I Don't Believe Her

8,653 Views | 67 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by The Porkchop Express
DallasTeleAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Twice a day... clocks... blah blah.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

The Porkchop Express said:

So what I'm hearing is that Kate Winslet is probably better in combat than a Navy SEAL.

GI Jane 2

The Porkchop Express
Bruce Almighty said:

The Porkchop Express said:

So what I'm hearing is that Kate Winslet is probably better in combat than a Navy SEAL.

GI Jane 2
Don't take that away from Jada Pinkett!

And also, since nobody else wants to contribute.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
For OP:

agdoc2001
AG
Oh dang, you didn't mention that she was at one with the water and the space! Now I believe her.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
johnnyblaze36
AG
It is insane that people are still believing this after I put this nonsense to bed on page 1. David Blaine who has done more feats of physical and mental fortitude in the history of the world failed to get to barely over 7 minutes on his ABC special.

And we're supposed to believe that Kate Winslet pulled off the same thing? This is nothing more than film PR and promotion and it worked. I don't care either way about the movie but use some common sense here, folks.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
DEADLINE: Kate Winslet really learned to hold her breath for seven minutes underwater? That is a long time.

CAMERON: We've got the video someplace, but her record is 7 minutes and 14 seconds. Now that said, that's static apnea. She's not swimming around, she's face down, you go into a Zen trans-like state; you slow your heart rate down. She was taught how to do that. Sigourney was taught the same thing. Sigourney was doing 6 in a static apnea test. Now, what that translates to in practical terms is about 2 to three minutes of swimming and acting. Active brain function uses up a lot of oxygen; swimming and moving around uses up a lot of oxygen, so you don't get those kind of times in an actual scene.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
The Porkchop Express
Well now it's getting out of hand. Ed Harris just tweeted he held his breath for 9 hours during The Abyss.

Unemployed
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

It is insane that people are still believing this after I put this nonsense to bed on page 1. David Blaine who has done more feats of physical and mental fortitude in the history of the world failed to get to barely over 7 minutes on his ABC special.

And we're supposed to believe that Kate Winslet pulled off the same thing? This is nothing more than film PR and promotion and it worked. I don't care either way about the movie but use some common sense here, folks.
Your post said he did it for 17 minutes.
jeffk
AG
In addition to being a skill that can be developed through training, people have differing lung capacities based on genetics.
ABATTBQ11
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

It's insane that you have an ag tag and don't know the difference between 7 and 17
THE_CHOSEN_ONE
Practice hyperventilating then lying face down in water completely motionless and remaining calm. It's a lot easier to hold your breath for long periods of time than most people think.
Urban Ag
AG
I'm sorry, what are y'all arguing about again?

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Everyone else shut up. I figured it out. Kate's maiden name is Greyjoy.

StinkyPinky
AG
I can hold her breasts for 7 minutes. Oh, was that a typo?
Carlo4
AG
So Jack Dawson should have survived Titanic if she can hold her breath that long. Charge that ***** for murder.
Buck Compton
AG
I don't care if they held their breath for a long time or not. But the article saying she comes up saying "Am I dead? Did I die?" is some pretty melodramatic typical actor bull*****
cbr
AG
Frankly i dont care if she did or not, and i do find facts on the topic interesting. The bizarre part is why everyone is getting pissed off in here.
Rocagnante
AG
Wake me up when Kate tops this one:

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/tom-cruise-performs-the-most-dangerous-stunt-hes-ever-attempted-in-behind-the-scenes-clip-from-mi-7
42 years in medical field
Extremely unlikely she was able to hold her breath for over twice as long as the average person for the following reasons her age, being female (slightly reduced lung capacity), and the fact that she was filming a scene and in costume at the time of her alleged breath holding record
But more important, why would the studio even risk having a medical emergency for a big star? Even if she had breathed in pure oxygen I doubt she could do 7 minutes.
Most likely the claim is just a publicity stunt to help both the actress and the Avatar II movie. The real records that these Hollywood actors routinely break is the size of their Ego's.
The Porkchop Express
42 years in medical field said:

Extremely unlikely she was able to hold her breath for over twice as long as the average person for the following reasons her age, being female (slightly reduced lung capacity), and the fact that she was filming a scene and in costume at the time of her alleged breath holding record
But more important, why would the studio even risk having a medical emergency for a big star? Even if she had breathed in pure oxygen I doubt she could do 7 minutes.
Most likely the claim is just a publicity stunt to help both the actress and the Avatar II movie. The real records that these Hollywood actors routinely break is the size of their Ego's.
It worked! Avatar 2 was expected to only make about $10 million at the box office until this news broke, then all the kids on the tik toks heard about it and now it's quite popular!
ABATTBQ11
AG
This is a weird bump to make a sock for
LMCane
you guys are fans of Winslet when she is younger and all dolled up in Hollywood

check her out in the latest murder miniseries "Mare of Easttown"

The Porkchop Express
ABATTBQ11 said:

This is a weird bump to make a sock for
I'm a man! I've got 42 years in the medical field!

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
He actually made a sock to bump this.

Fun fact, Winslet and Tom Cruise were both trained for this by the exact same guy.

And here's the video proof that must have been doctored.

TCTTS
AG
jackie childs
so at first glance, i'd have said there's no way kate winslett held her breath for 7+ minutes.

but i also would've thought there's no way a thread about it would get almost 7k views, yet here we are...

great job kate
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Appropriate considering both events involve a dude cloning himself.
TCTTS
ABATTBQ11
AG
As much as this movie sucked, it just keeps on giving
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
It's a super power you get after being drawn like a French girl
-Ben There/R.C.
The Porkchop Express
LMCane said:

you guys are fans of Winslet when she is younger and all dolled up in Hollywood

check her out in the latest murder miniseries "Mare of Easttown"

She was the same age as me when she was in Titanic and she's the same age as me now. Wood all day
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.