Daisy Jones and the Six

6,501 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Breggy Popup
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Milkman said:

I thought they did a pretty good job of making songs that sounded like they'd fit into that 70s, folk rock Fleetwood Mac -esque type stuff.

Agreed.
Shooter McGavin
AG
AgTrip said:

You have to keep in mind this series was adapted from a book. When reading the book you couldn't hear the music of this fictitious band. The author could only describe the songs as being hits and chart toppers for the story. I did like that she had the lyrics at the end of the book....still no music. Amazon when making the series had to put music to these already written songs..written by the author who isn't a musician.
Which made them flow poorly and sound disjointed.

I thought the songs sucked.

The actors playing Daisy and Billy didn't seem right for those roles.

I give it a C, borderline C-
Hwy30East
I enjoyed the series overall. Kind of reminded me of the movie Almost Famous in a way. I did not know this was based on a book.
TXAG 05
AG
We are about half way through. Enjoying it so far.
maroon barchetta
Leo DiCaprio is said to have dated Camila from this show. And we know he dumped her by age 25 because that's what he does.

Dude. Seriously. Leo. I know there are more fish in the sea, but this is bad.
TXAG 05
AG
Finished it last night, wish there was more of it.

Maybe a spin-off with Timothy Oliphant and the "story for another time" he mentioned.
Moral High Horse
Almost Famous the TV show
MAROON
AG
Just finished it last night - never read the book and had no idea about the story. Loved this series. They hit the mid 70's period perfectly. Yes, the music was not the greatest but honestly for the mid 70's that sound was pretty big.

All three of the main women are knock outs. Leo is an idiot - Camilla is my new #1. I thought she played a great part as well - glad she got an Emmy nomination. I think my wife might have gotten tired of me saying she was perfect every time she was on the screen!
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
Post removed:
by user
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.