Outer Range

18,931 Views | 169 Replies | Last: 23 days ago by Gigem314
Duncan Idaho
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bullocks! Just last night I pulled the torch out of the boot of my car to lift the bonnet and check the oil in my car.. it was a nice night, so I had the hood down.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

Bullocks! Just last night I pulled the torch out of the boot of my car to lift the bonnet and check the oil in my car.. it was a nice night, so I had the hood down.

LB12Diamond
AG
Hmm, well I figured this was going to happen. It will be interesting to see where it goes from there. Confession I killed him on this day. But that still does not omit the coroners report. How are they going to manage that difference. Lots of moving parts in these two episodes.
JD Shellnut
AG
scoop12 said:

What if Brolin is quiet about the hole because this isn't the first time he's seen it? He said he ran away from home. Could he have used the portal as a child to arrive wherever he is now?

During the montage, isn't there a screen of one boy pulling the other out of the ground? Maybe Wayne pulling Royal through? And I don't see how Autumn could be Royals sister, she's way too young. I like the theory of her being the granddaughter from the future.
TCTTS
AG
They need to get on with it. Six episodes in, with only two left, and it feels like the story, characters, and especially the mystery have barely moved an inch.
Apache
AG
Quote:

They need to get on with it.
Yep. I'm struggling.... they've strung out 3/4 episodes of material into 6. Having trouble paying to attention to the show... it's so freaking slow.
Sex Panther
AG
This show kinda sucks
C@LAg
going to end on a completely unsatisfactory cliffhanger, with nothing resolved.
C@LAg
scoop12 said:

What if Brolin is quiet about the hole because this isn't the first time he's seen it?
maybe it is something he snapped into existence in a prior lifetime.
Duncan Idaho
C@LAg said:

going to end on a completely unsatisfactory cliffhanger, with nothing resolved.

I'm honestly surprised that the scene of him popping out of the hole in the future wasnt the last scene
Rascal
AG
I'm halfway through ep 5 so I'm locked in, but it definitely is a slow building show and I can't make much sense of what the heck is going on.

Soundtrack is unique and cool- reminds me of the soundtrack from the Fargo TV series. (when does that return BTW)

But, the Tillerson Dad and his singing son are very cooky and weird and I can't stand looking at the Imogen Poots actress b/c she looks like what I would imagine Hilary Clinton did when she was in college. Eesh!
LB12Diamond
AG
Rascal said:

I'm halfway through ep 5 so I'm locked in, but it definitely is a slow building show and I can't make much sense of what the heck is going on.

Soundtrack is unique and cool- reminds me of the soundtrack from the Fargo TV series. (when does that return BTW)

But, the Tillerson Dad and his singing son are very cooky and weird and I can't stand looking at the Imogen Poots actress b/c she looks like what I would imagine Hilary Clinton did when she was in college. Eesh!

Great

Thanks for that mental image.
GreasenUSA
AG
Rascal said:

I couldn't put my finger on it, but I think you've nailed it. I was really loving this show. Now.. thanks a lot.
black_ice
I'll be watching the last 2 episodes tonight.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
black_ice said:

I think I have decided to go ahead and finish this. I know, not think, that this will disappoint greatly, but sometimes you gotta take a kick in the nuts to appreciate how much better the non nutshot times are.
BenTheGoodAg
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

black_ice said:

I think I have decided to go ahead and finish this. I know, not think, that this will disappoint greatly, but sometimes you gotta take a kick in the nuts to appreciate how much better the non nutshot times are.
That's so beautiful.

I'm enjoying the show.
Duncan Idaho
Was the "season 1" tag new this week?
Duncan Idaho
When is this supposed to be set? The parking lot at the roller rink could have been my high school and I am closer to brolin's age than his kids' age.
GreasenUSA
AG
Got through the finale. Fun season. Looking forward to more.

Starting to wonder if this is just a remake of Dark, but in a different setting.
black_ice
I have now completed episodes 7 and 8, which concludes season 1. I will watch season 2. Beginning on July 30.
Scriffer
AG
This show is weird as hell.

I love it.
Teddy Perkins
AG
What is up with the extra slobbery make out scenes? I was also hoping for Mastodons but a herd of buffalo is cool too.
TCTTS
AG
Last two episodes somehow got even weirder and more awkward and the whole thing just kind of spazzed out for me. It increasingly tried way too hard to be way too arcane and out there, and completely lost any kind of focus on plot in favor of so much cryptic, symbolic, supernatural bullsh*t. After eight episodes, I don't even know what the hell I just watched or what any of it meant. But at this point, I honestly couldn't care less. After such a promising start, what a pointless waste.
GreasenUSA
AG
TCTTS said:

But at this point, I honestly couldn't care less. After such a promising start, what a pointless waste.

I think they could turn this into something really cool with a solid second season, but several times during my watch list night, I found myself saying "they're just messing with us now, right?" Writers are trying to see how much crazy **** viewers will actually take.
91_Aggie
AG
TCTTS said:

Last two episodes somehow got even weirder and more awkward and the whole thing just kind of spazzed out for me. It increasingly tried way too hard to be way too arcane and out there, and completely lost any kind of focus on plot in favor of so much cryptic, symbolic, supernatural bullsh*t. After eight episodes, I don't even know what the hell I just watched or what any of it meant. But at this point, I honestly couldn't care less. After such a promising start, what a pointless waste.

I am with you in this. I was thinking "Am I just dumb or maybe I missed some symbolism? I bet TCTTS is gonna say he loved this and you non-Hollywood people just cannot understand art of this level!"
Rocagnante
AG
So the big reveal is something we all suspected anyway and the cliffhanger is a beeping pressure cooker. Can't wait for season 2!
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
That was an interesting show. I'll be curious to see where this goes.
#FJB
JD Shellnut
AG
It was weird but I liked it…..even the singing Tillerson.
LB12Diamond
AG
JD Shellnut said:

Surprised they killed him off but probably helps with the future dynamic with Amy and Royal.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Six episodes in and let's check the tale of the tape:

1% big mysterious hole
99% mediocre family drama

Might try to finish this off tonight. And damn you for the Hillary Clinton thing. At first I thought maybe they were going to sprinkle in some hairy hippie boobs. Now, I really hope they don't, and I love boobs!
TRD-Ferguson
AG
Just finished the last one. Told my wife we're going to need to drop acid to have any chance of understanding Season 2.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Next time I say I am thinking about pulling the plug just a couple episodes in, yall make sure I do, OK? Thank God that is done.
Mr President Elect
AG
91_Aggie said:

TCTTS said:

I am with you in this. I was thinking "Am I just dumb or maybe I missed some symbolism? I bet TCTTS is gonna say he loved this and you non-Hollywood people just cannot understand art of this level!"

Yeah, turned it off before the last episode even ended as it just completely lost my interest. The horrible cgi bear and buffalos were just another level of cheesy that I just couldn't take.
AgGrad99
AG
I liked it. It was a crazy ride.
javajaws
AG
LB41Diamond said:

JD Shellnut said:

Surprised they killed him off but probably helps with the future dynamic with Amy and Royal.
...and we'll never get to see if he actually learns how to kiss.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.