*** Better Call Saul - Season 6 ***

379,280 Views | 4308 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by aTmAg
GoAgs92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TV is not real life but no one is going to do what Jimmy did. 7 years at club fed vs 86 at supermax…never.
Teddy Perkins
AG
GoAgs92 said:

TV is not real life but no one is going to do what Jimmy did. 7 years at club fed vs 86 at supermax…never.
I would do anything for love, I WOULD DO ANYTHING FOR LOVE.......but I won't do that.
Post removed:
by user
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Final RT critics scores:

S1 - 97%
S2 - 97%
S3 - 98%
S4 - 99%
S5 - 99%
S6 - 99%
GoAgs92
AG
Someone pointed out that waterworks in monopoly is two spaces before go to jail.

And waterworks was the name of the episode two before the final.

Writers were so good.
Rascal
AG
Meh you are reaching.

Waterworks was 1 episode before the finale.

Doesn't fit this theory.

It was all tied to Kim's emotional breakdown and that she worked for a sprinkler company.
GoAgs92
AG
Rascal said:

Meh you are reaching.

Waterworks was 1 episode before the finale.

Doesn't fit this theory.

It was all tied to Kim's emotional breakdown and that she worked for a sprinkler company.
That's what dullards would conclude.
Stat Monitor Repairman
GoAgs92 said:

Been trying to justify this.

He should have stfu and listened to Oakman.
Potcake
AG
GoAgs92 said:

He also went to a prison where he got props for being Saul and less likely to get raped.
PatAg
AG
GoAgs92 said:

Someone pointed out that waterworks in monopoly is two spaces before go to jail.

And waterworks was the name of the episode two before the final.

Writers were so good.
Waterworks was the penultimate episode, not 2 from the final

However, the theory was so good I believed it until I looked that up.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Potcake said:

GoAgs92 said:

He also went to a prison where he got props for being Saul and less likely to get raped.
He'd be a hero among the white collar folks too.

Either way he gets out in 5 years and runs a private law practice with book of clients that pay cash.

Oakman should have raised hell and demanded a recess. Told Kim to gtfo the courtroom. Gave Saul a come to Jesus. Gone back in and finalized that deal.

Thats a great ending.

More time that goes by. I think they went too far with the 86 years. I get where they were trying to go, but they went too far. It's one extra twist the story didn't need.

You know, imo.

mazzag
AG
Well it was 2nd from the finale. Marvin Gardens is right before the finale.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_King_of_Marvin_Gardens

Duncan Idaho
That did not suck. Ever

Just the level of quality that these shows delivered over 13 years is just insane to think about.
Mort Rainey
Quote:

Skylar was a terrible ***** of a wife and just a horrible person. Anybody who would cheat on their dying spouse has zero redeeming value.

I think the exception to this rule is if the dying spouse is Walter ****ing White, aka the devil himself. Get a grip
Johnsy3
AG
I'm not sure how many people are like me and enjoy The Ringer, but they have some great BCS articles this week.

Here is their ranking of the 25 best BCS episodes.

Spoiler alert, they rank Nippy as #20. If you are one of those people who only like 'splosions (am I doing this right?) then maybe this list isn't for you
TXAG 05
AG
Mort Rainey said:

Quote:

Skylar was a terrible ***** of a wife and just a horrible person. Anybody who would cheat on their dying spouse has zero redeeming value.

I think the exception to this rule is if the dying spouse is Walter ****ing White, aka the devil himself. Get a grip

Come on man, his intentions were good. If Jesse hadn't been such a wuss about everything, they all could have lived happily ever after.
DTP02
AG
A lot of comments about Saul's courtroom confession just being about love, and I think that misses the mark. That's a big part of it, and maybe the sole driver when he set it up, but in the end it was about reclaiming his soul as James McGill. The full confession is what it took for Jimmy to defeat Saul permanently and get absolution, not just from Kim but himself.

Was that his plan the whole time? I read the scene more as it starting mostly in a controlled manner to confess just enough in Kim's eyes that she would reconcile (at least emotionally) with him. But that when he started to get into it all it went from partially practiced remorse, a halfway act of contrition, to getting it all out there. It was cathartic, and it had to be done to kill off Saul.
Duncan Idaho
But he didn't defeat Saul completely. He went right back to being Saul once it benefited him in Jail.

Was I the only one that thougjt the gaurd was going to take him to the warden for legal advice like Shawshank?
Stat Monitor Repairman
Agreed. No way he would get reprieve from being Saul in jail. He's Saul 24/7 now for rest of life.
Know Your Enemy
AG
I think it was 100% to get redemption with Kim even if it meant spending the rest of his life in prison. If he had taken the deal he would have spent 7 years in that cushy prison and then be released to a life of having nothing or no one.
Cromagnum
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

That did not suck. Ever

Just the level of quality that these shows delivered over 13 years is just insane to think about.

Seriously. BB had like one miss (Fly), and BCS had a small handful of slower episodes, but they always had a payoff somewhere.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Know Your Enemy said:

he would have spent 7 years in that cushy prison and then be released to a life of having nothing or no one.
Hell no. He gets out of jail and got a million dollar book of clients and immediately gettin after it. Kim be in her late 40s and would be beggin for Saul to sling some that **** her way.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Saul don't give a mother **** about no bar.

He'd get out and be the most famous legal professional in the nation. His phone be ringing off the hook.
JD Shellnut
AG
He'd at least have a book deal, and a very successful podcast, I would wager.
Post removed:
by user
Know Your Enemy
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Know Your Enemy said:

he would have spent 7 years in that cushy prison and then be released to a life of having nothing or no one.
Hell no. He gets out of jail and got a million dollar book of clients and immediately gettin after it. Kim be in her late 40s and would be beggin for Saul to sling some that **** her way.
He'd have no career and Kim would have nothing to do with him. I know you're tying to be funny here but his life would have been miserable after he got out had he taken the deal.
Stat Monitor Repairman
He'd be out of control and right back in the mix.
Know Your Enemy
AG

Right back in the mix of what?
Complete Idiot
Know Your Enemy said:

Kim's real mayo.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Know Your Enemy said:

The criminal world he just got out of. He'd be right back in it.

You lookin at a Br'er Rabbit / Br'er Fox situation.

Jimmy got thrown right back into the briar patch.
jackie childs
GoAgs92 said:

so this bothered me too, for a couple of reasons.

first, kim was really the one pushing the "ruin howard" scheme. jimmy even tried to pull her back at least once, but she insisted.

second, did anything jimmy say really help her? there is still a sworn affidavit out there and if howard's widow wants to sue kim civilly, she can. the whole point of kim confessing was to clear her conscience, is she now going to lie under oath?

third, even if kim gets sued civilly, she doesn't really appear to have much. so she gets a judgment against her, declares bankruptcy and still winds up helping out in a legal aid center.

and if jimmy/saul is the lawyer we know him to be, wouldn't he have known all of the above and realized that "coming clean" like he did wouldn't really do much to help kim?

edit: to be clear, i LOVED the finale
Stat Monitor Repairman
You right about all of that.
k20dub
AG
cbr
AG
jackie childs said:

GoAgs92 said:

so this bothered me too, for a couple of reasons.

first, kim was really the one pushing the "ruin howard" scheme. jimmy even tried to pull her back at least once, but she insisted.

second, did anything jimmy say really help her? there is still a sworn affidavit out there and if howard's widow wants to sue kim civilly, she can. the whole point of kim confessing was to clear her conscience, is she now going to lie under oath?

third, even if kim gets sued civilly, she doesn't really appear to have much. so she gets a judgment against her, declares bankruptcy and still winds up helping out in a legal aid center.

and if jimmy/saul is the lawyer we know him to be, wouldn't he have known all of the above and realized that "coming clean" like he did wouldn't really do much to help kim?

edit: to be clear, i LOVED the finale
he wasnt helping kim alone. he realized that he was very bad for the entire world. he got all these people killed. chuck suicide. howard murder. hank and gomey. the buystanders, truckdrivers, good samaritans, even mike and some of the players. he was doing it again which got him caught. he will never resist. it was a public service.
First Page Last Page
Page 118 of 124

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.