**** TRAP **** another Shyamalan thing…

10,060 Views | 110 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by nai06
Sex Panther
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The killer is actually the daughter is one of the dumbest theories I've ever heard so that's undoubtedly the twist
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS
AG
I really, truly don't think there's a twist in this movie. From those who have seen it, what little they've said about it indicates that the conceit in the trailer *is* the actual plot. There's been ZERO hinting otherwise. Then again, there's definitely something fishy going on with the whole critics thing, so who knows.
Faustus
Twist will likely be who tipped off authorities he'd be there - like an estranged wife or the daughter. Although I guess they'd need to explain away why they needed to apprehend him at the concert rather than some other time with the daughter, and why the daughter went with him to begin with.

So maybe not.

Proposition Joe
Not screened for critics, I'm sure that's just because it's a gem.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Casual Cynic
Interesting premise but I thought the ending fell flat.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
jokershady
AG
So I'm probably not going to be able to see this one….so for fun and NOT BASED ON A SINGLE THING IVE READ ABOUT THIS MOVIE I thought I'd make a few predictions and see if any of them are right or come close….

Main character actually has super high identic memory and is actually enjoying the challenge of escaping the concert as it's revealed he's able to remember every name and face of every person he interacts with at the concert.

Main character actually hasn't killed anyone but has just been abducting them and runs a dark web murder company like in Hostel where is customers do the killing….

Main character's daughter isn't actually his biological daughter…his first victims were her parents when she was a baby and he raised her as his own…….side note would be he's been planning her murder her entire life and plans to do it when she's 18….

It's revealed main character has actually killed WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more people than initially thought through evidence found at the very end.

Main characters daughter is actually in on it and he's trying to protect her from jail and keep her from knowing they're close to getting caught….

Had a few more ideas but thought those were the most likely….
Casual Cynic
jokershady said:

So I'm probably not going to be able to see this one….so for fun and NOT BASED ON A SINGLE THING IVE READ ABOUT THIS MOVIE I thought I'd make a few predictions and see if any of them are right or come close….

Main character actually has super high identic memory and is actually enjoying the challenge of escaping the concert as it's revealed he's able to remember every name and face of every person he interacts with at the concert.

Main character actually hasn't killed anyone but has just been abducting them and runs a dark web murder company like in Hostel where is customers do the killing….

Main character's daughter isn't actually his biological daughter…his first victims were her parents when she was a baby and he raised her as his own…….side note would be he's been planning her murder her entire life and plans to do it when she's 18….

It's revealed main character has actually killed WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more people than initially thought through evidence found at the very end.

Main characters daughter is actually in on it and he's trying to protect her from jail and keep her from knowing they're close to getting caught….

Had a few more ideas but thought those were the most likely….
Some of those ideas sounded a lot better than what they actually did.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Sea Speed
AG
TCTTS said:

TCTTS
AG
jokershady
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That was a great Josh Hartnett performance.
TCTTS
AG
20ag07
I always liked Josh Hartnett.

His press tour has been super open about why he just walked away and moved to England and didn't work.

He had the chance to be a Chris Pratt or Ashton Kutcher and just ran away.

Ready to get back in the game now- good for him. Glad he's getting good reviews on this one.
Sea Speed
AG
What reason did he give?
jokershady
AG
He never blew me away as an incredible actor but he never came across as a bad actor either and seemed to be good at the roles he was given….but I mostly remember him in the teen heart throb roles….

Gods honest truth here….i actually didn't recognize him in the initial trailers cause I had forgotten all about him…but it was driving me nuts cause I knew I recognized the actor and that I should know who that was but I never looked it up….

Crazy that he's been gone so long….
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Hartnett at his peak was way bigger than Ashton Kutcher ever was.
TCTTS
AG
20ag07
Stalkers at his house, too much publicity, too much leaking about roles he might be involved in (Superman, Batman, etc).

And he said this week "I didn't trust ANYONE, so I left".

Perfectly understandable story.
20ag07
Quote:

Hartnett at his peak was way bigger than Ashton Kutcher ever was
And Ashton Kutcher has made about a bazillion more dollars. I was just saying he could have have that career. And said "no thanks".
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Saxsoon
AG
So excited to see this after work
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
uujm
Fool me 10 times... I'm not seeing this piece of crap.
Btron
AG
Nothing M. Night makes is a piece of crap. You need to scale that back, homie.

Saxsoon
AG
Great film. Super enjoyable and Hartnett was magnetic and played this incredible loving father and sociopath.

The entire second half of the film is not Imin the trailers. No twists as you expect from him but the plot shifted in a way I never expected.

Nepotism at its finest to give his daughter screen time and be her own Taylor Swift. But I actually didn't mind the music and had fun with the concert scenes
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
TCTTS
AG
The first two thirds absolutely deliver on the promise of the premise. It's fun, suspenseful, and you're never once remotely bored. Yes, it's cheesy and forced at times, but none of that kept me from being stoked that Shyamalan was actually pulling it off.

And then came the third act.

Which I think might up there with the dumbest, most ridiculous movie climaxes I've ever seen. Just monumentally, mind-numbing stupid. And it never, ever stops, somehow feeling like it has more endings than The Return of the King.

Holy crap.

I don't care how much Shyamalan may or may not have meant for it to be tongue-in-cheek... that was… BAD. To the point where I genuinely don't understand how the final forty-five minutes or so (or was it two hours?) isn't being absolutely roasted more as the fumble it is.

That, and Shyamalan's daughter, while a decent talent/musician, in no way to exudes "pop star" on the level the movie wants you to believe, made even more ridiculous by how much daddy lets his little princess actually do (seriously, it's crazy). Any other actor/non-Shyamalan-daughter would have elevated this thing another 20%, easy.

Sadly, though, that still wouldn't have been enough to save it.

If anything, I now completely understand why Warner Bros kept this thing from critics. No offense to those who liked it (I did too, until I didn't), but that it's working for some people is just pure, dumb luck.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.