Anyone seen Sound of Freedom?

125,200 Views | 1511 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by General Jack D. Ripper
cjg89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:

This is the final thing I'm going to say on the subject, before heading out to grill and celebrate with my heathen Hollywood friends...

People here keep talking about "the truth," while actively participating in a bad faith effort to accuse a number of us of not wanting to get to the bottom of that truth. Because we either have something to "hide," or "protect," or because we're making excuses for Hollywood, or whatever other bullsh*t talking point nonsense. Even though we've repeated over and over and over again that child trafficking = bad.

The thing is, QAnon doesn't care about the truth. Instead, what QAnon does is choose a number of targets on the left, and then reverse engineers fabricated stories to paint those targets in the most hideous light possible, truth and consequences be damned.

Are there some kernels of truth to their stories? No doubt - just enough to make the most gullible believe the overall lie.

You guys say things like, "Politics plays no part in human trafficking. Only the perpetrators regardless of political affiliation should be exposed." And guess what? I agree 100%. However, it's QAnon who *injects* politics into human trafficking, maintaining that the perpetrators of only *one* political affiliation be exposed.

As for the movie itself, in a vacuum, it sounds innocuous enough. I'm genuinely glad to hear that there don't seem to be any QAnon/conspiracy elements embedded into the story, that it's not blaming only one side politically, etc. That's great!

What I have a huge problem with is the real life subject of the movie itself, Tim Ballard, and the actor who plays him, Jim Caviezel, using the movie, in their promotion of it, to prop up wild, batsh*t insane QAnon conspiracy theories. Because, again, those conspiracy theories aren't after "the truth." Rather, they're engineered *specifically* to demonize and target a *specific* group of people, politically speaking, whether those people have anything to do with child trafficking or not. To be clear, this does not mean I endorse the left, or believe that they're completely innocent in the matter. I'm simply calling attention to the fact that if Ballard and Caviezel were genuinely after "the truth," they wouldn't be so deep down the QAnon rabbit hole.

Seriously, how does it not irk some of you that Ballard and Caviezel use this subject - and thus the victims - to peddle their own political nonsense? To demonize people who have absolutely nothing to do with child trafficking? To enrage the right to hate the left to such a ridiculous, delusional degree? Again, this is the kind of sh*t that leads to nut jobs showing up at pizza parlors with guns, yet some of you could not care less about that aspect. It's all about "the children." Well, if you truly cared about the children, you'd also care that they were being used to peddle nonsense by the very people telling this story. Which should make any sane person suspicious of their motives, and thus of the movie they made. Never mind the fact that it's also pretty clear that Ballard has fabricated elements of his story, which makes me question the events of the movie even more, as innocuous (and emotionally effective) as it apparently is.

In short, the point I'm trying to make (or, rather, repeat for the dozenth time) is that it's possible to despise child trafficking, yet also find the filmmakers' intentions dubious. The two thoughts aren't mutually exclusive, and those of you who continue to suggest that believing the latter means endorsing child trafficking, frankly, need to get a life.

That has zero to do with the moving. The movie is a depiction of one story of two trafficked kids. No politics and no pointing fingers, just shedding light on a problem America wants to ignore.

What YOU read into says more about you than what the movie says.

In my opinion it should be front page news 24/7. Modern day slavery is alive and well. NOTHING is being done. Why?
Sapper Redux
The trouble is that the face of the movie and the person it's based on are very much political figures who ascribe to fringe views on trafficking that other groups working on the problem have said take away from work on the real problem.

I'm glad the film is not politicized, but everything around its production has a lot of politics, and we've seen that here where absurd conspiracy theories about who is trafficking and why are mixed in with the more mundane and dangerous reality of trafficking.
90 bull
AG
I saw the movie today, and came here to see what others thought. It seems like the main discussion is whether or not the people around the movie are nuts in the approved way or not.
TCTTS
AG
cjg89 said:

TCTTS said:

This is the final thing I'm going to say on the subject, before heading out to grill and celebrate with my heathen Hollywood friends...

People here keep talking about "the truth," while actively participating in a bad faith effort to accuse a number of us of not wanting to get to the bottom of that truth. Because we either have something to "hide," or "protect," or because we're making excuses for Hollywood, or whatever other bullsh*t talking point nonsense. Even though we've repeated over and over and over again that child trafficking = bad.

The thing is, QAnon doesn't care about the truth. Instead, what QAnon does is choose a number of targets on the left, and then reverse engineers fabricated stories to paint those targets in the most hideous light possible, truth and consequences be damned.

Are there some kernels of truth to their stories? No doubt - just enough to make the most gullible believe the overall lie.

You guys say things like, "Politics plays no part in human trafficking. Only the perpetrators regardless of political affiliation should be exposed." And guess what? I agree 100%. However, it's QAnon who *injects* politics into human trafficking, maintaining that the perpetrators of only *one* political affiliation be exposed.

As for the movie itself, in a vacuum, it sounds innocuous enough. I'm genuinely glad to hear that there don't seem to be any QAnon/conspiracy elements embedded into the story, that it's not blaming only one side politically, etc. That's great!

What I have a huge problem with is the real life subject of the movie itself, Tim Ballard, and the actor who plays him, Jim Caviezel, using the movie, in their promotion of it, to prop up wild, batsh*t insane QAnon conspiracy theories. Because, again, those conspiracy theories aren't after "the truth." Rather, they're engineered *specifically* to demonize and target a *specific* group of people, politically speaking, whether those people have anything to do with child trafficking or not. To be clear, this does not mean I endorse the left, or believe that they're completely innocent in the matter. I'm simply calling attention to the fact that if Ballard and Caviezel were genuinely after "the truth," they wouldn't be so deep down the QAnon rabbit hole.

Seriously, how does it not irk some of you that Ballard and Caviezel use this subject - and thus the victims - to peddle their own political nonsense? To demonize people who have absolutely nothing to do with child trafficking? To enrage the right to hate the left to such a ridiculous, delusional degree? Again, this is the kind of sh*t that leads to nut jobs showing up at pizza parlors with guns, yet some of you could not care less about that aspect. It's all about "the children." Well, if you truly cared about the children, you'd also care that they were being used to peddle nonsense by the very people telling this story. Which should make any sane person suspicious of their motives, and thus of the movie they made. Never mind the fact that it's also pretty clear that Ballard has fabricated elements of his story, which makes me question the events of the movie even more, as innocuous (and emotionally effective) as it apparently is.

In short, the point I'm trying to make (or, rather, repeat for the dozenth time) is that it's possible to despise child trafficking, yet also find the filmmakers' intentions dubious. The two thoughts aren't mutually exclusive, and those of you who continue to suggest that believing the latter means endorsing child trafficking, frankly, need to get a life.

That has zero to do with the moving. The movie is a depiction of one story of two trafficked kids. No politics and no pointing fingers, just shedding light on a problem America wants to ignore.

In my opinion it should be front page news 24/7. Modern day slavery is alive and well. NOTHING is being done. Why?

Because you guys let lunatics like Tim Ballard, Jim Caviezel, Mel Gibson, Steve Bannon, and Michael Flynn be the face of this thing.

This is what we're trying to tell you.

These people pollute this subject with their bullsh*t, to the point of alienation. I said it before and I'll say it again, but they're perceived, by most, as the boys who cried wolf. No one on the left, and a decent portion of the right, wants anything to do with them and whatever it is they're championing. Because we all just assume it's nonsense, like nearly everything else that comes out of their mouths.

You want people to take this crises more seriously? Quit thinking it's okay to let these people be the face of the crisis. Y'all keep saying that it doesn't matter who's shining the light on it, as long as a light is being shined. When our entire argument has been that it DOES matter. That part is everything.

You simply can't have QAnon nuts, raging antisemites, criminals, and disgraced Trump cabinet members be the loudest voices in the room, and you especially can't have them using this crises to peddle their politics in the process. Because, again, when they do, most sane people just tune them out.

I truly do not understand how you guys don't get this.
TCTTS
AG
Sapper Redux said:

The trouble is that the face of the movie and the person it's based on are very much political figures who ascribe to fringe views on trafficking that other groups working on the problem have said take away from work on the real problem.

I'm glad the film is not politicized, but everything around its production has a lot of politics, and we've seen that here where absurd conspiracy theories about who is trafficking and why are mixed in with the more mundane and dangerous reality of trafficking.

Beat me to it. Bingo.
redsquirrelAG
AG
So anything related to Q is crazy but I'm sure all on the left including Biden, Obama and the Clintons are the model of sanity?

Got it.

Lmao.
cjg89
AG
No one else is stepping up to offer solutions to sex trafficking. We just have the left, Hollywood, msm, and politicians sliding us on down the slope (especially California) to adding MAPs sickos to their perverted letter religion.
Eso si, Que es
Funky Winkerbean said:

So you haven't even seen the film and you just filled a 2 page thread trying to discredit it? That's ****ed up.
Hollywood is not a monolith. You heard it here first.

Just amazing that someone from Hollywood would work so hard to prove how diverse Hollywood actually is, by falling in line to bash a film they have not, nor will ever see.

FYI, the film does not deal with any conspiracies from what I saw. No CIA or other derails previously mentioned by the incredibly open minded Hollywood representative.

God's children are not for sale
TequilaMockingbird
TCTTS said:

Yeah, I'm done here........

This is the final thing I'm going to say on the subject
And then you've posted three times since.
tomtomdrumdrum
AG
"We all agree Satan is bad, right? So why is the LAMEstream local Texas sports media hiding the fact that Jimbo is transfiguring his players into literal demons? Some of their players got kicked off the team last season, so that proves me right. You can't trust an Aggie, they're hiding the truth.

Anyways, that's why you should play football for me, coach Sark, at a school where people think The Devil is bad."

Maybe I tried to hard, but to me this doesn't sound too far off from the schlock memes serving as truth some of y'all are being manipulated by.
TCTTS
AG
TequilaMockingbird said:

TCTTS said:

Conveniently, you left off the part where I said "… before I leave to grill and celebrate..." I didn't mean forever. And right now I'm at the first of two BBQs, this one full of kids and people I don't know as well, so I've been on my phone more than usual.
agsquirrel97
AG
TCTTS said:

cjg89 said:

TCTTS said:

Because you guys let lunatics like Tim Ballard, Jim Caviezel, Mel Gibson, Steve Bannon, and Michael Flynn be the face of this thing.

These people pollute this subject with their bullsh*t, to the point of alienation. I said it before and I'll say it again, but they're perceived, by most, as the boys who cried wolf. No one on the left, and a decent portion of the right, wants anything to do with them and whatever it is they're championing. Because we all just assume it's nonsense, like nearly everything else that comes out of their mouths.

You want people to take this crises more seriously? Quit thinking it's okay to let these people be the face of the crisis. Y'all keep saying that it doesn't matter who's shining the light on it, as long as a light is being shined. When our entire argument has been that it DOES matter. That part is everything.

You simply can't have QAnon nuts, raging antisemites, criminals, and disgraced Trump cabinet members be the loudest voices in the room, and you especially can't have them using this crises to peddle their politics in the process. Because, again, when they do, most sane people just tune them out.

Good day to you sir
TCTTS
AG
Eso si, Que es said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

So you haven't even seen the film and you just filled a 2 page thread trying to discredit it? That's ****ed up.

Just amazing that someone from Hollywood would work so hard to prove how diverse Hollywood actually is, by falling in line to bash a film they have not, nor will ever see.

FYI, the film does not deal with any conspiracies from what I saw. No CIA or other derails previously mentioned by the incredibly open minded Hollywood representative.

NO ONE IS BASHING THE FILM ITSELF.

I've said this like 400 times now, and just explained, in detail, what my real issue is. But of course you guys keep ignoring that fact and finding ways to bash myself and "Hollywood," in the most cliched ways imaginable, because that's all you're programmed to do. Incapable of understanding nuance or talking points outside of your own biases and out-of-place platitudes. Yes, we all know that God's children are not for sale. Of course, that has next to nothing to do with what I'm talking about, but thanks for the reminder!
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS said:

TequilaMockingbird said:

TCTTS said:

Conveniently, you left off the part where I said "… before I leave to grill and celebrate..." I didn't mean forever. And right now I'm at the first of two BBQs, this one full of kids and people I don't know as well, so I've been on my phone more than usual.

I just realized that referencing myself and kids being at the same Hollywood location is really going to trigger some people here. My sincerest apologies.
tk for tu juan
Hollywood BBQs kids for fun on the 4th, you heard it here first
Ervin Burrell
AG
TCTTS said:

TCTTS said:

TequilaMockingbird said:

TCTTS said:

I just realized that referencing myself and kids being at the same Hollywood location is really going to trigger some people here. My sincerest apologies.

Good luck with your adrenochrome harvest.
Eso si, Que es
Raiderjay said:

The more media and hollywood come out against this movie, the more it makes me want to see it......

There is pure evil in this world, and calling it out to raise awareness especially for the rights of the most innocent can't be a bad thing even if some of it is a stretch......

Please go see the movie. It delves into exactly zero conspiracy theories being used to distract here. It is a straightforward story about horrible people (with no discernible political leanings) being pursued by a compelling protagonist (with no discernible political leanings) with the goal of easing the suffering of a few defenseless innocents.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
TCTTS said:

Eso si, Que es said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

I've said this like 400 times now, and just explained, in detail, what my real issue is. But of course you guys keep ignoring that fact and finding ways to bash myself and "Hollywood," in the most cliched ways imaginable, because that's all you're programmed to do. Incapable of understanding nuance or talking points outside of your own biases and out-of-place platitudes. Yes, we all know that God's children are not for sale. Of course, that has next to nothing to do with what I'm talking about, but thanks for the reminder!

They will never get it. You tried
TCTTS
TCTTS
AG
Ervin Burrell said:

TCTTS said:

TCTTS said:

TequilaMockingbird said:

TCTTS said:

Good luck with your adrenochrome harvest.

Right after the watermelon and sparklers. Been looking forward to this all year.
TCTTS
Teacher_Ag
AG
Imagining TC typing out paragraphs at a Hollywood BBQ while his friend makes black bean burgers has to be the only funny thing to come out of this thread.
Tibbers
TCTTS said:

cjg89 said:

TCTTS said:

Ah yes, those lunatic Christians. I mean, one of those dudes played Jesus Christ, that crazy *******. He can't do that. Probably explains why he was black balled by Hollywood. Oh and that other lunatic that made the movie? Yeah, black balled. Oh and that other lunatic who risks his life to save children from human trafficking? Yep, can't let him or his life story be at the center of this thing.

You really are a piece of work. Carry on with your water carrying for other political driven work and claim several times that their politics are not injected in the story. When the shoe is even remotely on the other foot, your true self is shown. You are a hypocrite.
Yesterday
AG
Going to watch it tonight. Being a father of three under 9 years old this type of stuff scares the hell out of me. Thanks for the heads up.

Not sure why TCTTS is aggressively trying to diminish the film because he doesn't agree with the people in charge political view points. If that were the case with me I wouldn't be able to enjoy anything Hollywood puts out. But I do. Sorry the shoe is on the other foot this time.
TCTTS
AG
Yesterday said:

Going to watch it tonight. Being a father of three under 9 years old this type of stuff scares the hell out of me. Thanks for the heads up.

Not sure why TCTTS is aggressively trying to diminish the film because he doesn't agree with the people in charge political view points. If that were the case with me I wouldn't be able to enjoy anything Hollywood puts out. But I do. Sorry the shoe is on the other foot this time.

Except these aren't "political viewpoints" one simply either agrees with or not. The crap these people are spouting is objectively false conspiracy theories that the vast majority of Americans find to be insane drivel.
TCTTS
AG
Tibbers said:

TCTTS said:

cjg89 said:

TCTTS said:

Ah yes, those lunatic Christians. I mean, one of those dudes played Jesus Christ, that crazy *******. He can't do that. Probably explains why he was black balled by Hollywood. Oh and that other lunatic that made the movie? Yeah, black balled. Oh and that other lunatic who risks his life to save children from human trafficking? Yep, can't let him or his life story be at the center of this thing.

You really are a piece of work. Carry on with your water carrying for other political driven work and claim several times that their politics are not injected in the story. When the shoe is even remotely on the other foot, your true self is shown. You are a hypocrite.

I haven't said a word about Christians, but by all means, please continue putting words in my mouth. It only strengthens my argument. Otherwise, I'm merely quoting/calling attention to the provable nonsense these people themselves are using to promote their own movie.
Raiderjay
So, there are no left wing loons that have ever made movies to push their agenda????

Seems that is a key component of many films, regardless of which side of the political spectrum they are on......

Eso si, Que es
TCTTS said:

Eso si, Que es said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

I will differentiate. You called the whole thing a sh*show on page 2 while quoting tweets bashing the the actor's politics.

I will acknowledge I know nothing of the actor, nor do I tend seek out the opinions of actors. Sometimes their opinions are thrust upon me and I choose to agree/disagree with the opinions of that actor. I also acknowledge that I will sometimes choose to consume/not consume their work if I believe they will use that work to thrust those opinions on me. I don't fault you for choosing to consume/not consume this movie based on your opinions of Jim C. I had zero interest in watching "bros", it does not appeal to me. I also did not weigh in on Billy E's work that I did not consume.

For us common, non Hollywood folk, we roll our eyes when you say Hollywood is not a monolith. While we don't know the inner workings of why things get made or not made, we do see the results of those decisions, and they are pretty monolithic in the leanings.

FYI, we believe that the entertainment industry is the group that is programmed to think a certain way, but I am sure we will disagree on that. My critical analyses indicates that there is an acceptable position pushed by entertainment and Hollywood which is programmed to be elevated in "views" and "likes" and a contrary position which is demonetized and suppressed and the position that receives pushback would not be the "programmed" way to think. We used to call the non programmed response "the counter culture" because it pushed back against the approved narrative. Now I guess conformity is the "non programmed" counter culture?
Jaxson11
AG
Powerful film. It wasn't political at all. Keep in mind this was filmed at least 5 years ago.

This was a movie about good vs evil. Highly recommend it.
Raiderjay
and if we are not supposed to see movies with bat sh_t crazy actors pushing agendas in them, well you might as well shut the film business down......
TCTTS
AG
Raiderjay said:

So, there are no left wing loons that have ever made movies to push their agenda????

Seems that is a key component of many films, regardless of which side of the political spectrum they are on......

Of course there are. You guys b*tch about them nonstop on this board. The only difference is, when you do, you don't get called "evil" over and over again, you aren't told to "repent" multiple times, and worst of all, you aren't accused of literally trafficking children, all of which are things that have happened to me in this thread.
Raiderjay
Quote:

The only difference is, when you do, you don't get called "evil" over and over again, you aren't told to "repent" multiple times, and worst of all, you aren't accused of literally trafficking children, all of which are things that have happened to me in this thread.
jeffk
AG
There's an F16 thread linking over to this one now.
Whos Juan
AG
Guys...

Guys...

Guys.....

I still think it's the Mexicans' fault...
cjg89
AG
TCTTS said:

Raiderjay said:

Of course there are. You guys b*tch about them nonstop on this board. The only difference is, when you do, you don't get called "evil" over and over again, you aren't told to "repent" multiple times, and worst of all, you aren't accused of literally trafficking children, all of which are things that have happened to me in this thread.

. Drama Queen

None of that happened. Only you attacking the messengers (actors and filmmaker ) and not saying **** about the message (Film), which 100% non controversial unless you are a pedophile or human trafficker.

Our Children are not for sale. Rather simple message told very well in a good, but depressing film. Hollywood has told a fictional version many many times. Taken, Man on Fire, Big Jake, Tears of the Sun, and probably 100s of others. Difference, true story and this movie feels too real. Also, no gratuitous violence to make us all feel good at the end. I just felt sad for America. The more things change, the more humanity stays the same.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.