Anyone seen Sound of Freedom?

125,251 Views | 1511 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by General Jack D. Ripper
tomtomdrumdrum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And instead of admitting his mistake he doubles down on trying to make you look bad. Pretty childish! Probably best to ignore him, like other posters are suggesting.
amercer
AG
1) can't believe this thread is still going

2) happy it turned into a classic R&P reunion party
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
aTmAg said:

Rocag said:

Lots of states including Texas have what are sometimes called "Romeo and Juliet Laws" which allow relationships between minors and young adults depending on the age difference. I doubt anyone objects to a 17 year old dating an 18 year old, but at some point we get to an age difference where it is objectionable. What's that difference? I don't know. I'm glad I'm not a politician that has to decide it either.

And on the flip side of this we have Republican elected officials defending child marriages for some reason. Which is worse?
Nice... Justifying pedos. Thanks for proving my point.

How anybody can still take this guy seriously is beyond me.
aTmAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

aTmAg said:

Rocag said:

Lots of states including Texas have what are sometimes called "Romeo and Juliet Laws" which allow relationships between minors and young adults depending on the age difference. I doubt anyone objects to a 17 year old dating an 18 year old, but at some point we get to an age difference where it is objectionable. What's that difference? I don't know. I'm glad I'm not a politician that has to decide it either.

And on the flip side of this we have Republican elected officials defending child marriages for some reason. Which is worse?

Because I (and other F16ers) raise the average IQ of this board by 50 points. You guys get to learn something.
Sapper Redux
aTmAg said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

aTmAg said:

Rocag said:

Because I (and other F16ers) raise the average IQ of this board by 50 points. You guys get to learn something.

Tanya 93
In the early 2000's, I taught a senior girl who got married at 17 to her 29 year old bf.

Since it was small town Texas, all grades rode the same bus and school started at all 3 schools at the same time.

She rode with her two step kids: boy I think was ten and a girl in kindergarten

He also grounded her from smoking when she was failing my class.

That is grooming and very few blinked at it happening.
Captain Pablo
AG
Tanya 93 said:

In the early 2000's, I taught a senior girl who got married at 17 to her 29 year old bf.

Since it was small town Texas, all grades rode the same bus and school started at all 3 schools at the same time.

Well, that's pretty nasty but the age of consent is 17. Dude may be a loser but it isn't illegal
Tanya 93
Captain Pablo said:

Tanya 93 said:

Well, that's pretty nasty but the age of consent is 17. Dude may be a loser but it isn't illegal

Married.

Not dated.
Not screwed.

They started their relationship right before she turned 16.
Captain Pablo
AG
Tanya 93 said:

Captain Pablo said:

Tanya 93 said:

Married.

Not dated.
Not screwed.

Yikes. Well if they had sex when he was 27 and she was 15 (and not married) that's a problem, legally speaking
Sapper Redux
Similar thing apparently went on with a Sound of Freedom producer
https://thesportsgrail.com/sound-of-freedom-producer-leo-severino-grooming-allegations-explained-as-drama-controversy-goes-viral/
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Another Doug said:

Just let them have their victory. You fought the fight to hide your true intentions comrade, but in the end they figured you out. To cheer you up I just ordered you a cheese pizza with all the toppings, he will be at the normal place at the hour when mars is in retrograde with Beelzebub's navel.

Btw, they were sold out of adrenochrome poppers.

Doug, since you're such a big fan of using the pizza parlor deal to make fun of others, I thought you might enjoy an update on the journalist who debunked the whole story.

https://www.thepublica.com/emmy-award-winning-journalist-pleads-guilty-to-transportation-and-possession-of-child-sexual-abuse-material/
Another Doug
AG

Yeah hallmark sign of someone who just reads the headlines. Show me where he was the one "debunked" pizza gate. He wasn't because pizzagate didn't need debunking any more jfk is returning from the grave needed debunking. Dude was a crackpot with right wing ties, a few months back Tucker Carlson was white knighting for the dude saying Biden having Meek investigated in the first place was a huge story and proof Biden was a dictator.
Albatross Necklace
Exhaustive video fact checking both The Sound of Freedom and the media's response to it

StandUpforAmerica
Sound of Freedom up to $149 million total sales. That's 10x what it cost to make. Is that good?
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Another Doug said:

Yeah hallmark sign of someone who just reads the headlines. Show me where he was the one "debunked" pizza gate. He wasn't because pizzagate didn't need debunking any more jfk is returning from the grave needed debunking. Dude was a crackpot with right wing ties, a few months back Tucker Carlson was white knighting for the dude saying Biden having Meek investigated in the first place was a huge story and proof Biden was a dictator.

You are correct. I read this headline but couldn't stomach much of the actual article. It's horrific.

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/politics/ex-abc-news-reporter-who-debunked-pizzagate--pleads-guilty-to-/109117835/

Where does "right wing ties" come from?
Carlo4
AG
Judging from the above posts it looks like we are talking about the first Mark Wahlberg Transformers movie?

Why Michael Bay needed a Romeo and Juliet law subplot to that movie is one of the most bizarre things I've seen in modern cinema.
dreyOO
Not good enough for Disney. They only bet big
tomtomdrumdrum
AG
StandUpforAmerica said:

Sound of Freedom up to $149 million total sales. That's 10x what it cost to make. Is that good?

I'm curious how much of that was actually butts in seats and not unused pay it forward tickets. Wonder if we'll see that marketing strategy more going forward!
Tobias Funke
AG
Finally saw this. Very well done movie, compelling story, and super heavy. Bill Camp as Vampiro made the movie, in my opinion.

My theater was sold out. I'm so curious how long of a run this thing will have if we are still getting word of mouth mania.

Also 99% of this thread is dumb as hell
captkirk
AG

Quote:

The faith-based political thriller Sound of Freedom is headed for cinemas overseas.

Angel Studios on Wednesday announced release dates for 21 markets, including the U.K., Australia, Spain, South Africa and a host of countries in Latin America. It begins its foreign run next month. At the U.S. box office, the movie crossed the $100 million mark July 19, a little over two weeks after its release July 4. And it finished Tuesday of this week with a cume north of $130 million.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Tanya 93 said:

Captain Pablo said:

Tanya 93 said:

Married.

Not dated.
Not screwed.

Did you report him?
Another Doug
AG
Ghost of Bisbee said:

Tanya 93 said:

Captain Pablo said:

Tanya 93 said:

Married.

Not dated.
Not screwed.

Did you report him?
Its legal to marry at 16 in Texas (with parental consent)
Eso si, Que es
tomtomdrumdrum said:

StandUpforAmerica said:

I'm curious how much of that was actually butts in seats and not unused pay it forward tickets. Wonder if we'll see that marketing strategy more going forward!
I'm curious what the actual total would be if theaters were giving it the seats demanded. I understand that my community is not representative of all communities, but it continues very strong at my local theaters. Star Cinema Grill has reduced it to 1 showing per day in its smallest theater for the previous week and it continues to sell out.

It's run ends tomorrow at that theater and that is sad because I am confident it could continue selling 200+ seats per day if it was offered. But alas, those 200 daily seats are going to Indiana Jones 5 that has been empty for weeks.

The Cinemark theater is still selling out 5 shows per day, and it was selling out 12 shows per day when they reduced it to 5.
jeffk
AG
Do you think the theaters are choosing to have less showings than would meet local demand for some reason?
Squadron7
AG
jeffk said:

Do you think the theaters are choosing to have less showings than would meet local demand for some reason?

I don't think theaters are in a position right now to turn down income.
jeffk
AG
I agree.
Macarthur
I think someone posted a few pages back that the theaters, distributors, productions companies, etc. all have agreements on this type of thing. I think he was saying that individual theaters don't just have the freedom to say, I'm going to show this on 4 screens instead of 1.

And frankly, the distributor of this film has made a concerted effort to market this differently than most films.
Eso si, Que es
Macarthur said:

I think someone posted a few pages back that the theaters, distributors, productions companies, etc. all have agreements on this type of thing. I think he was saying that individual theaters don't just have the freedom to say, I'm going to show this on 4 screens instead of 1.

And frankly, the distributor of this film has made a concerted effort to market this differently than most films.
I posted examples of this theater adding showings on a 2nd screen during the 2nd week of showings. The normal schedule for this theater accommodates 4 showings per auditorium per day. They have shown Sound of Freedom up to 7 times per day and all 7 showings were 95% booked. Then on Sunday starting week 3 it dropped from 7 to 3 showings. It remained booked for a week and it was dropped to 2 showings, which remained booked. It dropped to 1 showing per day, fully booked and then dropped to 0 showings per day.

In total it had approximately 90 showings at this theater and the only showing that wasn't very full was when the added a showing on a Tuesday at 11AM but it wasn't listed as a showing until 10AM.

Across the street at a Cinemark they maxed out at 16 or 17 showings per day, +/-90% booked, even at 8:30AM.

Again, my community is an anomaly I am sure, but the demand remains consistently stronger than supply.
Jsimonds58
AG
Another Doug
AG

Quote:

financier
He was a member of the crowd who help crowd fund part of it, not a financier.
Jsimonds58
AG
My understanding is he donated something to the tune of 5 mil, not exactly a small donation
Another Doug
AG
Jsimonds58 said:

My understanding is he donated something to the tune of 5 mil, not exactly a small donation
*Edit because it was rude.

He was one of 7000 people that raised 5,000,000
Squadron7
AG
Jsimonds58 said:

Sadly, we will never know if he is also on the Epstein client list.
Another Doug
AG
Jsimonds58 said:

I hate news like this so much. Terrible example of gotcha 'journalism". In five minutes of googling....

Dude is a nobody that lives in a dump in st. louis
Dude has taken to gofundme to beg for money for his kids college
Dude is 1 person out of 7,0000 that raised 5,000,000, for all we know he contributed $10

Maybe the dude is a evil POS, maybe he is a family dispute over custody, regardless he is a nobody.

Meanwhile, we know most movies in hollywood has some terrible piece of **** involved in the high level production in some way, but no one cares.

superunknown
AG
Yeah I'd say he's a POS.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.