*** Better Call Saul - Season 6 ***

379,269 Views | 4308 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by aTmAg
jackie childs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
cbr said:

jackie childs said:

GoAgs92 said:

TV is not real life but no one is going to do what Jimmy did. 7 years at club fed vs 86 at supermax…never.
so this bothered me too, for a couple of reasons.

first, kim was really the one pushing the "ruin howard" scheme. jimmy even tried to pull her back at least once, but she insisted.

second, did anything jimmy say really help her? there is still a sworn affidavit out there and if howard's widow wants to sue kim civilly, she can. the whole point of kim confessing was to clear her conscience, is she now going to lie under oath?

third, even if kim gets sued civilly, she doesn't really appear to have much. so she gets a judgment against her, declares bankruptcy and still winds up helping out in a legal aid center.

and if jimmy/saul is the lawyer we know him to be, wouldn't he have known all of the above and realized that "coming clean" like he did wouldn't really do much to help kim?

edit: to be clear, i LOVED the finale
he wasnt helping kim alone. he realized that he was very bad for the entire world. he got all these people killed. chuck suicide. howard murder. hank and gomey. the buystanders, truckdrivers, good samaritans, even mike and some of the players. he was doing it again which got him caught. he will never resist. it was a public service.

I don't believe that at all. Everything you said was true just a few days earlier when he was claiming to be a victim and negotiating a slap on the wrist.

The only circumstance that changed was Kim facing a lawsuit
Mr President Elect
AG
I think that was more of his come-to-jesus moment. He was willing to throw Kim under the bus with revealing the Howard info, but I think learning Kim had already came clean caused him to do some self introspection.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
In case you were still wondering…

Marie WAS wearing purple

https://propstoreauction.com/lot-details/index/catalog/342/lot/92877?url=%2Fauctions%2Fcatalog%2Fid%2F342%3Fpage%3D11
Potcake
AG
TXAG 05 said:

Mort Rainey said:

Quote:

Skylar was a terrible ***** of a wife and just a horrible person. Anybody who would cheat on their dying spouse has zero redeeming value.

I think the exception to this rule is if the dying spouse is Walter ****ing White, aka the devil himself. Get a grip

Come on man, his intentions were good. If Jesse hadn't been such a wuss about everything, they all could have lived happily ever after.

What? Jesse got the F beat out of him so many times, Tuco, Hank, the gang in El Camino, even Walt got him in one of their fights.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Because I appreciated Nippy, I also placed a bid on this:
https://propstoreauction.com/lot-details/index/catalog/342/lot/92871?url=%2Fauctions%2Fcatalog%2Fid%2F342%3Fpage%3D11
oragator
I would seriously consider bidding on the mug if it had the bullet holes.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Yea, surely odenkirk got to keep that one
TXAG 05
AG
Potcake said:

TXAG 05 said:

Mort Rainey said:

Quote:

Skylar was a terrible ***** of a wife and just a horrible person. Anybody who would cheat on their dying spouse has zero redeeming value.

I think the exception to this rule is if the dying spouse is Walter ****ing White, aka the devil himself. Get a grip

Come on man, his intentions were good. If Jesse hadn't been such a wuss about everything, they all could have lived happily ever after.

What? Jesse got the F beat out of him so many times, Tuco, Hank, the gang in El Camino, even Walt got him in one of their fights.

Yeah. And then he sat around mopey about it.

Maybe I'm weird because I wanted Walt to have his big empire and get away with it. Jesse held him back from that, plus turning himself in to try to get Walt, he got Hank and Gomie killed by the Redneck Nazis.
oragator
For me it was either one of these two reasons or a combination,
He had made up mind he wanted to be clean, and the battle with the feds was just him proving to himself he do do it before letting go, he knew he had little left on the outside, no money, no one who cared about him etc.
or
Hearing Kim had come clean finally woke him up to what he had become, and he decided to follow suit. She was always the moral center of the show and kept him within bounds, and this was the last time for that. It also had the added bonus of partially reconciling with her in the process.
I thought it made a ton of sense.

The one nit I would pick with the finale was the bus scene with the chanting. It's not that the scene bothered me like some here, I just don't understand how they knew who he was. His ads weren't national. And even if he was in the papers it wasn't for his catch phrase (and unlikely those would be the folks reading it). The prison was in Colorado, and the other inmates co7ld have been from anywhere.

But it's a small issue against an really really well made finale. The thing that Gilligan and Gould did so well in both series was work towards a finale over all the years, unlike most every show that blows their wad after one or two years and just tries to hang on for the paycheck (Westworld).
Stat Monitor Repairman
The Howard's widow civil suit against Kim was a dead-beat storyline that could have been ****canned.

Even with that affidavit, the case is worthless.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Almost a week after the finale and as much as I loved BCS I am still leaning towards BB being slightly better. Easily my two favorite shows of all time.
DeangeloVickers
AG
IMO, Breaking Bad is better

I think they got better at cinematography and storyline, but Breaking Bad story top to bottom is just brilliance
DannyDuberstein
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

IMO, Breaking Bad is better

I think they got better at cinematography and storyline, but Breaking Bad story top to bottom is just brilliance

Agree with this. BCS is coming off a newness high, but BB was just amazing. I loved BCS but it's not even close IMO
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
BCS still on top for me, albeit narrowly

I loved BB. I loved BCS even more
Rascal
AG
At this point, I really can't split the two apart. They are so uniquely intertwined in a single universe that I think it's even BEST that way!
GreasenUSA
AG
I gotta have my 'splosions, so Breaking Bad is slightly in the lead for me.
TexAgs91
AG
Fight! Fight! Fight!
johnnyblaze36
AG
Ghost of Bizbee said:

Because I appreciated Nippy, I also placed a bid on this:
https://propstoreauction.com/lot-details/index/catalog/342/lot/92871?url=%2Fauctions%2Fcatalog%2Fid%2F342%3Fpage%3D11
I appreciate your appreciation of the episode. Let us know if you win. Would be really cool.
johnnyblaze36
AG
oragator said:

He had made up mind he wanted to be clean, and the battle with the feds was just him proving to himself he do do it before letting go, he knew he had little left on the outside, no money, no one who cared about him etc.
or
Hearing Kim had come clean finally woke him up to what he had become, and he decided to follow suit. She was always the moral center of the show and kept him within bounds, and this was the last time for that. It also had the added bonus of partially reconciling with her in the process.

The one nit I would pick with the finale was the bus scene with the chanting. It's not that the scene bothered me like some here, I just don't understand how they knew who he was. His ads weren't national. And even if he was in the papers it wasn't for his catch phrase (and unlikely those would be the folks reading it). The prison was in Colorado, and the other inmates co7ld have been from anywhere.

But it's a small issue against an really really well made finale. The thing that Gilligan and Gould did so well in both series was work towards a finale over all the years, unlike most every show that blows their wad after one or two years and just tries to hang on for the paycheck (Westworld).
Wouldn't one assume though that he was well known everywhere after all that took place in the BB timeline? His name would be all over the national news in the wake of the Walter White demise.

I get it's a fictional show but put into reality, DEA agents have been killed, and all the other events that are too many to type happened. One would have to live in a bubble not to have seen a Better Call Saul ad on the national news when they hear about everything else that transpired.

Everyone knew who he was, hence the instant reaction sparked by Delores' life alert calling out Saul Goodman. He was a national figure similar to being someone on an America's Most Wanted list. At least that's how I view it.

double aught
AG
Could any of us name a single person on the current most wanted list?
Stat Monitor Repairman
They did release that American Greed episode.

At the time I took it as some sort of special feature / promo bonus material.

Now I think it was an essential part of the show.

You know, in hindsight.

Confirms that Saul may have been a household name like jb said above.

You look at carol burnett's life alert call. 'He's a wanted fugitive and his name is Saul Goodman!'

Maybe she was watching American Greed on youtube when Saul turned up at the house.
torrid
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

They did release that American Greed episode.

At the time I took it as some sort of special feature / promo bonus material.

Now I think it was an essential part of the show.

You know, in hindsight.

Confirms that Saul may have been a household name like jb said above.

You look at carol burnett's life alert call. 'He's a wanted fugitive and his name is Saul Goodman!'

Maybe she was watching American Greed on youtube when Saul turned up at the house.
I like the scene at the police station where the cops are all huddled around a computer watching him on YouTube, realizing just who they have caught.
Know Your Enemy
AG
She was watching a Better Call Saul commercial when he walked in.
oragator
She said she googled con man and Albuquerque and he was the first thing that came up. That's how she found it.
Fairview
AG
I believe she "asked Jeeves" and didn't Google it.
Rudyjax
AG
oragator said:

She said she googled con man and Albuquerque and he was the first thing that came up. That's how she found it.
I didn't think of it before, dumb me.

But if you google that a Better Call Saul commercial comes up #1.
oragator
Also, if Saul was a national figure, someone other than the guy who knew him from Albuquerque would have likely recognized him in Omaha. Kind of hard to have it both ways - he's known enough that the prisoners knew him but not well enough known that anyone else did.
Again, not a huge deal against the brilliance of the show. Just something that I wasn't down with.
Know Your Enemy
AG
oragator said:

Also, if Saul was a national figure, someone other than the guy who knew him from Albuquerque would have likely recognized him in Omaha. Kind of hard to have it both ways - he's known enough that the prisoners knew him but not well enough known that anyone else did.
Again, not a huge deal against the brilliance of the show. Just something that I wasn't down with.
I get what you are saying but in Omaha he was in disguise with glasses & a mustache (and a hairpiece?). On the bus he was clean shaven & without the glasses.
oragator
And yet the guy in Omaha who had been in ABQ recognized him.
cbr
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

oragator said:

or

Wouldn't one assume though that he was well known everywhere after all that took place in the BB timeline? His name would be all over the national news in the wake of the Walter White demise.

I get it's a fictional show but put into reality, DEA agents have been killed, and all the other events that are too many to type happened. One would have to live in a bubble not to have seen a Better Call Saul ad on the national news when they hear about everything else that transpired.

Everyone knew who he was, hence the instant reaction sparked by Delores' life alert calling out Saul Goodman. He was a national figure similar to being someone on an America's Most Wanted list. At least that's how I view it.

Famous criminals get real famous among criminals. I didnt think it was unrealistic at all
cbr
AG
jackie childs said:

cbr said:

jackie childs said:

GoAgs92 said:

TV is not real life but no one is going to do what Jimmy did. 7 years at club fed vs 86 at supermax…never.
so this bothered me too, for a couple of reasons.

first, kim was really the one pushing the "ruin howard" scheme. jimmy even tried to pull her back at least once, but she insisted.

second, did anything jimmy say really help her? there is still a sworn affidavit out there and if howard's widow wants to sue kim civilly, she can. the whole point of kim confessing was to clear her conscience, is she now going to lie under oath?

third, even if kim gets sued civilly, she doesn't really appear to have much. so she gets a judgment against her, declares bankruptcy and still winds up helping out in a legal aid center.

and if jimmy/saul is the lawyer we know him to be, wouldn't he have known all of the above and realized that "coming clean" like he did wouldn't really do much to help kim?

edit: to be clear, i LOVED the finale
he wasnt helping kim alone. he realized that he was very bad for the entire world. he got all these people killed. chuck suicide. howard murder. hank and gomey. the buystanders, truckdrivers, good samaritans, even mike and some of the players. he was doing it again which got him caught. he will never resist. it was a public service.

I don't believe that at all. Everything you said was true just a few days earlier when he was claiming to be a victim and negotiating a slap on the wrist.

The only circumstance that changed was Kim facing a lawsuit
Ok, well i cant justify his action any other way. It made sense to me. Nothing else would.
Gigem314
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

But he didn't defeat Saul completely. He went right back to being Saul once it benefited him in Jail.

Was I the only one that thougjt the gaurd was going to take him to the warden for legal advice like Shawshank?
I read it differently.

I saw Jimmy being Jimmy...using the perception of him as Saul to make the most out of his situation.

It doesn't show him making any sinister deals like Saul would have. He's just not arguing with the way others see him. Much like he did with his elderly clients that saw him as "Honest, sweet, Jimmy who loves hearing about my grandkids".

Just my interpretation.
Know Your Enemy
AG
oragator said:

And yet the guy in Omaha who had been in ABQ recognized him.
Because he was a criminal from ABQ. Are you really that dense?
Rudyjax
AG
cbr said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

oragator said:

or

Famous criminals get real famous among criminals. I didnt think it was unrealistic at all

Plus it was probably a huge news story.
GreasenUSA
AG
Ken Scarborough said:

oragator said:

I didn't think of it before, dumb me.

But if you google that a Better Call Saul commercial comes up #1.
https://conmanalbuquerque.com/
First Page Last Page
Page 119 of 124

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.