Anyone seen Sound of Freedom?

125,352 Views | 1511 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by General Jack D. Ripper
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, so this whole thing sounds like a complete sh*t show. I assume those of you who shamed everyone who didn't immediately fall in line with this movie and its subjects' agenda will now be apologizing. Especially for calling me, in particular, "evil" for being the slightest bit dubious. Or will it be like it always is, you won't acknowledge your overreaction in any way, and then move onto the next subject you can be prematurely enraged about while making baseless, conspiratorial accusations?
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
lol zealous

What a word to use on a post about a movie
TCTTS
AG
If true, this is some Looney-Tunes-level insanity…

TCTTS
AG
I seriously doubt I'll be watching the movie myself, but I'll of course wait and reserve judgment to see if this thing really does delve into or hint at a CIA conspiracy component, touches on adrenochroming and the like, or lays the blame on liberals or immigrants or whoever. This Tim Ballard dude is dubious enough, and the loudest voices shilling for this thing are suspect as hell (Mel Gibson, Steve Bannon, Michael Flynn, etc), but still.

Either way, the overall concern people have with crap like this is that the filmmakers shouldn't have to rile people up with psyops to get them to care about human trafficking. Because anyone with a heart *already cares* about human trafficking. So then you start wonder if the filmmakers are using a subject like this for nefarious/political purposes, in order to cast one side as evil or "the other" or whatever, because that has certainly been the result so far.

I don't know, the whole thing just stinks to high heaven, and it sounds like people were right to be questioning it from the jump.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
So you haven't even seen the film and you just filled a 2 page thread trying to discredit it? That's ****ed up.
jeffk
AG
I'd be really surprised if the movie itself portrays the CIA as the child trafficking organization or if it's fully a psyop… have to remember that Fox green lit this initially. If I had to speculate, they probably made the movie then started to learn more about the source material/characters it was based off of and decided to hold off on a wide release. Disney bought it and basically did the same. Meanwhile Jim C and associates have been making it even more difficult to want to give them a spotlight with their conspiracy garbage.
TCTTS
AG
That sounds about right. Fox took on what they felt was a worthy pursuit, and maybe even made a decent movie, only to have it ruined by discovering that the guy at the heart of it was likely playing fast and loose with the facts. Add the QAnon garbage being spewed by multiple people involved, and it's completely understandable why it was shelved. If so, it really makes you question Angel Studios' intentions, if they then went forward with buying/promoting it, knowing the controversy surrounding this dude (while either ignoring or supporting the ancillary QAnon associations).
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
What pushback has this movie gotten?

I'll say this, conspiracy theories with this issue are absurd. I have a friend that runs an organization that is battling human trafficking. Online rumors/conspiracies went after him and his family to the point where he was encouraged to send his wife and kids away for a week to avoid possible harm being done to them. Basically he was compared to Epstein. All because some online bull*****
cjg89
AG
Every time someone defends Hollywood, I think of Harvey Weinstein . Another favorite is they made a movie and celebrate the child predator Milk. Hollywood is filled with dirty little secrets and we don't need to see how the sausage is made.
Raiderjay
The more media and hollywood come out against this movie, the more it makes me want to see it......

There is pure evil in this world, and calling it out to raise awareness especially for the rights of the most innocent can't be a bad thing even if some of it is a stretch......

Gigem314
AG
cjg89 said:

Every time someone defends Hollywood, I think of Harvey Weinstein . Another favorite is they made a movie and celebrate the child predator Milk. Hollywood is filled with dirty little secrets and we don't need to see how the sausage is made.
The irony is, mainstream Hollywood treats most of those films like "Well it's their truth…it's art…who are we to judge it" when certain details are left out to create a more rosy story…but when something comes along that doesn't conform to their world views, they dissect the hell out of it with a lot of vague conclusions. Because of that, it's really difficult to take some of these critiques seriously.

I'd rather see the film and get the full story first.
Robert L. Peters
Ghost of Bisbee said:

lol zealous

Based on the responses here I think zealous is the perfect word.
What you say, Paper Champion? I'm gonna beat you like a dog, a dog, you hear me!
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
The Green Dragon said:

Ghost of Bisbee said:

lol zealous

Based on the responses here I think zealous is the perfect word.

Nah dude
emando2000
AG
Has anyone on here seen the movie yet? Seems like a lot of back & forth for a movie you haven't seen.

And how are some of you claiming a human trafficking movie is a movie for Christian and conservatives? I don't think some of you can read your own bias.

Shouldn't this be a movie for all? (Unless you support human trafficking)
rhutton125
AG
Yeah the 3rd post on this thread really tried to draw a line in the sand. I hadn't heard of this movie. Sex trafficking is horrendous. That much is not in question, nor is it a political statement.

I think it's fair to discuss whether the film is accurate or the organizations behind the film are sketchy. It's not a "if you're not with us, you're against us" thing. You can be opposed to sex trafficking AND think certain actors or political voices are whackos, or be skeptical about the claims made in the film or in the press.

Skepticism =/= a defense of trafficking and slavery. It's an online discussion board about Entertainment - where else should we discuss these things?
Whos Juan
AG
Can't we just all agree that Mexicans are to blame?
emando2000
AG
Whos Juan said:

What did I do?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Whos Juan said:

No, we can't.

Know Your Enemy
AG
cjg89 said:

Every time someone mentions church I think of the tens of thousand of priests who molested children. That must mean all Catholics are child molestors too.
Sapper Redux
emando2000 said:

Has anyone on here seen the movie yet? Seems like a lot of back & forth for a movie you haven't seen.

And how are some of you claiming a human trafficking movie is a movie for Christian and conservatives? I don't think some of you can read your own bias.

Shouldn't this be a movie for all? (Unless you support human trafficking)

The studio, the star, and the advertising have made that clear.
The Anchor
AG
I watched the movie last night.

I thought it was well done. Don't remember anything related to Hollywood or left/right. It was a movie about sex trafficking and how evil it is.

A lot of the posts on here are way off about the movie.
Robert L. Peters
Really well made movie. Not sure why people are calling it political. Nothing at all.

From the looks of this thread, it's triggered all the right people on all the right sides.
What you say, Paper Champion? I'm gonna beat you like a dog, a dog, you hear me!
TCTTS
AG
No one is "triggered" about the movie itself. 90% of this conversation has been about the people who made and endorse it.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
TCTTS said:

No one is "triggered" about the movie itself. 90% of this conversation has been about the people who made and endorse it.

This ^
Robert L. Peters
TCTTS said:

Plenty people are triggered here. Like I said, on both sides.

I think that Hollywood is going to eventually wake up that there's a huge market for these counter-culture movies. I'm sure we will see more.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
The Green Dragon said:

TCTTS said:

I think that Hollywood is going to eventually wake up that there's a huge market for these counter-culture movies. I'm sure we will see more.

They're not triggered about the movie, they're triggered about the use of the word "zealous"
Robert L. Peters
Ghost of Bisbee said:

The Green Dragon said:

TCTTS said:

They're not triggered about the movie, they're triggered about the use of the word "zealous"

Some are triggered and others appear to be invested.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
The Green Dragon said:

Ghost of Bisbee said:

The Green Dragon said:

TCTTS said:

Some are triggered and others appear to be invested.

Sir I think you may not know what triggered means
Robert L. Peters
Tell me
Nonregdrummer09
AG
Saw the movie, it was really good and well done, there's no conspiracy nonsense that some of y'all are talking about, it's a very straightforward story.
Robert L. Peters
Nonregdrummer09 said:

Saw the movie, it was really good and well done, there's no conspiracy nonsense that some of y'all are talking about, it's a very straightforward story.

Yep. But don't spoil their fun.
TCTTS
AG
The Green Dragon said:

TCTTS said:

You guys HAVE to quit painting this subject as if it's something people disagree on, or like there are conflicting moral "sides" being taken here. No one here is saying that a light shouldn't be shown on this issue. No one here is contesting that movies that shine that light should be made. AGAIN, the only issues being expressed here are those with the filmmakers themselves, and how they muddy the waters with their QAnon rhetoric in their promotion of the movie.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Case in point, you're triggered. Your responses are very zealous

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.