***Dark Matter***

9,940 Views | 85 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by GreasenUSA
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fantastic finale. Not quite as good as last week's episode, but a fitting, satisfying end. That said, I don't know how a potential second season could come anywhere close to this season. Seeing as, IMO, there's simply no plot as primal, singular, and as sympathetic as Jason wanting to get back home, trying to reclaim the life that was taken from him. That said, I would love to be proven wrong, and I hope they get the chance to try.
MrPlow2010
AG
I agree. The finale was great and wrapped things up nicely if it doesn't get a season 2. Maybe season 2 could focus on Ryan1 exploring and trying to get back. Maybe since Earth1 is overrun with Jasons some government agency takes over and recreates the drug needed. Either way I really enjoyed this season.
Mr President Elect
AG
Agreed. Usually, at the end of a season of a show I enjoy, I can't wait for the next season. I don't really have much interest in watching them do the 'Quantum Leap' thing, or seeing what transpires with all the Jason 2 colleagues. The Ryan story could be interesting, but it seems a bit redundant, and I am not all that invested in his character.
Pro Ag
AG
Future seasons could follow others, the flashes to other box travelers toward the end could become stories. It's not Jason, but this is an interesting concept that I could see myself watching other stories from.

I wasn't sure what we were to read into the Ryan intro to Amanda - was that Ryan a traveler too?
GreasenUSA
AG
Pro Ag said:

I wasn't sure what we were to read into the Ryan intro to Amanda - was that Ryan a traveler too?
That was our original Ryan. Jason2 ditched him in the Utopia world right before Jason and Amanda got there... and then Amanda chose to stay.

Could be an interesting storyline about how he knew to look for her.
Pro Ag
AG
Ah, I did not catch that he was ditched in the same world. I wondered if it was original Ryan that started hopping as well after orienting himself in the world Jason 2 dropped him in.
concac
AG
Pro Ag said:

Ah, I did not catch that he was ditched in the same world. I wondered if it was original Ryan that started hopping as well after orienting himself in the world Jason 2 dropped him in.
At the end, you see Ryan making the serum. Did he travel to Amanda's (and Jason 2) original world and that's how he found out about her? Or Blair's world where see was trapped in the Velocity building and she told Ryan about Amanda and Jason 1?

And why was Ryan looking for Amanda?
Stat Monitor Repairman
Show had potential but fizzled out.
GreasenUSA
AG
This show was nearly everything I want out of a hard sci-fi that doesn't involve space. They took some concepts that I always assumed would be tough to put on film and pulled it off.

Got better as it went along, too.
rynning
AG
Just finished. I think they did a great job taking a complex premise and logically taking it to a satisfying conclusion without cheating its audience.

They didn't show their new world, but are we to believe it's the one where Jason 1 was tempted to stay, where Max is still alive, or someplace else?

I agree there's no need for a second season.
Murder Hornet
AG
Breggy Popup said:

Did they inject politics or are you the one injecting it?

They said Obama tower. Don't be obtuse
double aught
AG
Finally finished this. Really enjoyed it. There were quite a few subplots that weren't found in the book; I thought they were handled well.
MrPlow2010
AG
Looks like it got picked up for a second season. This is one of those shows that doesn't really need a second season, but I'll still tune in to watch.

'Dark Matter' Renewed for Second Season at Apple TV+ (msn.com)
MookieBlaylock
AG
Just released third single Wreckage, which just happens to be #3 on the album

Very solid and catch song

Highly recommend
chick79
AG
I gave up on this show after about six episodes.
GreasenUSA
AG
MrPlow2010 said:

Looks like it got picked up for a second season. This is one of those shows that doesn't really need a second season, but I'll still tune in to watch.

'Dark Matter' Renewed for Second Season at Apple TV+ (msn.com)

Just saw this news. I can't imagine a season 2 being better than this, but I'm definitely tuning in.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.