*** Better Call Saul - Season 6 ***

379,299 Views | 4308 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by aTmAg
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

AgGrad99
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

AgGrad99 said:

Know Your Enemy said:

AgGrad99 said:

I might be alone here, but I didnt really care for the last few black & white episodes. Felt a bit unnecessary and shoe-horned in, to me.
Did you not like them because of the black & white or because of the story?
The story.

I didnt mind the black and white at all.
Fair enough but without them Jimmy/Saul/Gene never gets caught and there is no ending.
I hear ya. That didnt have to be the way he got caught though. I just felt like they drew it out a bit, to fill some episode time. For example, I didnt need to see Jeffy training for the mall theft, which didnt really accomplish anything. I know Im nitpicking. But to me, it just seemed very tangential, and a bit of a random left turn at the end.

But I really enjoyed the season, and the finale. That part just seemed to stand out to me.
Potcake
AG
oragator said:

So what should the next piece be? Because there will be something else Lee done, I don't care what they say.

The rise of Fring?
Jesse in Alaska?
Lalo's rise?
The rise of the Salamanca's?

How about post-BB Huell Babineaux in New Orleans?
bigjag19
AG
I'm waiting for the spin-off with the 1 man who set the entire chain of events into motion:

Chuck
AgE2theBONE
AG
No more prequels. If we're gonna stay in this universe then make it a sequel and give us some new characters.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Man, Franken is a horrible interviewer. That was just a piss poor Letterman impersonation.
torrid
AG
Saul is one of the few supporting characters in the entire history who was worthy of having his own spin-off.
Stat Monitor Repairman
That initial scene in with the prosecutors where Saul negotiates the deal was one of the best I've ever seen.

Outstanding writing on that.

You got all these ivy league feds in there and Saul runs their ass through the ringer. Was an outstanding scene. Maybe the best in the series.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Mesa verde didn't make a comeback for you
Duckhook
AG
AgGrad99 said:

Know Your Enemy said:

AgGrad99 said:

Know Your Enemy said:

AgGrad99 said:

I might be alone here, but I didnt really care for the last few black & white episodes. Felt a bit unnecessary and shoe-horned in, to me.
Did you not like them because of the black & white or because of the story?
The story.

I didnt mind the black and white at all.
Fair enough but without them Jimmy/Saul/Gene never gets caught and there is no ending.
I hear ya. That didnt have to be the way he got caught though. I just felt like they drew it out a bit, to fill some episode time. For example, I didnt need to see Jeffy training for the mall theft, which didnt really accomplish anything. I know Im nitpicking. But to me, it just seemed very tangential, and a bit of a random left turn at the end.

Wow. Lucky you weren't around right after that episode aired. The thread was in an uproar. Mouthbreathers vs Gilligan-fart-smelling fanboys.

I agree with you.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Hey, I hear Transformers is on tonight. Set your dvr
Duckhook
AG
Ghost of Bizbee said:

I prefer My Dinner With Andre. Spellbinding.
GoAgs92
AG
I think he needed the money, he had just talked about how the feds took EVERYTHING, so if he had to run again he needed GO money.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Ghost of Bizbee said:

Mesa verde didn't make a comeback for you.
Cut for time, I'm sure.
PatAg
AG
You need a new hobby
Ag_07
AG
AgE2theBONE said:

No more prequels. If we're gonna stay in this universe then make it a sequel and give us some new characters.

I'm telling you...The vacuum guy needs his own series.

New storyline with new characters but enough of a crossover to get some traction. Same universe but a ton of new doors to open.

Can go into how he got where he is and how he operates and who he hides (besides Walt and Saul).
DannyDuberstein
AG
His being dead poses a problem
DannyDuberstein
AG
All good things must come to an end. This was a great finish and bow to tie on it. No need to milk it to death. That always goes south eventually
Bosco
AG
Just a beautiful and heart wrenching final scene.

Kim looking back at him until the very end.

Suddenly you get the rush of all those times in the old apartment, thinking of schemes, discussing law etc…the black & white made it that much better.

I'll be following Gilligan to see what his next series is like for sure.
"...suspect is hatless, repeat hatless."
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
AgE2theBONE said:

Breaking Bad 2: Flynn's Revenge

No joke, in 2014 RJ Mitte did a DJ tour. We went to see him in NYC. It was called "Breaking Beats". He had 5 opening acts and didn't come on until 1:30 in the morning

He wasn't particularly good as a DJ, but he started with the BB opening theme and then threw out little plastic zip locs with crushed blue rock candy in them to the crowd.

It was incredible lol
johnnyblaze36
AG
Ghost of Bizbee said:

Your obsession with calling out posters that didn't like "Nippy" as much as you and continuing to equate it with people that only enjoy Michael Bay films and "S'plosions" is tiresome and flat out weird.

Give it a rest, bud.

Another Doug
AG
Ag00Ag said:

Saul and Gus may be gone, but Bob and Giancarlo arn'r going anywhere!

Saul will be in Straight Man which is a book I really liked back when I read it 20+ years ago. Its about a smart ass college professor, he will probably be good at it. It's a Richard Russo book, which is kinda like a less wierd John Irving.
Cromagnum
AG
Damn. Rhea is smoking in that red number.
jackie childs
DannyDuberstein said:

All good things must come to an end. This was a great finish and bow to tie on it. No need to milk it to death. That always goes south eventually
i think what Danny is saying is he wants the next series to be the Hector Salamanca prequel...Bell on Wheels
Know Your Enemy
AG
Bosco said:

I'll be following Gilligan to see what his next series is like for sure.
Gilligan deserves every ounce of praise he gets but everyone seems to forget Peter Gould was just as important. From what I've read he was the one in control of BCS where Gilligan was the lead guy for BB. But in the end it was a partnership that made these shows so amazing.
Know Your Enemy
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

His being dead poses a problem
Just CGI him. Problem solved.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

Ghost of Bizbee said:

Your obsession with calling out posters that didn't like "Nippy" as much as you and continuing to equate it with people that only enjoy Michael Bay films and "S'plosions" is tiresome and flat out weird.

Give it a rest, bud.

You forget several of you keep bringing it up. Two way street. Move along
PatAg
AG
Ghost of Bizbee said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

Ghost of Bizbee said:

Give it a rest, bud.

You forget several of you keep bringing it up. Two way street. Move along
Yea, people should stop coming to the thread to troll and then Bizbee will stop calling them out. He is doing the Lords work
75AG
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

Man, Franken is a horrible interviewer. That was just a piss poor Letterman impersonation.
Yep, he's not a good interviewer. But damn, what a great monologue!
Buck Turgidson
aTmAg said:

PatAg said:

We were supposed to not like Skylar, as we primarily viewed the show through Walt's eyes. She was very well written in that regard.
The first time I watched the show, I hated Skylar. On the rewatches, I understood completely where she was coming from. A lot of other shows would have kept her in the dark or willingly ignorant (like Sopranos). BB took the hard route and made her smart and headstrong. That was a much more difficult thing to do and they did a masterful job at it.
Skylar was a terrible ***** of a wife and just a horrible person. Anybody who would cheat on their dying spouse has zero redeeming value. She would go to Hell for sure. That said, she was right about everything in terms of not wanting anything to do with the drug cartels. I viscerally hated her, but she was right.

Being able to feel that strongly about a fictional character is due to really good script writing, casting and acting.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Skyler lost me in S1 E1 with that half-ass hand job.
Mr.Bond
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

TCTTS
AG
johnnyblaze36
AG

NVM.
TriumphForks
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

And yet it was a perfect description of their relationship.
First Page Last Page
Page 117 of 124

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.