment was?
The Porkchop Express
AG
MASAXET said:

I saw where Ryan Reynolds and Shawn Levy met with Madonna to ask for the rights to Like a Prayer, and they said she had a production note that they immediately incorporated. They said this prior to the movie releasing (it may even be in this thread).

Now that the movie is out, does anyone know what the comment was?
Yeah, I read that too, my buddy and I were speculating about it at the theater. Maybe the mask? They did wait until the music was silent to put it on.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Could have been mentioning her?
Garrelli 5000
AG
We watched it this past weekend and it was fantastic.

We've only seen the 1st season of Loki. I've told some older family members not to bother because they haven't watched many if any Marvel films. So much of the humor is lost if don't have the background.

That said, we even wondered what we missed because we're not super fans.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Yeah, I can see that. It's kind of like seeing not another teen movie without seeing any of the movies it's making fun of.
Mathguy64
AG
Saw it today.

Yeah the plot was thin but who cares. It was a blast. 60% fan appreciation and 40% seeing how close they could get to NC-17 without actually crossing the line.

I was sure it was Cap right up until he lit up.

I wonder if Pitt and Damon were in there somewhere again. Maybe in a Deadpool suit.
Sea Pony 07
AG
Garrelli 5000 said:

We've only seen the 1st season of Loki. I've told some older family members not to bother because they haven't watched many if any Marvel films. So much of the humor is lost if don't have the background.

I didn't see any of Loki and I still had no problems understanding the twa. I had a good time at the movie with the exception of some jerk bringing an infant, a toddler and a pre-teen to the 1030 pm showing. I only saw the official trailer so I was really surprised by Flame-on. I'm definitely going to see it again.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Sea Pony 07 said:

Garrelli 5000 said:

I didn't see any of Loki and I still had no problems understanding the twa. I had a good time at the movie with the exception of some jerk bringing an infant, a toddler and a pre-teen to the 1030 pm showing. I only saw the official trailer so I was really surprised by Flame-on. I'm definitely going to see it again.
Get a manager on the scene, and idiot dad would have been gone or seated in the back row in 2 seconds. Don't put up with that kind of **** when you've paid money for it
Iowaggie
AG
This almost makes me want to see It Ends with Us.

"I think we found the next Wolverine"
TexasAggie_02
AG
fig96
AG
Finally go to see this over the weekend and was miraculously able to avoid pretty much all spoilers. The Elektra/Blade/Gambit/X23 stuff was absolutely epic and the whole movie delivered exactly the stupid fun I was expecting and hoping for.
bbattbq01
AG
fig96 said:

Finally go to see this over the weekend and was miraculously able to avoid pretty much all spoilers. The Elektra/Blade/Gambit/X23 stuff was absolutely epic and the whole movie delivered exactly the stupid fun I was expecting and hoping for.

Saw it last week after getting kids off to the first day of school and completely agree with your assessment!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.