Movie scenes you still treasure today

12,936 Views | 157 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Drawkcab
dreyOO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DallasTeleAg said:

First one that came to mind for me was "To the King!" from the Two Towers.

This one also came to mind. Love both scenes (never read the books), but between the two charges this one still gets to me most. Seemed pretty damn bleak but then they go out swinging. And then their cavalry show up. Just awesome.
Carlo4
AG

Ghost of Andrew Eaton
The Porkchop Express said:

As one of the billions of kids who grew up thinking dinosaurs were the greatest thing ever and wishing just once I could see a real one, this scene is monumental.

I remember seeing that in a theater and being in awe. I don't know know that I've had any similar experience since.

The D-Day landing in Saving Private Ryan was memorable as well.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
Max Power
AG

Carlo4
AG
Ghost of Andrew Eaton said:

As one of the billions of kids who grew up thinking dinosaurs were the greatest thing ever and wishing just once I could see a real one, this scene is monumental.

I remember seeing that in a theater and being in awe. I don't know know that I've had any similar experience since.

The D-Day landing in Saving Private Ryan was memorable as well.
Was with my mom in the theater for SPR. A veteran of the landings was in the theater that day and got a standing ovation before the movie started. Halfway during the beach landing he went out crying. I seem to recall a brief pause for the lights to come on to help him out. Shows you how impactful and realistic Spielberg made it.

He came back in once the scene was finally over and the main story started. I don't think we had a dry eye in the house that day.
The Marksman
AG

After all the years of following Harry...
c-jags

we finished up basketball real early last night and my niece was in town visiting and we were trying to figure out a movie and we saw JP on Netflix and everybody agreed to it.

that scene just still gives me the absolute chills. the CGI doesn't hold up as well but it's still completely magical as was the rest of the movie

?fit=around%7C500:210&output-quality=90&crop=500:210;center,top

MosesHallDeadPot94
Another one...love watching the kids celebrate/having a sip of beer with their parents. Times were so much more fun back then...

Hogties
AG
Charlie Conway said:

One of the reasons this scene was so damn great is PJ used the source material like a screenplay. It's so good. I can't say how many times I've watched that scene. Triple digits easily.

Tolkien could paint a scene! Love hearing Tolkein read his passage over the movie scene.
Moral High Horse
A man at what HE feels is his lowest:

MASAXET
AG
Charlie Conway said:

Absolutely
EclipseAg
AG
Well, the serious side of me says this:

But there's never been another scene with an impact like this:

citizenkane06
AG

Same movie, but different scene. When the T. rex escapes, I had never seen such realistic depictions of dinosaurs, and the suspense was also so good that it still gets my pulse up even though I'm not a 10 year old in a theater anymore.

StinkyPinky
AG
MosesHallDeadPot94 said:

Another one...love watching the kids celebrate/having a sip of beer with their parents. Times were so much more fun back then...

greatness!
citizenkane06
AG
This gets my vote as the most awe inspiring scene of all time. This was before CGI, and the whole composition of music and visuals is perfect as well as leading into a story from the most famous cut in cinema history.

The Porkchop Express
AG
citizenkane06 said:

Same movie, but different scene. When the T. rex escapes, I had never seen such realistic depictions of dinosaurs, and the suspense was also so good that it still gets my pulse up even though I'm not a 10 year old in a theater anymore.

This is a close second. When it opens up and roars, I was 19 and remember being scared of it in the theater because it was so real.
Lake08
I always liked 300 Rise of an Empire final scene
"It begins with a whisper"
Grapesoda2525

Really hard for you to watch and not cry or be touched in someway.
Hogties
AG
One of my favorite scenes from one of my favorite movies. They don't make em like this anymore. No prisoners! No prisoners!

The Porkchop Express
AG
If you were in the sweet spot of loving the Transformers, I won't lie, this is a worthwhile moment that I've watched way too much as a grownup.

"Megatron must be stopped. No matter the cost."

powerbelly
AG
The Le Marseillaise scene from Casablanca. Still gives me goosebumps.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG

No matter how many times I see it, I still love it. The way the music builds up when George finally kisses Lorraine, then Marty finally getting to play rock music at the dance.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Surprised this has not made it to this thread

Pahdz
Great movie, I never saw it until I moved up here to Minnesota six years ago. Different world up here with hockey it's more intense than any sport anywhere else in the country.

This is my favorite scene from the movie

Gigem314
AG
Another one here for the Brachiosaurus Scene from Jurassic Park. Absolutely magical for me as a 3rd grader seeing that for the first time. The music was perfect.

Another one from my childhood. Again, the music here was perfect.

Lathspell
AG
Back to the Future is one of my top 10 of all time, and the scene that i "Still treasure today" is simply the opening scene with the Power of Love playing. It just makes me happy seeing it, everytime because it is the beginning of pure fun.

Seriously... watch this and tell me how hard it is not to immediately go watch Back to the Future:

Roll the Bones
AG
My favorite movie ever. Still remember the first time I watched this scene (1989?). and was floored by it.

PatAg
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

First one that came to mind for me was "To the King!" from the Two Towers. Everything from the emotional impact of the scene, the visuals of the scene, and one of the best pieces of the score from a Trilogy with arguably the best score in history...

I posted this in the LOTR thread, but I love Eomer and the Rohirrim so much. That moment when the King makes one last ditch effort to give the women and children time to escape, embracing death. Then Gandalf arrives with Eomer, soon to be 2nd Marshall of the Mark, arriving with the loyalists of Rohan who seemingly rode through night and day to come to the aid of their King who had basically outlawed them weeks before while under the machinations of Saruman.

I just feel like so many who watch this view Gandalf as the hero, which he is; but overlook how much of a badass Eomer is to have done what he did. One of those changes from the book to the movie that I wholeheartedly get behind. It's scenes like this that are the reason myself and others are such massive fantasy fans:

Same,
Varmintcong50
I love every single one of the scenes that have been posted so far. Top 3 are the Indianapolis, I knew it, and the ride of the Rohirrim.

But there is not a scene that encapsulates what it is to be a man better than this. Especially the last 10 seconds.

$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
The older I get the more I believe this to be the perfect ending and the perfect final shot in cinematic history.

Another one that I've loved for 35+ years but exactly why and what for has changed 3 or 4 times over the years is Call and Gus saying goodbye to each other.

TXAG 05
AG
One that hasn't been mentioned yet is the end of Toy Story when Buzz flies with Woody.
Tanya 93
Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passing.
citizenkane06
AG
I have these 2 from "Amadeus". F. Murray Abraham gives the greatest performance I've ever seen, the film is actually about a deep conflict, and it's so easy to relate to Salieri if you've ever tried to be good at something you love.

Cromagnum
AG
Cromagnum
AG
You could pick quite a few from Gladiator.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.