Movie scenes you still treasure today

12,939 Views | 157 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Drawkcab
FIDO95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Realized the reality at the same time the character did. It blew me away. Similar feeling at the end of Usual Suspects but Sixth Sense ending still hit harder.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Still bugs me how Black Panther was the first one through the portal, and gets the big long close-up, when he has barely any connection to Steve Rogers. Should've been Falcon in first. He's the one that just spoke...
Considering what happened to Chadwick, in hindsight it becomes one of the most poignant moments in MCU history.

And quite frankly, Blac Panther could have decided to sit it out, because Wakanda just got slaughtered worse than any other locale on the entire planet by Thanos and his army. But because Steve and T'Challa are ultimately both men of honor, he comes right through the portal without hesitation. He is the Theoden of Engdame.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Ag87H2O said:

First take.

Then they had to shoot everyone's reactions and they told Jack he could just read thee script and not do the performance again, and he said **** that, and did it like 15 more times.
Ag87H2O
AG
The Marksman
AG

A very real, very fitting ending
Bazooka Joe
AG

I cheered out loud as a kid.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Bazooka Joe said:

I cheered out loud as a kid.
Zod should have known not to mess with Planet Houston!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
For me it was diner guy getting his comeuppance.

"Funny, I've never seen garbage eat garbage."
jwoodmd
Only us olds will remember but surprised it hasn't been mentioned:

Christopher Reeves finding the 1979 penny in his pocket in Somewhere in Time
Leggo My Elko
AG
Eight year old me vividly remembers seeing this in an IMAX. It was something else.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Leggo My Elko said:

Eight year old me vividly remembers seeing this in an IMAX. It was something else.
Ag87H2O
AG

I always liked this scene after the gunfight at the river. "Where is he? Down by the creek - walking on water."
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
Carlo4 said:

10 year old me saw this in the theater with my Aunt & Uncle in 1980. There was no internet then of course and no spoilers to speak of. As long as I live I will never forget the audible GASP from the audience when Vader delivers that line.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
CE Lounge Lizzard said:

Carlo4 said:

10 year old me saw this in the theater with my Aunt & Uncle in 1980. There was no internet then of course and no spoilers to speak of. As long as I live I will never forget the audible GASP from the audience when Vader delivers that line.
There actually was a spoiler available, but you had to buy it in the form of the movie novelization that I picked up from a B Dalton Bookstore a couple of weeks prior to the movie coming out. I read that book in probably a day, and recall going to school with it and suggesting something big was going to happen but being a total dick and not saying anything else about it.
The Porkchop Express
AG
The transition from carefully calculated duelling to frantic jaw dropping Jedi vs. Sith. My one regret is that when the energy fields first separate the, Qui-Gon doesn't say, "Uh, so what the hell guy, what's your problem?"

JABQ04
AG
Gigem314 said:

Another one here for the Brachiosaurus Scene from Jurassic Park. Absolutely magical for me as a 3rd grader seeing that for the first time. The music was perfect.

Another one from my childhood. Again, the music here was perfect.

The music in Gettysburg was amazing. My favorite to this day is during Pickets Charge at about 3:20.

ElCheAg
AG
Aggies76
AG
taxpreparer said:

The ending of Butch Cassidy and the Sindance Kid.

One of the best. Need to throw in the final scene of The Sting as well… the perfect surprise ending to an entertaining and smartly written film. And the Paul Newman poker scene….perfect.
pb488
AG
NColoradoAG
AgBQ-00
AG
Help me get just one more
maroon barchetta
Hacksaw Ridge?
AgBQ-00
AG
Yep
maroon barchetta
Good show. Been a long time since I've seen it.
SuhrThang
Deniro shooting the gooks in the head during Russian roulette scene - Apocalypse Now.

That scene never fails to deliver.
“A drunkard’s dream if I ever did see one”
DrEvazanPhD
I always laugh at these two:

Moral High Horse
Here's one no one cares to admit:

I must have cried for like 10 minutes.
maroon barchetta
If we are going the humorous route…

The theater roared during this part of the movie.

The Porkchop Express
AG
The most I've ever laughed in the theater is also in Dumb and Dumber during Harry and Mary's snowball fight. When she playfully gets him with one and you see Jeff Daniels' face just drop from having fun to "YOU ARE MY ENEMY" and he lights her up at point blank range. Then gives her the "yeah let's go" face. Fantastic.

It was legendary enough for me to make a gif solely of that moment for the thread.

p_bubel
I'll skip the obvious "Cadillac of the Sky" scene and post this:

StinkyPinky
AG
One of the most memorable belly laughs at the theater that I can remember is Frank and Beans scene in There's Something About Mary.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
p_bubel said:

I'll skip the obvious "Cadillac of the Sky" scene and post this:

One of Spielberg's best movies not featuring an archaeologist or a shark.

It had been probably 20 years since I watched that one when I showed it to my wife and daughter. I remembered this scene, knew it was coming, and it still got me after all those years.
HtownAg92
AG
StinkyPinky said:

One of the most memorable belly laughs at the theater that I can remember is Frank and Beans scene in There's Something About Mary.
"He was masturbating!"

maroon barchetta
HtownAg92 said:

StinkyPinky said:

"He was masturbating!"

WE'VE GOT A BLEEDER!!!
Grapesoda2525

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.