Love is Blind

7,047 Views | 67 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by swimmerbabe11
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't

But my wife and I assume a majority of reality TV junky housewives (the target audience) eat up anything live.

I think it's the stigma of 'It's live...ANYTHING can happen and no one knows what's gonna shake out'.

My response to that is 'Riiiiiiight'.

Also...Any chance this was planned? Today Show is on TV here in the office break room and they're talking about the snafu. Great way to get free pub on this
Madagascar
AG
From a Netflix retweet it sounds like the plan is to keep live tv streaming going. It sounds like, especially for reunion episodes, that social media updates outpace the reunion updates so they never address all the drama. They have to air live to keep their relevance.
Petrino1
Lol yikes. Poor Marshall.

However, things took a harsher turn when alleged leaked text messages between Jackie and her friends showed her questioning Marshall's sexuality.

"He gives me vibes y'all. I kind of hinted at that in my interview and all hell broke loose. So I had to switch it up," Jackie supposedly said in one of the texts. "But he for sure gave me those vibes because he used to twerk on the bed ..."

The text continued, "Now this time, I told him to be more aggressive with me. He's hard for sure, but sometimes he can be SWEET."

https://www.distractify.com/p/jackie-love-is-blind-text-messages
AG512
AG
Jackie is awful but Marshall is a bit strange. His facial expressions during that video of Jackie and Josh were so theatrical. 5 minutes later he claims he has moved on and that he is over it. Sure didn't appear that way!
Petrino1
AG512 said:

Jackie is awful but Marshall is a bit strange. His facial expressions during that video of Jackie and Josh were so theatrical. 5 minutes later he claims he has moved on and that he is over it. Sure didn't appear that way!
Yea Marshall loves to play the victim card and its always woe is me with him. He never thinks its his fault. He tried way too hard with Jackie.
AG512
AG
Also, Vanessa Lachey should be replaced. Her reunion performance was garbage.
Petrino1
AG512 said:

Just curious, what didn't you like about it? And yea, I was kind of thinking the same. Its hard for her to stay non-biased and she says some cringe things. But overall, I enjoy her and Nick Lachey's dynamic on the show.
AG
ea1060 said:

AG512 said:

Yea Marshall loves to play the victim card and its always woe is me with him. He never thinks its his fault. He tried way too hard with Jackie.
Then he claims he got slighted again because she didn't show up to the reunion. What is wrong with this guy? It's been a year, she was never into you, you just keep embarrassing yourself. He's a weird guy.
AG512
AG
ea1060 said:

AG512 said:

Just curious, what didn't you like about it? And yea, I was kind of thinking the same. Its hard for her to stay non-biased and she says some cringe things. But overall, I enjoy her and Nick Lachey's dynamic on the show.

The bridal room joke was a fail haha. It was mainly the bias as you mentioned. She seemed to be soft on Jackie but went after Paul and Marshall quite a bit.
Petrino1
210 said:

ea1060 said:

AG512 said:

Then he claims he got slighted again because she didn't show up to the reunion. What is wrong with this guy? It's been a year, she was never into you, you just keep embarrassing yourself. He's a weird guy.
Yea and they only dated for a few weeks in real time. I get they were "engaged" on the show, but come on! If you dated a girl from bumble for 3 weeks and were still acting like that a year later, its time to grow up and move on.
JDUB08AG
AG
Vanessa comes across as a judgy ***** who thinks she has every question answered when it comes to marriage. My wife got me hooked on this show (judge me I don't care) and her condescending approach really rubs me the wrong way.
Tobias Funke
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

he gets compared to a cartoon character and it's v accurate

I was already saying he reminded me of Gabe from The Office because of his mannerisms and ability to physically repulse women he's in a relationship with.

And then they showed his apartment and you saw he is displaying two katanas with a commissioned painting of snow owls holding said katanas…. I died.

Chelsea is a catch. Everyone else kinda sucks.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
The only people I liked on this show were Brett and Tiffany. That's it. Also, this is the first season I've watched. Is it normal for no one to be attractive on this show?

Chelsea- You can smell the desperation to get married
Kwame- Shady AF
Marshall- Nice guy, but he gives off incel energy
Jackie- Gutter Trash
Irina- The ugliest person I have ever seen inside and out
Micah- Show me who your friends are… The type of people she surrounds herself with is telling.
Paul- He feels like such a try hard with his nerd schtick. Comes off a bit on the spectrum
Zach- Annoying and cringy as hell
Bliss- Kind of stuck up and bland
Josh- Creepy, ******y, annoying, and terrible fashion sense. He was perfect for Jackie.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AJ02
AG
Can't disagree with any of those assessments. I know a lot of people liked Chelsea a lot, but she rubbed me the wrong way. Felt like it was all about what she wanted. Kwame had to make all the sacrifices.

The best couple was by far Tiffany & Brett.

Toss up between Irina, Jackelina (WTF kinda name is that??), and Micah's best friend for the worst human ever. What kinds of friends you have days a lot about you.

And I question Zach's judgment completely if he couldn't see right through Irina in the pods. Would definitely look elsewhere for a lawyer. Even when Bliss told him what a mean girl Irina was, he had the nerve to get pissed at Bliss. Despite obvious red flags from all the other girls about her too. Bliss is never going to let him forget he picked Irina over her.
Ag_07
AG
Chelsea was desperate as hell to get married. And I hated how everything was so dramatic with her. Even the way she stared at everyone as they talked like she was staring deep into their soul or something. I got very Stage 5 clinger stalk you down if you ever leave type vibes with her.

I also got very whoare vibes from her the way she was constantly talking about and asking everyone about if they had done it and then the weird lingerie photo shoot.

One thing I hated in the reunion was the fact that Micah was made to be the victim. I thought Paul was done dirty with her stunt of punting the question to him and making him say no so she could play that victim card. She was gonna say no too but she weaseled out of it. Thought she got off way too easy.
Petrino1
Ag_07 said:

Chelsea was desperate as hell to get married. And I hated how everything was so dramatic with her. Even the way she stared at everyone as they talked like she was staring deep into their soul or something. I got very Stage 5 clinger stalk you down if you ever leave type vibes with her.

I also got very whoare vibes from her the way she was constantly talking about and asking everyone about if they had done it and then the weird lingerie photo shoot.

One thing I hated in the reunion was the fact that Micah was made to be the victim. I thought Paul was done dirty with her stunt of punting the question to him and making him say no so she could play that victim card. She was gonna say no too but she weaseled out of it. Thought she got off way too easy.
Yea, Chelsea didn't seem like wife material to me, and I'm surprised Kwame ended up marrying her. She seems like a pain in the butt. That lingerie shoot was definitely weird.

Paul and Micah never seemed like a good match to me. They are the complete opposites.

swimmerbabe11
this season was the messiest yet
Madagascar
AG
Chelsea...hoo boy. That girl can cry.

Outside a couple guys that were clearly looking for 15 minutes, I really enjoyed the season.
swimmerbabe11
I think Sara Anne and Jeramey are wayy too villainized, personally. She sent a message that basically said "yo, if like 90% of matches, yours doesn't work out, lets see where it goes" no big. If Jeramey would have been less passive aggressive and more up front, they would have gotten the Zach and Bliss experience. Since they tried to hide it, they got villainized.
Madagascar
AG
Agreed. They should have been way more open about it. That dude can't speak the truth to save his life though.
cr0wbar
AG
Man - glad this thread got bumped. My gf dragged me into the Houston season (messy) and this one feels messier.

• Sara Ann was demonized unfairly. For a show that engaged someone within weeks - I can't see how saying "if it doesn't work - the door is open" is frowned upon. Yall just met and got engaged through a wall. **** happens
  • While somewhat mature - Laura was grade A crazy. She deserves love and happiness - but she needs a very specific man for *her*
  • AD is beautiful and thiccc. Felt awful for her on her wedding day for Clay to just say "Hey - we got here. I'm waiting until the very last minute to tell you I love you but I'm not ready". Then blames it on his dad (rightfully so - but a ***** boy move). Homie - you played yourself. Cuz AD is bangin'
  • Johnny / Amy - not much to say except they're goofy and cute. Good for them
  • Chelsea / Jimmy: She's a hot mess that needs therapy. You can tell she has some past relationship trauma. She acknowledges that in reunion. Jimmy looks like a foot.
  • Brittany / Kenneth: good for them. Think both had the most maturity out of all of them. Kenneth got some bad edits that made him look REAL disinterested.
  • Jessica - distractingly pretty. Seems she has her head on straight
  • Matthew - what a chode
  • Trevor - maybe the biggest surprise. Dude is handsome and funny - then gets absolutely demolished on national TV. He's so disheveled - he asks Nick Lachey if he can leave. Man says how toxic he is and promptly leaves. Homie might need to turn into a priest at this point
  • Honestly surprised how many people are on this show and we have no idea who they are. I think about less than half are given any substantial air time.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Watching Jimmy drop Jessica for Chelsea off of the Megan Fox comment (seemed Jessica being a mom and her insecurity with him still dating Chelsea was also a factor), only to watch his first reaction at what she looked like and then his first reaction at what Jessica looked like was pure comedy.
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
cr0wbar said:

Man - glad this thread got bumped. My gf dragged me into the Houston season (messy) and this one feels messier.

• Jessica - distractingly pretty. Seems she has her head on straight

STRONGLY disagree with this. Getting engaged and then living with someone after talking to them for a week is one thing, but to have a man move in to live with you and your pre-teen daughter after knowing them for a week is terrible decision making and parenting. Despite not making it very far in the show, she's done a ton of interviews and is going on The Perfect Match which is significantly more trashy, clout chasing, and less about finding a relationship than Love is Blind. If you look at her social media it's a lot of whoring out her daughter for views and likes, very weird. In the reunion she came after Jimmy for some very insignificant things he said about her in an interview, she just wanted her own drama in the reunion and to be viewed as a victim in it. I'd say her very non-natural look in general says she doesn't have her head on straight.
swimmerbabe11
I agree with this. I really don't get the love for Jessica. I think if Jimmy would have left the door more open (or if he had been more attractive) She would have been doing the same thing as Sarah Anne.

She very clearly came on the show to get famous and based on the instagram growth (I can find the info graphic on it) she has succeeded and she's already going on to a second show.

I want more from Brittany and Ken, they were awseome...but we aren't seeing much from them because they are actually adults and handling their stuff like adults. shame.
Petrino1
swimmerbabe11 said:

I think Sara Anne and Jeramey are wayy too villainized, personally. She sent a message that basically said "yo, if like 90% of matches, yours doesn't work out, lets see where it goes" no big. If Jeramey would have been less passive aggressive and more up front, they would have gotten the Zach and Bliss experience. Since they tried to hide it, they got villainized.

Agreed. Not enough was talked about how horrible Laura was and how much of a bully she is.
swimmerbabe11
The way she treated him in front of her family was absolutely psychotic.
Petrino1
cr0wbar said:

]
  • AD is beautiful and thiccc. Felt awful for her on her wedding day for Clay to just say "Hey - we got here. I'm waiting until the very last minute to tell you I love you but I'm not ready". Then blames it on his dad (rightfully so - but a ***** boy move). Homie - you played yourself. Cuz AD is bangin'

I disagree about AD. She ignored tons of red flags over and over with Clay. The dude was practically begging her to dump him. He kept mentioning his dads cheating, and how he was never sure he could ever settle down with one woman because of his cheating dad. He belittled her job and her schedule because she isn't as busy as him since she's a hostess at a nightclub. Sounds like AD just wanted to get married and didn't care who it was with.

AD was a hostess at a club, and claims to have mainly dated professional athletes in the past. Total red flags and we all know what kind of girls those are.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
I love how seriously people take these "engagements", both fans and some of the contestants. As if a week of literal blind dating and then an essentially forced blind engagement is anywhere near the same as a traditional one.

I have no problem with people sliding into each other's DMs after the show to shoot their shot once the metaphorical blindfolds are off. I think Sarah Ann is a trashy person, but I don't fault her for trying to get with Jaremy after they got out of the pods. It's also hilarious that Jessica was giving her crap when she was nearly doing the exact same thing with Jimmy.

Couple of thoughts on everyone:

AD- Thought she was hilarious, but she was a sh*t stirrer that seemed to always want to be in the middle of the drama. She also seemed to have terrible judgement because it was obvious from the start that Clay was a player and a gigantic red flag.

Clay- He seemed normal enough, loved his style, I just would never want him dating one of my friends as he's clearly a serial cheater. Also sh*tty of him to say no at the altar rather than just tell AD before he's not ready for marriage, which is totally reasonable given only psychos get married within 2 months of knowing each other.

Jeramey- He came off as incredibly creepy and immature. He's also a serial liar. I also don't fault him for leaving Laura though because she is the absolute WORST. And while the jet skiing thing was crazy immature and cruel, I thought it was reality TV gold, and I despise Laura, so I didn't feel too bad about it.

Laura- As I said before, she's the worst. She's bossy, mean, annoying, and gives off the "my sh*t don't stink" vibes. She was constantly complaining about incredibly minute things Jeramey did from the very start. She obviously had the right to be mad about how Jeramey lied to her and how things went down at the Lake party, but I also have very little sympathy for her given how awful she is.

Sarah Ann- She looks botched, and as stated before, has an incredibly trashy personality, her style is trashy, but I have no issue with her shooting her shot.

Jimmy- He looks like a toe, his style is terrible (does the man know how to get properly fitting pants?), and he has trouble just speaking his mind. He was clearly not into it from the start with Chelsea and he should have just been up front that he wasn't into it. That look when he finally got to see her was hilarious. Talk about a let down.

Chelsea- This woman has issues. I'm sure she's a nice person day to day, but she was absolutely irritating. She was always so damn whiny and clingy, it was nauseating. She was also very unattractive, not that Jimmy was a looker. I also love that I've seen other fans say "she never said she thought she looked like Megan Fox" ignoring the fact that Chelsea was the one who brought it up initially. She's never going to live down that comment.

Jessica- I think she's also botched and trashy. Also interesting that the botched, trashy women tend to be the ones in the middle of drama which is probably them looking for their 15 minutes. I hated that she kept trying to insert herself into the Jeramey/Laura drama during the reunion.

Brittany/Kevin- they seemed nice enough, but I just got so bored whenever they were on screen and felt the need to fast forward. I thought she was the prettiest of the women, and seemed to be the most mature and levelheaded. He just seemed so disinterested, he was also incredibly unattractive, I'm surprised Brittany actually seemed to be trying to make it work with him.

Trevor- My dude seems dumb as rocks and roided up to the gills. He was obviously just looking to get his 15 minutes. I would've respected him more if during the reunion he had just came out and said "yeah, I was here to get my name out there" rather than trying to explain away how he had a girlfriend coming onto the show.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AJ02
AG
Pretty sure Kevin is gay. My guess is he came out to Brittney after the show, and that's why they still talk daily and are so close. No way would you otherwise remain that close with your fiance like that.
swimmerbabe11
lots of people on reddit think that too. I just dont think he's attracted to white girls
Know Your Enemy
AG
You people confused the **** out of me calling him Kevin. His name is Kenneth. Lol.
Petrino1
swimmerbabe11 said:

lots of people on reddit think that too. I just dont think he's attracted to white girls

A black man not attracted to white girls?? Impossible lol. I definitely think he's gay.
swimmerbabe11
https://instagr.am/p/C4G9jZjrddT
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.