Anyone seen Sound of Freedom?

125,839 Views | 1511 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by General Jack D. Ripper
Aggie95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
agsquirrel97 said:

TCTTS said:

cjg89 said:

TCTTS said:

This is the final thing I'm going to say on the subject, before heading out to grill and celebrate with my heathen Hollywood friends...

People here keep talking about "the truth," while actively participating in a bad faith effort to accuse a number of us of not wanting to get to the bottom of that truth. Because we either have something to "hide," or "protect," or because we're making excuses for Hollywood, or whatever other bullsh*t talking point nonsense. Even though we've repeated over and over and over again that child trafficking = bad.

The thing is, QAnon doesn't care about the truth. Instead, what QAnon does is choose a number of targets on the left, and then reverse engineers fabricated stories to paint those targets in the most hideous light possible, truth and consequences be damned.

Are there some kernels of truth to their stories? No doubt - just enough to make the most gullible believe the overall lie.

You guys say things like, "Politics plays no part in human trafficking. Only the perpetrators regardless of political affiliation should be exposed." And guess what? I agree 100%. However, it's QAnon who *injects* politics into human trafficking, maintaining that the perpetrators of only *one* political affiliation be exposed.

As for the movie itself, in a vacuum, it sounds innocuous enough. I'm genuinely glad to hear that there don't seem to be any QAnon/conspiracy elements embedded into the story, that it's not blaming only one side politically, etc. That's great!

What I have a huge problem with is the real life subject of the movie itself, Tim Ballard, and the actor who plays him, Jim Caviezel, using the movie, in their promotion of it, to prop up wild, batsh*t insane QAnon conspiracy theories. Because, again, those conspiracy theories aren't after "the truth." Rather, they're engineered *specifically* to demonize and target a *specific* group of people, politically speaking, whether those people have anything to do with child trafficking or not. To be clear, this does not mean I endorse the left, or believe that they're completely innocent in the matter. I'm simply calling attention to the fact that if Ballard and Caviezel were genuinely after "the truth," they wouldn't be so deep down the QAnon rabbit hole.

Seriously, how does it not irk some of you that Ballard and Caviezel use this subject - and thus the victims - to peddle their own political nonsense? To demonize people who have absolutely nothing to do with child trafficking? To enrage the right to hate the left to such a ridiculous, delusional degree? Again, this is the kind of sh*t that leads to nut jobs showing up at pizza parlors with guns, yet some of you could not care less about that aspect. It's all about "the children." Well, if you truly cared about the children, you'd also care that they were being used to peddle nonsense by the very people telling this story. Which should make any sane person suspicious of their motives, and thus of the movie they made. Never mind the fact that it's also pretty clear that Ballard has fabricated elements of his story, which makes me question the events of the movie even more, as innocuous (and emotionally effective) as it apparently is.

In short, the point I'm trying to make (or, rather, repeat for the dozenth time) is that it's possible to despise child trafficking, yet also find the filmmakers' intentions dubious. The two thoughts aren't mutually exclusive, and those of you who continue to suggest that believing the latter means endorsing child trafficking, frankly, need to get a life.

That has zero to do with the moving. The movie is a depiction of one story of two trafficked kids. No politics and no pointing fingers, just shedding light on a problem America wants to ignore.

What YOU read into says more about you than what the movie says.

In my opinion it should be front page news 24/7. Modern day slavery is alive and well. NOTHING is being done. Why?

Because you guys let lunatics like Tim Ballard, Jim Caviezel, Mel Gibson, Steve Bannon, and Michael Flynn be the face of this thing.

This is what we're trying to tell you.

These people pollute this subject with their bullsh*t, to the point of alienation. I said it before and I'll say it again, but they're perceived, by most, as the boys who cried wolf. No one on the left, and a decent portion of the right, wants anything to do with them and whatever it is they're championing. Because we all just assume it's nonsense, like nearly everything else that comes out of their mouths.

You want people to take this crises more seriously? Quit thinking it's okay to let these people be the face of the crisis. Y'all keep saying that it doesn't matter who's shining the light on it, as long as a light is being shined. When our entire argument has been that it DOES matter. That part is everything.

You simply can't have QAnon nuts, raging antisemites, criminals, and disgraced Trump cabinet members be the loudest voices in the room, and you especially can't have them using this crises to peddle their politics in the process. Because, again, when they do, most sane people just tune them out.

I truly do not understand how you guys don't get this.

Good day to you sir

This. I don't see how the people *****ing about the actors and studio injecting politics, either intentionally or not, subtly or not can even do so with a straight face.

The entire Academy award show is a right bashing, leftist propaganda show. The actors and actresses in 95% of their movies inject their political views.
Sapper Redux
Who is *****ing from the left here? You want your politics reflected in Hollywood? Fine. Just as you're free to complain about what you see in the film industry, the rest of us are also able to complain and point out things we think are problematic.
Aggie95
AG
Sapper Redux said:

Who is *****ing from the left here? You want your politics reflected in Hollywood? Fine. Just as you're free to complain about what you see in the film industry, the rest of us are also able to complain and point out things we think are problematic.

Well, you did here...
Quote:

No. But using it to advocate beyond trafficking to get points for a political agenda on immigrants and immigration is
TequilaMockingbird
Hincemm
AG
should i go watch this? need a rehash....
Robert L. Peters
The actual actor and true figure are on Jordan P now. I haven't gone very far into it but Ballard has absolutely owned every single fake news bs that was posted." In this thread and the links.

I really wasn't sure about the legitimacy of Ballard. I read he Vice articles . After watching it, my spouse and I had a discussion where I offered that this movie is being hushed because of a Qanon tie, right or wrong.

Luckily, I get to hear from the real people rather than dudes freaking out about exposing child trafficking.
What you say, Paper Champion? I'm gonna beat you like a dog, a dog, you hear me!
Dimebag Darrell
Did a Hollywood bubble dweller just call Tim Ballard a "lunatic"? Lol, the lack of self awareness among the Hollywood crowd (and yes, it is pretty freaking monolithic, and in a fervently left sort of way) throwing that word around is rich.

How is Tim Ballard any more of a lunatic than the average preachy Hollywood elitist?

Has TCTTS ever called Meryl Streep a lunatic? Alyssa Milano? Cher? Leo DiCaprio? DeNiro? Alec Baldwin?Prob not. He'd probably be Uber stoked to see them in a vegan fro-yo spot in Hollywood and then run straight to Texags to tell us about it. But an ex spec-ops guy who has actually devoted his life to rescuing child slaves? Lunatic. Lol
Dimebag Darrell
Jimmy Kimmel wishing death on the unvaxxed to raucous applause. Complete f'n lunatic, right TCTTS? Arnold Schwarzenegger saying "skwew ya fweedum"…also an unhinged hateful lunatic right?
Robert L. Peters
Brittmoore Car Club said:

Did a Hollywood bubble dweller just call Tim Ballard a "lunatic"? Lol, the lack of self awareness among the Hollywood crowd (and yes, it is pretty freaking monolithic, and in a fervently left sort of way) throwing that word around is rich.

How is Tim Ballard any more of a lunatic than the average preachy Hollywood elitist?

Has TCTTS ever called Meryl Streep a lunatic? Alyssa Milano? Cher? Leo DiCaprio? DeNiro? Alec Baldwin?Prob not. He'd probably be Uber stoked to see them in a vegan fro-yo spot in Hollywood and then run straight to Texags to tell us about it. But an ex spec-ops guy who has actually devoted his life to rescuing child slaves? Lunatic. Lol

Gonna get a lot of stars in this one.
What you say, Paper Champion? I'm gonna beat you like a dog, a dog, you hear me!
Robert L. Peters
Kathy Griffin holding a severed Trump head. Roman Polanski raping a 13 year old.
Dimebag Darrell
The Green Dragon said:

Kathy Griffin holding a severed Trump head. Roman Polanski raping a 13 year old.

Exactly. Could go on and on and on. If TCTTS is willing to call every person we have named an absolute lunatic, I can at least respect that. But I still don't think Tim Ballard or Jim Caveizel are anywhere close to the same ballpark.

Judd Apatow too. Hates people like my mom and grandmother who voted for the guy who wasn't a dementia riddled child sniffing/groping racist idiot with a crackhead perv son.

If TCTTS can go on record calling Judd, DeNiro, Baldwin, Jimmy Kimmel, and Jennifer Lawrence lunatics, I'll have some respect. Kathy Griffin is c-list low hanging fruit.
TCTTS
AG
cjg89 said:

TCTTS said:

Raiderjay said:

So, there are no left wing loons that have ever made movies to push their agenda????

Seems that is a key component of many films, regardless of which side of the political spectrum they are on......

Of course there are. You guys b*tch about them nonstop on this board. The only difference is, when you do, you don't get called "evil" over and over again, you aren't told to "repent" multiple times, and worst of all, you aren't accused of literally trafficking children, all of which are things that have happened to me in this thread.

. Drama Queen

None of that happened. Only you attacking the messengers (actors and filmmaker ) and not saying **** about the message (Film), which 100% non controversial unless you are a pedophile or human trafficker.

Our Children are not for sale. Rather simple message told very well in a good, but depressing film. Hollywood has told a fictional version many many times. Taken, Man on Fire, Big Jake, Tears of the Sun, and probably 100s of others. Difference, true story and this movie feels too real. Also, no gratuitous violence to make us all feel good at the end. I just felt sad for America. The more things change, the more humanity stays the same.

Why on earth would I lie about that? Ask staff. They've literally deleted multiple posts from at least a couple of posters saying those exact things in this thread. Not that I really care, it's just that I've received the ban hammer in the past for far less, so it's interesting to see where the line is, and what gets deleted vs who gets banned.

Either way, talk about drama queens. The over-the-top vitriol being spewed in this thread is out of control, and just as deranged as I'm accusing of being. So much pent up anger some of you either need to address personally or should be directing elsewhere.

I'm fine being your target, though. Your opinion of me could not affect my life less. If anything, I guess it's been somewhat cathartic giving you a taste of your own medicine. Considering I've had to listen to F16ers b*tch endlessly for years on this board, about every "woke" movie/actor under the sun, so I'm finding it hilarious how bent out of shape some of you are getting when the tables are turned. I complain about the thread derails, sure, but at least I've never legitimately told someone to "repent" (which makes me laugh every time I think about it), while accusing them of *actually* being involved in child trafficking.
TCTTS
AG

The Green Dragon said:

Exactly. Could go on and on and on. If TCTTS is willing to call every person we have named an absolute lunatic, I can at least respect that. But I still don't think Tim Ballard or Jim Caveizel are anywhere close to the same ballpark.

Judd Apatow too. Hates people like my mom and grandmother who voted for the guy who wasn't a dementia riddled child sniffing/groping racist idiot with a crackhead perv son.

If TCTTS can go on record calling Judd, DeNiro, Baldwin, Jimmy Kimmel, and Jennifer Lawrence lunatics, I'll have some respect. Kathy Griffin is c-list low hanging fruit.

I've absolutely gone on record here as calling out Baldwin, in all that Rust mess. That dude has shown his true colors for sure, and I've lost all respect for him.

DeNiro's a great actor but an old crank.

Lawrence seems like a fun hang, but not the brightest bulb.

Apatow has my respect for defining an entire era of comedy I loved, but he's definitely gotten lost in the bubble since 2016, and his comedy has suffered for it since.

As for Kimmel, though, I actually like him. Sorry.

Let's see who else... off the top of my head I can't stand Jared Leto, James Cordon, Ashton Kutcher, Sean Penn, Katherine Heigl, Ellen Degeneres...

Is that enough names to earn "some" of your respect?

The thing is, like I've said multiple times now, I actually call out Hollywood all the time on this board. Working in this industry, there are so many people and practices I cannot stand, and I vent about them often. Granted, the worst of it I can't complain about publicly, but still, you guys conveniently ignore my venting, and only focus on the times I defend this town, which is only ever to cut though the dumbest, most cliched nonsense, and never a blind defense of legit bad people.
TCTTS
AG
The Green Dragon said:

Imagine caring about stars on an internet message board. Is this really how you guys think?
PatAg
AG
It's always interesting how some topics end up filled with people that never post in Entertainment.
Tibbers
TCTTS said:

The Green Dragon said:

Imagine caring about stars on an internet message board. Is this really how you guys think?

You seem to have exposed yourself. You seem to be a biased little hypocrite. You think a guy who saves children from human trafficking is a lunatic. Protect your assets somewhere else. Go away. Find another job.
Tibbers
TCTTS said:

The Green Dragon said:

I've absolutely gone on record here as calling out Baldwin, in all that Rust mess. That dude has shown his true colors for sure, and I've lost all respect for him.

Apatow has my respect for defining an entire era of comedy I loved, but he's definitely gotten lost in the bubble since 2016, and his comedy has suffered for it since.

Let's see who else... off the top of my head I can't stand Jared Leto, James Cordon, Ashton Kutcher, Sean Penn, Katherine Heigl, Ellen Degeneres...

The thing is, like I've said multiple times now, I actually call out Hollywood all the time on this board. Working in this industry, there are so many people and practices I cannot stand, and I vent about them often. Granted, the worst of it I can't complain about publicly, but still, you guys conveniently ignore my venting, and only focus on the times I defend this town, which is only ever to cut though the dumbest, most cliched nonsense, and never a blind defense of legit bad people.

Let us know when your movie comes out. We are waiting to see it.
TCTTS
AG
PatAg said:

It's always interesting how some topics end up filled with people that never post in Entertainment.

A handful of people here looooove firing up that flare so that their buddies can come pile on. I've lost count of the number of threads over the years posted elsewhere either calling out me specifically, or the board as a whole, so that the Neanderthal pastime of "owning" can commence.
Tibbers
TCTTS said:

PatAg said:

A handful of people here looooove firing up a flare so that their buddies can come add to the pile on. I've lost count of the number of threads over the years posted elsewhere either calling out me specifically, or the board as a whole, so that the Neanderthal pastime of "owning" can commence.

This really is your job isn't it? Trying to save face or lose your pull? Face it, you called a guy who saves children a lunatic. You've got major problems.
TCTTS
AG
Tibbers said:

TCTTS said:

The Green Dragon said:

Tell me you have no idea how the entertainment industry works without telling me you have no idea how the entertainment industry works.

Not only do I make great money aiding others in their film and television endeavors, I have a number of projects of my own set up with multiple major studios. It takes YEARS to get things made, especially during a global pandemic followed by a WGA strike. But all things considered, I could not be doing much better, if I do say so myself.

Also, I've literally worked with two of the people I named, which is why I know, from experience, that they suck.

Seriously, dude, the personal attacks are getting ridiculous (not to mention desperate). It's really, really weird how much you need me to be a villain.
Tibbers
TCTTS said:

Tibbers said:

TCTTS said:

The Green Dragon said:

Tell me you have no idea how the entertainment industry works without telling me you have no idea how the entertainment industry works.

Not only do I make great money aiding others in their film and television endeavors, I have a number of projects of my own set up with multiple major studios. It takes YEARS to get things made, especially so during a global pandemic followed by a WGA strike, but all things considered I could not be doing much better.

Also, I've literally worked with two of the people I named, which is why I know, from experience, that they suck.

Seriously, dude, the personal attacks are getting ridiculous (not to mention desperate). It's really, really, weird how much you need me to be a villain.

You make yourself the villain by attacking folks who save children while propping up projects that force ideologies down our throat. You are a hypocrite suckling at the tit. Every thread you post should be mired in such an image. I could care less if it pays you well. Your integrity is for *****
TCTTS
AG
Tibbers said:

TCTTS said:

PatAg said:

A handful of people here looooove firing up a flare so that their buddies can come add to the pile on. I've lost count of the number of threads over the years posted elsewhere either calling out me specifically, or the board as a whole, so that the Neanderthal pastime of "owning" can commence.

This really is your job isn't it? Trying to save face or lose your pull? Face it, you called a guy who saves children a lunatic. You've got major problems.

Save face? You admitted today, in the year 2023, that you're a *legit* believer in QAnon, one of the biggest grifts in all of modern America, one that 99% of the country realized, years ago, is complete bullsh*t. Trust me, I could not care less about "saving face" from you, or anyone like you.
Tibbers
TCTTS said:

Tibbers said:

TCTTS said:

PatAg said:

Save face? You admitted today, in the year 2023, that you're a *legit* believer in QAnon, one of the biggest grifts in all of modern America, one that 99% of the country realized, years ago, is complete bullsh*t. Trust me, I could not care less about "saving face" from you, or anyone like you.

Tell me, what has Q and their community said that has been demonstrably false? It was through that community I saw the video of Biden's quid pro quo with Ukraine years before it became mainstream. It was through that community that I learned of Weinstein and Epstein's island. Again, this revelation occurred years before it was picked up by the mainstream. I'm curious of your thoughts on Isaac Kappy as well. Probably nothing good to say about the fella either, right? I'm just curious since you've kept such a pulse on the Q community, would love to hear your thoughts on the subject.

And so have Jim and Tim which is why you will never see this movie. So save your comments for those who have. Oh wait, you probably have an agenda. Again, the hypocrisy abounds. Funny that you call Q a grift when you seem to make a living being a grifter. Not sure if that's true but the way you seem to continually attempt to be an influencer it surely leaves a lot to be desired. Naw, I'm sure this guy just like really loves movies and stuff and really just loves posting about it on a popular forum. Yeah, that's probably it.
rhutton125
AG
Can we lock this thread now?
Tibbers
No, no one has really even seen the film yet. Let them see it and have a place to post about the film. Screw any attempts at a derail.
TCTTS
AG
Tibbers said:

TCTTS said:

Tibbers said:

TCTTS said:

PatAg said:

Tell me, what has Q and their community said that has been demonstrably false? It was through that community I saw the video of Biden's quid pro quo with Ukraine years before it became mainstream. It was through that community that I learned of Weinstein and Epstein's island. Again, this revelation occurred years before it was picked up by the mainstream. I'm curious of your thoughts on Isaac Kappy as well. Probably nothing good to say about the fella either, right? I'm just curious since you've kept such a pulse on the Q community, would love to hear your thoughts on the subject.

And so have Jim and Tim which is why you will never see this movie. So save your comments for those who have. Oh wait, you probably have an agenda. Again, the hypocrisy abounds. This really must be your job. Funny that you call Q a grift when you seem to make a living being a grifter. Not sure if that's true but the way you seem to continually attempt to be an influencer it surely leaves a lot to be desired. Naw, I'm sure this guy just like really loves movies and stuff and really just loves posting about it on a popular forum. Yeah, that's probably it.

Yep, you got me. I chose an obscure message board on a college football website, in the dumbest attempt of all time to become an entertainment "influencer." Also, now that my grift has finally been exposed - of suppressing this movie by admitting multiple times that I have no issue with the movie itself - I must now leave this thread, and the board, in shame, for I can longer influence or grift the dozens people who participate in these threads.

If I should be so lucky, maybe Q will have me…
Tibbers
TCTTS said:

Tibbers said:

TCTTS said:

Tibbers said:

TCTTS said:

PatAg said:

And so have Jim and Tim which is why you will never see this movie. So save your comments for those who have. Oh wait, you probably have an agenda. Again, the hypocrisy abounds. This really must be your job. Funny that you call Q a grift when you seem to make a living being a grifter. Not sure if that's true but the way you seem to continually attempt to be an influencer it surely leaves a lot to be desired. Naw, I'm sure this guy just like really loves movies and stuff and really just loves posting about it on a popular forum. Yeah, that's probably it.

Yep, you got me. I chose an obscure message board on a college football website in the dumbest attempt of all time to become an entertainment "influencer." Also, now that my grift has finally been exposed - of suppressing this movie by admitting multiple times that I have no issue with the movie itself - I must now leave this thread, and the board, in shame, for I can longer influence or grift the dozens people who participate in these threads.

If I should be so lucky, maybe Q will have me…

If you had no issue with the movie, you never would have posted about it. Much like how I couldn't care less about most marvel movies and refrain from seeing them or posting about them. Yet here you are. Continually.
TCTTS
AG
rhutton125 said:

Can we lock this thread now?

Do that, and the accusations of "suppression" will only reach a fever pitch, while even staff will be called to "repent."

Seriously, though, I'm out for real so the drama should subside.

I genuinely hope this movie results in the kind of call to action that can lead to real change. As I've said from the beginning, my only concern is that it's not the kind of call to action that involves things like pizza parlors and guns, based on the rhetoric from Caviezel's own mouth.
jeffk
AG
Whos Juan said:

Can't we just all agree that Mexicans are to blame?

Funnily enough, the writer, producer, and director are all Mexican.
aTmAg
AG
This thread is an example of why this board is a joke.
Tibbers
And just like that, the thread was reinstated. Thanks mods! Well if anything, discussing the film and its makers have brought to light a lot of revelation about certain posters here. I pray their influence wanes here.
LouisHerbertWong
AG
aTmAg said:

This thread is an example of why this board is a joke.
Know Your Enemy
AG

Not worth it
jeffk
AG
cjg89 said:

No one else is stepping up to offer solutions to sex trafficking.

Glad that this movie might be bringing more awareness to an important issue, but I'm going to push back on this statement a little. It's a natural reaction to think "Why isn't someone doing something about this?" when you learn about a new societal evil. But often the truth is that there are people already doing work to address the evil, you just didn't know about them previously. Hopefully people having their eyes opened to human trafficking will choose to find a way to work to address some of the root causes of the problem and help those affected by it around the world. I listed a couple of orgs on page one doing important work in this area, but I wanted to re-up now that some have seen the film. I definitely suggest using Charity Watch or Charity Navigator to verify that the orgs you are thinking of engaging with are using the resources they are gifted with in a way that you think are appropriate.

https://www.a21.org/ - I've worked with the founder of this org a few times over the years and she has a wonderful heart and vision for helping those impacted by slavery and trafficking
https://mercyproject.net/ - Many of you know Chris and his work with enslaved children in Ghana. I had the pleasure of traveling with him and seeing that work in person many years ago.
https://uaht.org/ - Another great org I've worked closely with in Houston.
Tibbers
Nice info! Thanks for posting!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.