*** Better Call Saul - Season 6 ***

379,399 Views | 4308 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by aTmAg
oragator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rudyjax
AG
Did Saul know who actually killed Hank and Gomez?

Bosco
AG
larry culpepper said:

That scene of them sharing a cigarette at the prison was perfect. Such a satisfying ending. Made me tear up a little. Beautifully written.

Kim looking back and him sliding out of view for me.
"...suspect is hatless, repeat hatless."
cbr
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

The second date in 1984 I think it was is when he took his first bribe, If he never did that Matty never would have been in danger. That would have redeemed himself and also saved his son. That is why he changed it.
Dont disgree but the real question is - what if it made no difference to matty?

Makes you think.
Rudyjax
AG
The other reason why time travel is impossible is that it's just not time. It's location.

We're billons of miles from where the earth was in 1984.
TXAG 05
AG
Ken Scarborough said:

I would think it would have come up in conversation while he and Walter were hiding out.
Know Your Enemy
AG
cbr said:

Know Your Enemy said:

The second date in 1984 I think it was is when he took his first bribe, If he never did that Matty never would have been in danger. That would have redeemed himself and also saved his son. That is why he changed it.

Makes you think.
Uh, what?
Seven Costanza
AG
I'm guessing that Anna Gunn didn't want to make a cameo because everyone hated her character so much. She complained about it quite a bit at the time.
barbacoa taco
AG
TXAG 05 said:

Ken Scarborough said:

I would think it would have come up in conversation while he and Walter were hiding out.
Pretty sure it did since Walt tried to get Saul on board with hitting Jack and the nazis.
barbacoa taco
AG
Seven Costanza said:

I'm guessing that Anna Gunn didn't want to make a cameo because everyone hated her character so much. She complained about it quite a bit at the time.
either that or it's implied that Skyler was so scarred by all of this that she wanted nothing to do with any of it after taking her plea deal
TXAG 05
AG
larry culpepper said:

Seven Costanza said:

either that or it's implied that Skyler was so scarred by all of this that she wanted nothing to do with any of it after taking her plea deal

She is also not a victim like Marie and Gomez's wife is.

Realistically, she is probably in witness protection, jail or at least house arrest. Also, like someone else said, Marie and Skyler are most likely not on good terms right now.
Mr.Bond
AG
Amazing foreshadowing I saw on a review video....

Opening scene of season 6 while FBI was cleaning out Saul's house they were shown putting a cardboard cut out of him into a dumpster....... cut to last episode and cops find Saul in dumpster
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

aTmAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Have you seen Dark on Netflix?

If not, you need to make that your next binge.
Thanks for the suggestion.. I'll check it out.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

My view is that Jimmy was going off the rails as Gene and taking greater risks, which has been in his nature. Just without this much on the line. His bumbling "on the run from the law" was perfect. All of maybe 8 minutes. Right before it happened I said "you're gonna spill your diamonds" and so they never came in play.

This. That's why in the jail cell he punched the door and said to himself "What were you thinking?!". He got extra sloppy and knew it.
Quad Dog
AG
Jimmy was trying to take the blame for Howard off of Kim so she wouldn't get sued. But I don't think his speech in the courtroom achieved that. But I'm not a lawyer.

Liked that the cigarette they shared was in color. Everything that was a part of the past was in color.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Seven Costanza said:

Peter Gould said he didn't want to overload the finale with cameos. Plus he said he couldn't find a good reason to bring her or some of the other characters back.
fav13andac1)c
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Amazing foreshadowing I saw on a review video....

Opening scene of season 6 while FBI was cleaning out Saul's house they were shown putting a cardboard cut out of him into a dumpster....... cut to last episode and cops find Saul in dumpster
I would love to watch that opening scene again. I'm pretty sure Chuck was reading The Time Machine in the flashback, which was on Saul's bedside table in the opening sequence. And then the flashbacks literally talking about what they would change if they had a time machine. So many cool details and symbolism throughout.
fav13andac1)c
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Have you seen Dark on Netflix?

If not, you need to make that your next binge.
I love Dark. Just be prepared to fully invest in the show. It is very demanding and not really for casual viewers. You have to pay attention and keep track of many different characters and family trees, plot points, etc. If you're good with that, you will be rewarded with one of the most satisfying, airtight shows ever created. I've never seen a show go so complex while wrapping up everything neatly in a bow at the end.
Geriatric Punk
AG
Fun ride. I was hoping for a different ending, but it was fitting. ADX Florence (called ADX Montrose in BCS) is the place in the states for the worst of the worst. I cringed when they drove past the sign.

Enjoyed reading all of your comments. Made the series that much more enjoyable. Cheers, everyone.

Life's an endless party, not a punch card.
cbr
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

cbr said:

Know Your Enemy said:

Makes you think.
Uh, what?
Matty could have gone down that path on his own
Quad Dog
AG
My only problem was that Saul kept asking everyone about going into the past in their time machine, but in the Time Machine by Wells the protagonist doesn't go into the past, only the future.
Tobias Funke
AG
Ken Scarborough said:

The other reason why time travel is impossible is that it's just not time. It's location.

Like anyone could know that
Rudyjax
AG
Tobias Funke said:

Ken Scarborough said:

The universe moves 485,0000 MPH.

So 1984 to 2009, the earth has moved

1.06215E+11 Miles.

I have no idea what that number is.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Love makes you do crazy things. That's the moral of the story for me. Those hormones start swimming around in your nuts, you start acting against your own interest. Like not taking the 7-years and being done with it.

Right before confessing in open court is where the series should have ended. Kim comes and visits, or doesn't come visit it wouldn't have mattered.

Point is,

It seems like they tried hard to close out Saul. We might find out that Bob said the character is done after this. If Saul got 7-years we'd be immediately be talking about a Saul release from jail movie or even a new show. I guess they wanted to be done with the character. The 86 years makes that clear.
Stat Monitor Repairman
I wanted Saul to win. I wished he would have taken the 7-years. He negotiated himself into absolute best possible scenario. You ain't getting better than that deal. 7-years is Saul winning. Coming out of the deal unscathed.

Seem's like prison may have been a relief. He wanted out of the game for good. Dude would have constant anxiety about getting out and who was gonna come after him. He might have wanted some peace in his life and the only place he could get that was in prison.

He ended up king with the prisoners and a celebrity to the guards. He had to have known that. that's why the bus scene was disingenuous, imo.

Saul went from baking in a dead mall to baking Artisan bread in Alacraz of the Rockies.
AgFormerlyInIrving
AG
Reading about inmates at the Supermax facility he was assigned to... because what else would I be doing today? Working??

Really interesting stuff.
Tobias Funke
AG
Ken Scarborough said:

Tobias Funke said:

Ken Scarborough said:

The universe moves 485,0000 MPH.

So 1984 to 2009, the earth has moved

1.06215E+11 Miles.

Yeah right, like anyone could know any of that
Know Your Enemy
AG
cbr said:

Know Your Enemy said:

cbr said:

Know Your Enemy said:

Makes you think.
Uh, what?
Matty could have gone down that path on his own
And monkeys might fly out of my butt.

It's almost like you didn't watch the show. Mike told Matty's wife that he had to push him into the dirty side of being a cop against his will. If it weren't for his dad doing so he never would have entertained that notion.

Know Your Enemy
AG
Quote:

He was the strongest person that I ever knew. He'd have never done it, not even to save himself. I was the only one... I was the only one that could get him to debase himself like that.
aggiejohn
AG
Ken Scarborough said:

1.06215E+11 Miles.

I think it is 12.06215E Miles.
JYDog90
AG
AgFormerlyInIrving said:

Reading about inmates at the Supermax facility he was assigned to... because what else would I be doing today? Working??

Really interesting stuff.
yeah, everything I've read suggests that real life at the Supermax looks absolutely NOTHING like the life BCS depicted for Saul. Nevertheless, it was a great ending. My wife has never seen an episode and she sat down to watch the last 45 minutes last night and she asked if it was all that I'd hoped it would be. I told her that we've got 40 minutes left and I have absolutely no idea how this is going to end. That's a good finale.
Rudyjax
AG
aggiejohn said:

Ken Scarborough said:

1.06215E+11 Miles.

I did the math wrong. I did 25 years, not 15.
RC_57
AG
Complete Idiot said:

Marie's appearance was surprising, since it happened I guess I am slightly surprised we didn't see Skylar somehow.
Possibly because Marie's feature/build does not look to have that changed that much from the BB days, but man. Have you seen Skylar lately?
bigjag19
AG
I don't think he was considered extremely dangerous and therefore in the 23 hour a day cells.
LouisHerbertWong
AG
Ken Scarborough said:

aggiejohn said:

Ken Scarborough said:

1.06215E+11 Miles.

I did the math wrong. I did 25 years, not 15.
First Page Last Page
Page 113 of 124

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.