***Dark Matter***

9,941 Views | 85 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by GreasenUSA
Diggity
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Shocking that he would have a building named after him in Chicago
aTmAg
AG
Diggity said:

In the only universe that is utopian. I'm sure that was a mere coincidence.
Post removed:
by user
aTmAg
AG
Unemployed said:

aTmAg said:

Hilarious how the "utopian" universe has the "Obama" tower, green everywhere, blatantly gay dudes, etc. Hollywood morons can't help themselves.

Your "utopia" has been tried. It's called the USSR, Cuba, North Korea, and Venezuela. There is a reason people flee your countries for our countries. Yours are S-holes.

Do you feel better now?
I just find it hilarious that in actual reality, democrats have been in charge of Chicago for 93 straight years and they have turned it into a S-hole. Yet this show contends that if only they got their way MORE, then it would have become utopia. That level of blatant ignorance is actually quite impressive.

I wonder if that was in the book. Or if the show writers injected that idiocy.
aTmAg
AG
Breggy Popup said:

aTmAg said:

Diggity said:

A utopian alternate universe would imply all leaders were perfect and purely benevolent and the world is in harmony. So really, who gives a *****
They should just leave the politics out of the show. Don't drop names or anything. It shouldn't be that hard.

But they are stupid. (Which explains their political views)
Post removed:
by user
aTmAg
AG
Breggy Popup said:

Did they inject politics or are you the one injecting it?
Are you serious? They mentioned OBAMA. The only time they mentioned any political figure. And it just so happened in a utopian world. You guys can't be serious. Give me a break.
concac
AG
aTmAg said:

Breggy Popup said:

aTmAg said:

Diggity said:

A utopian alternate universe would imply all leaders were perfect and purely benevolent and the world is in harmony. So really, who gives a *****
They should just leave the politics out of the show. Don't drop names or anything. It shouldn't be that hard.

Sure. Injecting politics into anything when it doesn't play a pivotal role in the plot of the show is unnecessary (kinda like this thread, too).

And since calling the building Obama or having a bunch of gays traipsing around doesn't detract from the essence of the show, just ignore it. Not worth the discussion.
BQRyno
AG
Unemployed said:

aTmAg said:

Breggy Popup said:

aTmAg said:

Diggity said:

Sure. Injecting politics into anything when it doesn't play a pivotal role in the plot of the show is unnecessary (kinda like this thread, too).

And since calling the building Obama or having a bunch of gays traipsing around doesn't detract from the essence of the show, just ignore it. Not worth the discussion.

Not kinda like this thread. I think we should move on from it, but we have a thread about a show, and the show injected politics. Commenting on that isn't injecting much. It was literally included in the show pretty blatantly.

That said, I'm fine with rolling my eyes and moving on. That may be part of the problem, but that's a topic for f16.
aTmAg
AG
Unemployed said:

aTmAg said:

Breggy Popup said:

aTmAg said:

Diggity said:

What does detract and what does not detract is a matter of opinion. It is my opinion that it does. I'm expressing that opinion, and I'm sure plenty of other agree with it.

And in typical F13 form, you guys spend more time on complaining that the opinion was dared to be expressed than either addressing or ignoring the opinion and moving on.
TCTTS
AG
After all the great buzz and a couple of recommendations, I finally had a chance to catch up with this show and hot damn I wish I would have started it sooner, if only to savor the week-to-week viewings and to be part of the discourse (well, at least until you-know-who showed up and ruined it like he always does). I'm so glad I can at least catch these last two episodes "live," though, as that was the perfect what-the-hell cliffhanger with Jason3. Same as most of you, I have no idea who he is or how he got there but I can't wait to find out. I was so stoked to finally see Jason1 back in his universe (did anyone else notice It's a Wonderful Life on the movie theater marque as Json was excitedly jogging down the street?), and for them to then pull that kind of twist is just such great writing, at the moment when you'd least expect it.

Anyway, what a fantastic show, and what a trip it's been to get here.

Between this and Presumed Innocent, Apple is absolutely killing it right now.

Oh, and I just saw that the writers room for season two has already started. Apple hasn't officially picked it up yet - they sometimes start rooms in order to get a head start, and eat the cost if they end up cancelling - but considering how well it seems to be doing, a second season seems inevitable at this point.
TCTTS
AG
Sex Panther said:

Yeah I'm loving it. Really like Edgerton in this role and the subtle differences between the two Jasons

Another really well done sci fi offering from Apple

Edgerton is the man. Dude is always solid, but yeah, the subtle differences he's portraying between the two Jasons are so damn good. They legit feel like two completely different people to me.
TCTTS
AG
aTmAg said:

Unemployed said:

aTmAg said:

Breggy Popup said:

aTmAg said:

Diggity said:

What does detract and what does not detract is a matter of opinion. It is my opinion that it does. I'm expressing that opinion, and I'm sure plenty of other agree with it.

And in typical F13 form, you guys spend more time on complaining that the opinion was dared to be expressed than either addressing or ignoring the opinion and moving on.

You've harped on it in SIX different posts over the past day.

"Lol, how silly of y'all to react to something I've mentioned multiple times now, meant for no other reason than to virtue signal and stir the pot."

Give me a break.

This board has trained me to cringe at anything even remotely "woke" in movies/TV, not because I give two ****s, but because of how a handful of chronically online, politically obsessed snowflakes here will inevitably whine over the dumbest stuff. That said, not even the "Obama" mention or the gay couple registered on my radar, if only because the former is famously from Chicago (while the name-drop itself could not have been more offhanded), and the latter is so normal now that it seems insane to even call out.
joerobert_pete06
AG
I think that was Jason 6
TCTTS
AG
Where/Who the hell were 3, 4, and 5?
joerobert_pete06
AG
Still searching for their original multiverse. Not sure really, my brain cannot comprehend right now
TCTTS
AG
But where did you get that idea? I could be wrong, but I don't remember a single mention of any other Jasons searching for their respective universes, save for "our" original Jason.
joerobert_pete06
AG
I watched someone break down the episode and it was mentioned that with the audio subtitles, that character was referred to as Jason 6
TCTTS
AG
Hmmm. Interesting.
aTmAg
AG
TCTTS said:

aTmAg said:

Unemployed said:

aTmAg said:

Breggy Popup said:

aTmAg said:

Diggity said:

You've harped on it in SIX different posts over the past day.

"Lol, how silly of y'all to react to something I've mentioned multiple times now, meant for no other reason than to virtue signal and stir the pot."

Give me a break.

This board has trained me to cringe at anything even remotely "woke" in movies/TV, not because I give two ****s, but because of how a handful of chronically online, politically obsessed snowflakes here will inevitably whine over the dumbest stuff. That said, not even the "Obama" mention or the gay couple registered on my radar, if only because the former is famously from Chicago (while the name-drop itself could not have been more offhanded), and the latter is so normal now that it seems insane to even call out.
The latter 5 of those were responses to other people. Now you are making it 6.

And like usual, you are the defender/denier of everything woke. Keep deyning it. I don't care if 90% of Hollywood loses their jobs.
Mr President Elect
AG
I need to rewatch the episode, but didn't he mention to the girl he was with that he was out watching another version of himself stalking his wife and this world's self. I think the Jason hitting on his blonde version wife wasn't actually "our" Jason.

Basically every event spawns off multiple universes, so it would make sense that multiple of "our lost Jason"s got spawned and another one of these also made it back. Although, this seems like this will turn into a total mess.

ETA: Also, he might be in a very slightly skewed version of his world. Maybe one version got a broken finger from bad Jason during their fight and we are in his world and that is where this world forked from.
TCTTS
AG
Mr President Elect said:

I need to rewatch the episode, but didn't he mention to the girl he was with that he was out watching another version of himself stalking his wife and this world's self. I think the Jason hitting on his blonde version wife wasn't actually "our" Jason.

Basically every event spawns off multiple universes, so it would make sense that multiple of "our lost Jason"s got spawned and another one of these also made it back. Although, this seems like this will turn into a total mess.

I was definitely confused by the blonde version of his wife - not in the moment, but by the very next scene - because "our" Jason is then shown outside his brownstone, stalking himself and his wife from the street, through the window, and his wife suddenly has dark hair again. But as far as I remember, there was no indication that we were suddenly in a new universe. Rather, it seemed as if he walked from the gallery to the brownstone. So, yeah, presumably one of those Jasons (with the blonde version of his wife and then stalking them outside their brownstone) wasn't "our" Jason.
TCTTS
AG
I haven't seen an episode of TV that good, and that tense, from beginning to end, since the season one finale of Severance.

Holy *****
TCTTS
AG
Next week's official description has also gone up…

"Season finale. The Dressens' world comes crashing down."

How has it not already??? After that, I don't know how much more tension/drama I can take…
Mr President Elect
AG
Seemed kind of cold of the wife to discriminate towards Jupiter Jason over the other Jason 1's.
TCTTS
AG
He "proved himself" by A) being the first to contact her, and B) being smarter than the others by getting arrested and luring her to him. Jupiter Jason proved himself to be the alpha Jason and she respects the hustle.
Mr President Elect
AG
TCTTS said:

He "proved himself" by A) being the first to contact her, and B) being smarter than the others by getting arrested and luring her to him. Jupiter Jason proved himself to be the alpha Jason and she respects the hustle.
I mean there really shouldn't be an alpha Jason as they are all "our" Jason. Hence him making her decide the location and safe-word, and then being like you can't trust the other ones. Although it is obvious some of them experienced some serious trauma and might be a bit damaged. Also, I suppose there are still Jason 2's out there looking to settle upon this reality.

Not sure Jason 2 really thought this through. His life would be a non-stop horror film of Jason 1's perpetually showing up to kill him. Kind of gave me a bit of "Fallen" vibes.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Think Story has the Jason count up to 10!

Mr President Elect
AG
I don't think you can be certain that some of those Jason's didn't get double counted, especially 9 & 10. Regardless, I think it is obvious that their world is now uninhabitable..

What if he takes them to the Obama Building in the utopian world and they are like, "Who is Obama?" Does he abandon them to continue his search, or does he say, "F it, close enough"?
joerobert_pete06
AG
Freaking crazy! I knew it was about to get weird but not that bad

maxag42
I'm confused. So Jupiter Jason is not the wife's real husband and is just a version of Jason? Am I wrong? This show is wild. Jason 2 basically just opened Pandora's box.
TCTTS
AG
Jupiter Jason is the Jason we've been with since the first episode, the exact same Jason we saw get kidnapped by Jason2 in the pilot, the exact same Jason whose Amanda opted to stay in the utopian world, etc. Through the lens of the show, he's "our" Jason, and for all intents and purposes he's the pilot's/current world's "true" Jason. As I understand it, every other Jason he's now contending with is essentially a facsimile of him (save for Jason2). Yes, they're all technically from the same world (again, save for Jason2), but they're also all just a smidge behind "our" Jason, seeing as they all technically spun off from him.

Does that make sense?

Does anyone dispute any of that?

(Genuinely asking, as I believe I'm on the right track, but could admittedly be missing something.)
Mr President Elect
AG
Why do you say that? I think we are at least supposed to think Jupiter Jason is our Jason.
Mr President Elect
AG
Through the lens of the show, that is where we are at as a viewer, to my understanding. Although, with them willing to bring in infinite Jason's, then I have to think this not being his true world has to be on the table too.
maxag42
Ok, makes sense. Thanks for the explanation. I noticed that when Amanda went to the Chicago Paradise reality, it seemed to be the same one Jason 2 sent Ryan 1 to. Makes me think the show will tie that to the season finale. Can't wait for the finale.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.