Daisy Jones and the Six

6,494 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Breggy Popup
AgTrip
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I read this book several years ago about this fictitious band, the Six. I'd read the lyrics to some of their songs and search online to listen. I'd realize...DUH...they're not real and haven't been recorded. I'm excited to finally hear them played and sung in this series. I hope they follow the book because the book was amazing!

AgTrip
Just finished first episode. They've done a good job keeping close to the book. Daisy is played by Riley Keough, the granddaughter of Elvis.
AggieUSMC
AG
As a Fleetwood Mac fan, I was, needless to say, instantly hooked on this series.

(For those who don't know, Fleetwood Mac was the inspiration for the band depicted in the story)
Rudyjax
AG
I enjoyed the book, looking forward to the series.
AggieUSMC
AG
Chuck Cunningham said:

the first three episodes are already released
Rudyjax
AG
AggieUSMC said:

Chuck Cunningham said:

the first three episodes are already released

Thanks. Looking forward to carving out the time!
BJM1781
AG
Really enjoying this show, and the album of original songs they released (Aurora) is pretty damn dope. Very Rumours-like.
AgTrip
BJM1781 said:

Really enjoying this show, and the album of original songs they released (Aurora) is pretty damn dope. Very Rumours-like.
I saw they're on Spotify as well and have been listening while in the office. It's very easy to listen to.
Sazerac
AG
I'd give this a B so far.
Watchable.
Teddy Perkins
AG
The pacing seems slow to me, like they are trying to really draw out the book.
EclipseAg
AG
I've enjoyed it so far but it is a little slow. It's like a fictitious "Behind the Music" -- drugs, fights, etc.

The washed out color palate is a bit distracting, but I guess that's on purpose to make it look old???
jh0400
AG
I'm really enjoying this show and am surprised it's not getting more discussion traction on here. Either I have bad taste in TV or it would have been better suited to another platform.
EclipseAg
AG
jh0400 said:

I'm really enjoying this show and am surprised it's not getting more discussion traction on here.
Needs more superheroes or at least a Star Wars tie-in.
AgTrip
I love the story of Karen and Graham. I knew it happened having read the book but seeing it on screen and especially the actress they cast as Karen made it so much better!

An L of an Ag
AG
I liked it - despite being decidedly NOT a Fleetwood Mac fan.
Sazerac
AG
Think it still has a couple more episodes
FYI
The Milkman
AG
The Milkman
AG
Episode 7 was such a waste of an episode. Not sure why that one needed to exist. Simone's storyline isn't really a part of this
MsDoubleD81
AG
I was going to ask if anyone who read the book if that part was in it. Took up all of episode 7.
AgTrip
MsDoubleD81 said:

I was going to ask if anyone who read the book if that part was in it. Took up all of episode 7.

It was. Simone and Daisy's relationship doesn't convey in the series like the book. You can see glimpses of it but the book goes into more.
MsDoubleD81
AG
What about "that woman" in New York that took up 75% of the episode?
AgTrip
MsDoubleD81 said:

What about "that woman" in New York that took up 75% of the episode?
Yes, she's in the book. It set up the whole " dropping everything and rushing to Daisy, in Greece, in her time of need".
Iowaggie
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

The pacing seems slow to me, like they are trying to really draw out the book.

Every Amazon series I watch, I always think they are either making the episodes too long or have too many episodes or some combo where I wish there was "less".
The Milkman
AG
TBH I feel that way about most streaming series.
Candiru
AG
Good show. My wife read the book and really enjoyed the show and how true it stayed to the source.
91_Aggie
AG
I had just realized in the last two episodes that the "present day" interviews were set in the 90s.
For some reason I was thinking present day but just never did the math in my head.
I thought they were making bold style choices for 2022

Doh! They'd be old and haggard in 2022
Candiru
AG
I didn't think of that, but I guess the camcorder was 90s era.
EclipseAg
AG
I watched until the end but I'm glad it's over. The pacing was slow; Daisy was insufferable; and the disco lady storyline was unnecessary.

I enjoyed the first couple of episodes but the whole thing could have been wrapped up in six or eight.
beanbean
I just finished this last night and it was very meh. It was hard to believe they were the biggest band in the world when their music was such bland crap. Daisy, Billy, and the bass player were all totally unlikeable. The disco lady's story was boring. The only thing that was remotely near being Fleetwood Mac was that there were 3 guys and 2 women in the group and it was the 70's. Seems like they should've ended it with them getting back together for a reunion show or tour.
CenterHillAg
AG
I told my wife the music sounded like any of those male+female country groups from 2010ish, Lady Antebellum, Band Perry, etc. Background music at a failing East Texas mall kinda sound.
beanbean
Yep, you are exactly right on that. Same thing I thought. Sounded like generic pop country.
PatAg
AG
Why would the music in the show be some ground breaking, amazing music? They would just make and release that music in the real world, not use it for a show...
AgTrip
You have to keep in mind this series was adapted from a book. When reading the book you couldn't hear the music of this fictitious band. The author could only describe the songs as being hits and chart toppers for the story. I did like that she had the lyrics at the end of the book....still no music. Amazon when making the series had to put music to these already written songs..written by the author who isn't a musician.
Sazerac
AG
IMO there are some catchy / good songs

Aurora
Let me down easy
Look at us now
Regret me
The River

That's a pretty good hit rate for a made for TV set of songs
The Milkman
AG
I thought they did a pretty good job of making songs that sounded like they'd fit into that 70s, folk rock Fleetwood Mac -esque type stuff.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.