***Dark Matter***

16,224 Views | 91 Replies | Last: 13 days ago by Mr President Elect
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fantastic finale. Not quite as good as last week's episode, but a fitting, satisfying end. That said, I don't know how a potential second season could come anywhere close to this season. Seeing as, IMO, there's simply no plot as primal, singular, and as sympathetic as Jason wanting to get back home, trying to reclaim the life that was taken from him. That said, I would love to be proven wrong, and I hope they get the chance to try.
MrPlow2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I agree. The finale was great and wrapped things up nicely if it doesn't get a season 2. Maybe season 2 could focus on Ryan1 exploring and trying to get back. Maybe since Earth1 is overrun with Jasons some government agency takes over and recreates the drug needed. Either way I really enjoyed this season.
Mr President Elect
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Agreed. Usually, at the end of a season of a show I enjoy, I can't wait for the next season. I don't really have much interest in watching them do the 'Quantum Leap' thing, or seeing what transpires with all the Jason 2 colleagues. The Ryan story could be interesting, but it seems a bit redundant, and I am not all that invested in his character.
Pro Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Future seasons could follow others, the flashes to other box travelers toward the end could become stories. It's not Jason, but this is an interesting concept that I could see myself watching other stories from.

I wasn't sure what we were to read into the Ryan intro to Amanda - was that Ryan a traveler too?
GreasenUSA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pro Ag said:


I wasn't sure what we were to read into the Ryan intro to Amanda - was that Ryan a traveler too?
That was our original Ryan. Jason2 ditched him in the Utopia world right before Jason and Amanda got there... and then Amanda chose to stay.

Could be an interesting storyline about how he knew to look for her.
Pro Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ah, I did not catch that he was ditched in the same world. I wondered if it was original Ryan that started hopping as well after orienting himself in the world Jason 2 dropped him in.
concac
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pro Ag said:

Ah, I did not catch that he was ditched in the same world. I wondered if it was original Ryan that started hopping as well after orienting himself in the world Jason 2 dropped him in.
At the end, you see Ryan making the serum. Did he travel to Amanda's (and Jason 2) original world and that's how he found out about her? Or Blair's world where see was trapped in the Velocity building and she told Ryan about Amanda and Jason 1?

And why was Ryan looking for Amanda?
Stat Monitor Repairman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Show had potential but fizzled out.
GreasenUSA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This show was nearly everything I want out of a hard sci-fi that doesn't involve space. They took some concepts that I always assumed would be tough to put on film and pulled it off.

Got better as it went along, too.
rynning
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just finished. I think they did a great job taking a complex premise and logically taking it to a satisfying conclusion without cheating its audience.

They didn't show their new world, but are we to believe it's the one where Jason 1 was tempted to stay, where Max is still alive, or someplace else?

I agree there's no need for a second season.
Murder Hornet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Breggy Popup said:

Did they inject politics or are you the one injecting it?


They said Obama tower. Don't be obtuse
double aught
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Finally finished this. Really enjoyed it. There were quite a few subplots that weren't found in the book; I thought they were handled well.
MrPlow2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looks like it got picked up for a second season. This is one of those shows that doesn't really need a second season, but I'll still tune in to watch.

'Dark Matter' Renewed for Second Season at Apple TV+ (msn.com)
MookieBlaylock
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just released third single Wreckage, which just happens to be #3 on the album

Very solid and catch song

Highly recommend
chick79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I gave up on this show after about six episodes.
GreasenUSA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MrPlow2010 said:

Looks like it got picked up for a second season. This is one of those shows that doesn't really need a second season, but I'll still tune in to watch.

'Dark Matter' Renewed for Second Season at Apple TV+ (msn.com)


Just saw this news. I can't imagine a season 2 being better than this, but I'm definitely tuning in.
New World Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Discovered season 1 this weekend. Another high quality Apple show that I somehow missed.

aTm Ag complaining about the Obama building is hilarious. I wonder if in that world Obama is a real estate developer...

I liked the nods to "It's a Wonderful Life" in the last couple of episodes.

Can Jennifer Connelly get any skinnier? Still hot but eat a cheeseburger or two.

Season 2 comes out in late August.

TKEAg04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For anybody still watching this - ep. 5 of season 2 was incredibly profound. Extremely well done.
Kaiser von Wilhelm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TKEAg04 said:

For anybody still watching this - ep. 5 of season 2 was incredibly profound. Extremely well done.


It's out already...? Huh
Mr President Elect
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TKEAg04 said:

For anybody still watching this - ep. 5 of season 2 was incredibly profound. Extremely well done.

I didn't like the episode, but it was probably a bid idea to put that on in the background while working on something. It might as well have just been a silent film. I saw a lot of comments on well done it was and stuff, so I might give it another shot, but not sure if I want to sit through that again. I watched a recap to get the gist of anything I missed, and think I might just leave it at that.
TKEAg04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mr President Elect said:

TKEAg04 said:

For anybody still watching this - ep. 5 of season 2 was incredibly profound. Extremely well done.

I didn't like the episode, but it was probably a bid idea to put that on in the background while working on something. It might as well have just been a silent film. I saw a lot of comments on well done it was and stuff, so I might give it another shot, but not sure if I want to sit through that again. I watched a recap to get the gist of anything I missed, and think I might just leave it at that.

Just in case, that was the OG. He had to begin a new life knowing that he was in the right and he had it all taken away.
Mr President Elect
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Every one of the Jason's (except Jason 2) in the S1 finale were the OG's, just different splits from when they went into the box. For obvious reasons, the show just latched onto one of them.
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.