Movie scenes you still treasure today

12,894 Views | 157 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Drawkcab
MosesHallDeadPot94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mine is the final scene of Close Encounters of the Third Kind at Devils Tower, WY

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The ending of ET brings the feels every damn time, and I've seen it no less than 50 times.
TexAgBolter
AG
aTmAg
AG
The final scene of Band of Brothers where they are playing baseball.

I can't explain why.
taxpreparer
AG
The ending of Butch Cassidy and the Sindance Kid.
The Porkchop Express
AG
As one of the billions of kids who grew up thinking dinosaurs were the greatest thing ever and wishing just once I could see a real one, this scene is monumental.

Psychag
AG
Field of Dreams: Ray plays catch with his dad. Awesome!
Prosperdick
AG
The Porkchop Express
AG
Prosperdick said:

Thinking of showing this to my movie fan child this weekend when her mom is out of town. not sure how to explain Boggs though.
dreyOO
Final charge in Glory
Philo B 93
"Show me Paint the Fence!"
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Neri closing the door on Kay as she realizes what her husband's has become (ending to the Godfather)
ja86
AG
Black hawk down, the helicopter assault heading into Mogadishu with SRV rocking...
Another Doug
AG
I will answer some of mine with a line...

Comedy Scenes
"This is what happens Larry!"

"Sorry I'm late guys I was taking a crap"

Tense Scenes
"That's Cosmo, he's Chinese"

"Then I must be King Kong"

Monologue
"you were on the Indianapolis?"

Fight Scenes
"who are you?"

"I knew it"

Scenes set to music
(And then he kissed me)
(Perfect Day)

Ornithopter
AG
Charlie Conway
Charlie Conway
Bruce Almighty
AG
Indianapolis speech in Jaws
Charlie Conway
C@LAg
Kim Bassinger kitchen/food dance scene in 9 1/2 Weeks

very young me was both confused and aroused.

older me keeps trying to get the Missus to do it.
Lathspell
AG
First one that came to mind for me was "To the King!" from the Two Towers. Everything from the emotional impact of the scene, the visuals of the scene, and one of the best pieces of the score from a Trilogy with arguably the best score in history...

I posted this in the LOTR thread, but I love Eomer and the Rohirrim so much. That moment when the King makes one last ditch effort to give the women and children time to escape, embracing death. Then Gandalf arrives with Eomer, soon to be 2nd Marshall of the Mark, arriving with the loyalists of Rohan who seemingly rode through night and day to come to the aid of their King who had basically outlawed them weeks before while under the machinations of Saruman.

I just feel like so many who watch this view Gandalf as the hero, which he is; but overlook how much of a badass Eomer is to have done what he did. One of those changes from the book to the movie that I wholeheartedly get behind. It's scenes like this that are the reason myself and others are such massive fantasy fans:

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Charlie Conway said:

Never gets old.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Charlie Conway said:

The day they announced PJ was making the movies, I told my brother, all I care about is the Ride of the Rohirrim and Theoden's charge, and it couldn't have been any better.

I'll go to my grave dying on the hill (pun intended) that Bernard Hill was the true perfect casting of LOTR.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

Read recently that the story wasn't widely known until the movie came out. One of the soldiers' mother had no idea how his son died until she watched Jaws.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It's been a while since I read TTT, how was Eomer changed?
The Porkchop Express
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

It's been a while since I read TTT, how was Eomer changed?
Well, he doesn't flee for starters, he gets arrested by Grima, then freed when Gandalf heals Theoden.

He's at Helm's Deep when the fighting starts and Gimili saves his life at one point. I think he and Gimili are together for a lot of the Helm's Deep battle.

It's a different guy , named Erkenbrand, who shows up with Gandalf to win the day at Helm's Deep.

Edit; ANd the sweetest part, when he's king of Rohan and knows that death is near, both Merry and Pippin come to say with him for his final season.
Grapesoda2525

fav13andac1)c
AG
I just watched this movie for the first time in about 10 years and it's crazy how scenes take on different meanings as you get older. I bawled my eyes out.

Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
This quiet scene in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, a dad and son just talking

And this sequence that shows dad had been listening to his kid and finally calls him by his chosen name

And from the same movie, the transition from young Indy to old Indy

deadhead aggie
AG
The Collective
AG
I've only seen it a handful of times, but the intro to Up gets me. In fact, I have a tear in my eye just thinking about it.
jokershady
AG
Inside Out.

This scene…holy crap it gets me every time! Personally I feel Inside Out is not only a great film for kids but it's an IMPORTANT film for kids because it teaches how all emotions should be embraced and how all emotions are important when kept in check….

Good grief that whole final scene was perfect film making!

Charlie Conway
Head Ninja In Charge
AG

I'm an old man now but seeing this in a theater in 3rd grade was...unexplainable.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Bruce Almighty said:

Read recently that the story wasn't widely known until the movie came out. One of the soldiers' mother had no idea how his son died until she watched Jaws.

Wut.

I think you meant "sailor" and "her".

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.