A Muppet Christmas Carol

3,810 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by jeffk
powerbelly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They lost the original so they can't scale it to look good with the rest of the movie. The love is gone is only on the original vhs. It has nothing to do with shielding kids.
jeffk
AG
hunter2012 said:

Just don't watch the Disney+ version, they cut out, "when the love is gone" song. Which I would argue is a pivotal moment for Scrooge's past. It's asinine to think that you have to shield kids from a sad scene in a movie. Life is tragic and these kids will learn sooner or later when reality hits them like a brick. It's essentially removing the universal humanity from a story which is what people really connect to. /rant

lol
The Collective
AG
I love Texags.
The Collective
AG
Disney + canceled Scrooge's ex.
hunter2012
AG
powerbelly said:

They lost the original so they can't scale it to look good with the rest of the movie. The love is gone is only on the original vhs. It has nothing to do with shielding kids.
"lost"

So I had seen the theatrical version a couple years ago. Evidently they remedied this last year by adding the full version as an option.

https://www.polygon.com/23518742/muppet-christmas-carol-streaming-deleted-song-when-love-is-gone

So maybe I just woke up today and wanted to b*tch about something and miss my childhood.
TXAG 05
AG
We always fast forwarded though that part when we watched on the VCR. But it should be in the movie since it makes a lot more sense when they bring the song back at the end of the movie.
The Collective
AG
They should cut her completely. Business was down, and that ***** wanted to have a wedding?
jkag89
setsmachine
AG
Roy Kent performs Muppet Christmas Carol

AgBQ-00
AG
Watched it tonight while finishing up some wrapping. It is a great movie
jeffk
AG
This came across my feed this morning. Really good read and it touches on the missing musical number.

https://www.vulture.com/2017/12/the-story-behind-the-music-of-the-muppet-christmas-carol.html
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.