Zach Snyder's Rebel Moon

8,723 Views | 66 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by fig96
Apache
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Could be the fix we need now that Dune was pushed back??

Synopsis:
Quote:

In a universe controlled by the corrupt government of the Mother World, the moon of Veldt is threatened by the forces of the Imperium, the army of the Mother World controlled by Regent Balisarius. Kora, a former member of the Imperium who seeks redemption for her past in the leadership of the oppressive government, tasks herself to recruit warriors from across the galaxy to make a stand against the Mother World's forces before they return to the planet.
Interestingly, this was Snyder's idea for the Star Wars reboot over a decades ago. (Instead they chose to do another version of "A New Hope") This is much more interesting IMO.... sort of a "Seven Samurai/Magnificent Seven/Battle Beyond the Stars" reboot.
Some pretty amazing imagery:

For some reason I can't get YouTube to link directly... maybe y'all can help.
Part one premiers on Netflix December 22, 2023.

TCTTS
AG
Rebel Moon Part 1: A Child of Fire
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14998742/
December 22, 2023
Netflix Exclusive

TCTTS
AG
(YouTube recently changed their url formatting. Just delete the question mark and everything after it.)
Apache
AG
Quote:

(YouTube recently changed their url formatting. Just delete the question mark and everything after it.)
Thanks! That was driving me crazy.
bearamedic99
AG
Is that Attenborough doing the voice-over?
ThreatLevel: Midnight
AG
Sounds like Anthony Hopkins to me.
Thanks & Gig 'Em
PWR85
AG
My son worked on the music for Rebel Moon. They are working on part 2 now.
Al Bula
AG
It certainly looks ambitious but also generic and tropey. Used future, angsty heroine, lightsaber weapons, word salad narration (but AH sounds good doing it).

The preview does not pique my interest enough to care about all the money shot imagery.

Seeing Corey Stoll and Jax Teller are a bit interesting and Djimon Hounsou too I guess. I didn't see Cary Elwes on the first trailer viewing so I might rewatch later. Jenna Malone as a CGI Scorpion King figure is disappointing. She is a great actress and a shame she gets that treatment.
Dimebag Darrell
Sigourney Weaver just doesn't age.

?q=50&fit=crop&w=1500&dpr=1.5
agdoc2001
AG
17% on RT

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
SteveA
AG
So, your basic snyder film...ha
Madmarttigan
AG
Probably means I will like it
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Dimebag Darrell said:

Sigourney Weaver just doesn't age.

?q=50&fit=crop&w=1500&dpr=1.5
First impression I had was the Borg Queen from Star Trek First Contact.
#FJB
PWR85
AG
Just hoping the music is good and well received
Madmarttigan
AG
Is there an album out on Spotify or YouTube or anything I will give it a listen.

I'm a sucker for any epic movie/trailer music
amercer
AG
BBC called it bad Star Wars fan fiction.

But give it a 200 million dollar special effects budget and it's probably a good way to kill 3 hours
AgfromHOU
AG
Wasn't it originally a pitch for a Star Wars movie?
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
AgfromHOU said:

Wasn't it originally a pitch for a Star Wars movie?
Yes
#FJB
Aggie_Journalist
AG
That was the first red flag. Star Wars has put out some pretty disappointing stuff the past few years and if this wasn't as good as that, well, that's pretty bad.
Thanks and gig'em
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Aggie_Journalist said:

That was the first red flag. Star Wars has put out some pretty disappointing stuff the past few years and if this wasn't as good as that, well, that's pretty bad.
I think I read that Synder's deal for a Star Wars movie fell through when Lucasfilm sold the property to Disney.
#FJB
YouBet
AG
I'll watch this just because.
TCTTS
AG
Netflix is stupidly trying to manufacture the whole Snydercut thing by releasing a neutered, standard-runtime version of the movie now, followed by the proper version with an hour of additional footage at some point before Part Two drops in April. And or some reason they're telling everyone ahead of time that this is the strategy. When, by all accounts, they should have just released the longer edit now. This current version sounds so bad, in fact, that I have a non-refundable ticket to see it in a super nice theater tonight, and I've decided not to go. At this point I'd rather just wait for the proper edit, if I ever even bother to see it at all.
YouBet
AG
TCTTS said:

Netflix is stupidly trying to manufacture the whole Snydercut thing by releasing a neutered version of the movie now, then the proper version with an hour of additional footage at some point before Part Two drops in April. Also, for some reason, they're telling everyone ahead of time that this is the strategy. When, by all accounts, they should have just released the longer edit now. This version sounds so bad, in fact, that I have a non-refundable ticket to see it in a super nice theater tonight, and I've decided not to go. At this point I'd rather just wait for the proper edit, if I ever even bother to see it at all.

Ridiculous. Are they actually trying to make "The Snyder Cut" a marketable strategy with all of his movies now?
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Hilarious.

One of the positive reviews on Rotten Tomatoes reads:

" Rebel Moon Part One is a solid sci-fi fantasy with Zack Snyder's artistic flair. It's familiar with its homages, while fresh in its visual language. While a strong start to this universe, an untethered director's cut might just be the true prize."

I wonder if Netflix paid for that one.
Thanks and gig'em
BJM1781
AG
Can confirm, is terrible.

It's just an awful mishmash of far superior sci-fi films.

But it's got both Darrios in it!
The Porkchop Express
Apache said:

Synopsis:
Quote:

In a universe controlled by the corrupt government of the Mother World, the moon of Veldt is threatened by the forces of the Imperium, the army of the Mother World controlled by Regent Balisarius. Kora, a former member of the Imperium who seeks redemption for her past in the leadership of the oppressive government, tasks herself to recruit warriors from across the galaxy to make a stand against the Mother World's forces before they return to the planet.

I think I wrote this plot when I was 10.
Apache
AG
Yep it's definitely been done before!
Saw this earlier today with no expectations. I loved it. Based on the reviews, I'm the minority. Can't wait for part 2!
emando2000
AG
This wasn't horrible but wasn't very good either….kind of cheesy. There are about 100 slow mo over the top dramatic scenes.

I didn't mind it though. I wasn't doing anything tonight.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
CGI fest, not terrible. Doesn't ever feel like there are real stakes.

I can't imagine another hour, I'm assuming it would be at least 35 mor minutes of slomo

It feels like the bubble room CGI is taking away from movies with overuse the way regular CGI did in the 2000's.
double aught
AG
What's bubble room cgi?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
double aught said:

What's bubble room cgi?

Sorry, Disney calls it the Volume. What they have started using in every Disney show and every Netflix movie now when they are doing CGI.

https://techcrunch.com/2020/02/20/how-the-mandalorian-and-ilm-invisibly-reinvented-film-and-tv-production/amp/
Silvertaps
AG
YouBet said:

TCTTS said:

Netflix is stupidly trying to manufacture the whole Snydercut thing by releasing a neutered version of the movie now, then the proper version with an hour of additional footage at some point before Part Two drops in April. Also, for some reason, they're telling everyone ahead of time that this is the strategy. When, by all accounts, they should have just released the longer edit now. This version sounds so bad, in fact, that I have a non-refundable ticket to see it in a super nice theater tonight, and I've decided not to go. At this point I'd rather just wait for the proper edit, if I ever even bother to see it at all.

Ridiculous. Are they actually trying to make "The Snyder Cut" a marketable strategy with all of his movies now?

I had read a few days ago Snyder's story was the R rated version, yet Netflix pushed back with requiring it to be PG-13. Snyder has stated it's practically 2 different movies (didn't even sound like he was a big fan of the Netflix version). Curious to see the comparisons between the 2 versions.
The Porkchop Express
Is Zach Snyder aware that it's possible to just not do the movie if you don't like the restrictions put upon you?
double aught
AG
Definitely Not A Cop said:

double aught said:

What's bubble room cgi?

Sorry, Disney calls it the Volume. What they have started using in every Disney show and every Netflix movie now when they are doing CGI.

https://techcrunch.com/2020/02/20/how-the-mandalorian-and-ilm-invisibly-reinvented-film-and-tv-production/amp/
I gotcha. I agree that it's overdone.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.