Kill Tony

27,898 Views | 146 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by suburban cowboy
Stat Monitor Repairman
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Kill Tony on Monday nights may be the best show on tv.

Live and unscripted.
ThreatLevel: Midnight
AG
Let me know when they get a real comic like B Schaub then we'll talk.
Thanks & Gig 'Em
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
The premise of the show is new comics making Tony laugh, right?
Carlo4
AG
Me thinking this is about the Sopranos based on the thread title.

uujm
Has anyone been? Last time I checked tickets at the comedy mother ship website it was sold out for months and they have a no resale policy.
justnobody79
follow their Facebook page for ticket drop times and surplus tickets, it hasn't worked out for me on my side to be able to go but I have seen tickets available
Stat Monitor Repairman
Definitely Not A Cop said:

The premise of the show is new comics making Tony laugh, right?
People sign up for a chance to do one minute of standup in front of live audience on a live podcast from Austin, TX.

Tony draws a name out of a bucket.

People come up and perform for one minute, then get interviewed for 5-10 mins and roasted by Tony and the professional comedian special guests that are on that week.

It's live, uncensored and unscripted. Anything goes, and anything could happen. They turn the cameras on and go.

No commercials during the middle of the live stream. That's the general appeal of it.
ThreatLevel: Midnight
AG
Some people attempt to get laughs via well crafted jokes based on observation, timing and misdirection.

The real professionals and masters of their craft, get laughs by bombing in an unworldly cringeworthy fashion. Some would say the cringiest.

Well that's it for my (break) time. Back to the fryers I go.
Thanks & Gig 'Em
AggieArchitect04
AG
What's this on? Youtube?
Stat Monitor Repairman
Live on youtube every monday night and past episodes on youtube. Also available as a podcast.

Claimed to be the #1 live podcast in the world

They sitting on a gold mine here but no platform will touch it. Im surprised they haven't been booted off youtube yet.

Its the most un PC show you can conceivably get away with and be on a modern platform. Jokes are no holds barred.
aggie0959
I liked it better when Jeremiah Walt Kim's was the leader of the band. His characters where my favorite part.
suburban cowboy
AG
comedy
dave99ag
AG
Scored VIP seats for a date sometime in July. Tickets were gone in minutes for dates through September. Love it when someone bombs and Tony and guests destroy them.

Anxious to check out the Mothership. Going to see Ari in June.
AG
uujm said:

Has anyone been? Last time I checked tickets at the comedy mother ship website it was sold out for months and they have a no resale policy.
Yeah, Kill Tony is sold out months in advance unfortunately.

Actually saw Erik Griffin at Comedy Mothership last week, cool venue, great service. They take it very seriously but I didn't mind. Get a lecture about locking up your phone. Then you get a lecture on how the show and service works.

Don't love having to go down dirty 6th for a show though, guess I'm just getting old. Does beat driving out to the Domain for Cap City Comedy Club though.
GoAgs92
AG
Made it through 35 seconds of sam tallent, then got bored.

Stat Monitor Repairman
Pauly Shore on next Monday.
Claude!
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Pauly Shore on next Monday.
As a contestant?
Stat Monitor Repairman
As the professional comedian guest.
Claude!
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

As the professional comedian guest.
Yeah. That was the joke. Guess I shouldn't try to get on the show.
Stat Monitor Repairman
They make the people that signed up to get on the show wait in the alley behind the club.

200 people in an alley has become its own spectacle. People walking around interviewing the people hoping to get their name pulled out of the bucket.

The people in the alley aren't a part of the show but I bet it becomes a part of the show. They mentioned putting a camera back there. In any event, people from all over the world are coming to Austin trying to get on the show. There's local people on there, but half the people are from all over and travelled in to sign up.

The show is becoming the US Open for comedians.

No qualification necessary. Anyone can show up, sign up and put their name in the bucket.

Thats the appeal of it for me. You feel like you are at a live show, but you on your own couch.
Stat Monitor Repairman
This show is the Kumite from the movie Bloodsport.

But instead of fighting, it's stand up.

Tony and professional comedian guests are typically brutal. If they don't like you, or how you act as a person they will absolutely destroy somebody, but sometimes they'll give some advice on how they can improve their act. Rosanne and Ron White trended towards this, but they would still rip people.

In any event, the show is like the Kumite and you got to fight Chong Li every time.
PatAg
AG
210 said:

uujm said:

Actually saw Erik Griffin at Comedy Mothership last week, cool venue, great service. They take it very seriously but I didn't mind. Get a lecture about locking up your phone. Then you get a lecture on how the show and service works.

Don't love having to go down dirty 6th for a show though, guess I'm just getting old. Does beat driving out to the Domain for Cap City Comedy Club though.
I didnt realize it was right by the Jackalope...that area gets real crappy after about 10-11 pm on weekend nights.
Just a lot of gutter trash looking to fight random people in packs
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
PatAg said:

210 said:

uujm said:

I didnt realize it was right by the Jackalope...that area gets real crappy after about 10-11 pm on weekend nights.
Just a lot of gutter trash looking to fight random people in packs

That's Tony!
Stat Monitor Repairman
That Paulie Shore that just came out is solid. Bucket pulls were good. I lol'ed.
Stat Monitor Repairman
This show is getting to be a local phenomenon.

Watching this latest one and in the intro, Tony says people are leaving their family to come to Austin and get on this show, deciding to move to Austin to get on this show.

And thats true, ever since the show moved permanently to Austin he's had a string of people pulled out of the bucket that are working as hard as they can to get on the show.

Tony Hinchcliffe is now the king maker.

A good appearance on this show can make a you a living.

So you got this mix of people coming out of the bucket pull. Some putting in max effort, they trying to make it. Then people drunk and on all kind of drugs And then you got other people who think they somehow got what it takes to make it in front of a live audience in Austin.

Kill Tony is the entertainment version of the movie Bloodsport with the Kumite tournament. The show has got that Hong Kong island feel to it.
ElephantRider
AG
Cool concept, but Tony Hinchcliffe is so ******* annoying that I'm out
Texaggie7nine
The show is worth watching for William Montgomery closing alone.
7nine
Stat Monitor Repairman
Dave Attell and Jeff Ross on this last one.

A couple of oddball characters and one guy and a girl that came out of the bucket and nailed it.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Theo Von on there this week.

A couple of the regulars no-show.

So they pull Ron White out of the crowd and he gets up there and does a minute.

Solid episode. I lol'ed.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Ari Shafir on this last one

Vanilla gorilla goes crazy and Ari Shifir flop his nuts out on stage.
dave99ag
AG
Went to Kill Tony on Monday with Jim Norton as the guest. Had an absolute blast!

There's a surprise bucket pull that's worth the watch in a few weeks. A first timer that kills the interview.
uujm
dave99ag said:

Went to Kill Tony on Monday with Jim Norton as the guest. Had an absolute blast!

There's a surprise bucket pull that's worth the watch in a few weeks. A first timer that kills the interview.
Is it the guy who likes rocks?
Stat Monitor Repairman
Yeah that Kam guy has been gettin after it. Came out of the bucket and a few weeks later has a job at the club.
uujm
I've been wanting to go. My buddy who has the hookup has been prepping the Washington DC 4th of July Celebration since the mothership opened and he is just now finishing up.

I used to be really fat and started exercising while listening to Rogan and his crew's podcasts. I ran my marathon last year listening to Protect our Parks 5.
dave99ag
AG
uujm said:

dave99ag said:

Is it the guy who likes rocks?
No this was a random pull with just a great interview. Kam is now a regular and killed it as usual. He took the place of David Lucas due to him being on the road so much now. Love the kids energy!

Crazy part about Kill Tony tickets is you have no idea whom the guest will be when you get tickets. We got lucky with Jim Norton as he really engages with the comics and crowd. Made for a great show and most of the comics were pretty decent.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.