*** Better Call Saul - Season 6 ***

379,555 Views | 4308 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by aTmAg
Ervin Burrell
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Stive said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

Thought it was a great episode but what made Carol Burnett's character go from watching cat videos to suddenly thinking Gene was some conman from Albuquerque? I thought he handled the phone call well with her so that seemed like a bit of a stretch. Maybe I'm just nitpicking.

He was talking about the difference in bail in the two states/cities and it clued her in that he had been there and was familiar with their bail rules (as well as Nebraska's). That got her curious and it wasn't a big leap from there.
Good catch.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

rucker said:

I made a joke about a popular BCS meme about a sequel with Kim and a certain word that rhymes with her name
Mulva?

Dolores?
Gipple
Mike92
AG
oragator said:

Carol was already suspicious last week, they had that short scene of them going to the shed or detached garage and her seeing the three of them out here in the middle of the night. Then Gene starts talking about the laws in Albuquerque, and she got suspicious that this guy was from her son's past life. Made perfect sense to me.
Carol also asked Gene if Buddy was in any trouble as well. I wonder if that reinforced her suspicions? It seems more likely that he would call Buddy instead of Gene to get him out of jail, or that Buddy would be the one to call Carol, since they were friends for much longer than he's known Gene.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Tobias Funke said:

Didn't even notice when it happened, but the BCS commercial on the laptop was in color

I don't get how y'all missed that. It's the second time they've done the color reflection off his glasses. The other was the very first episode when he gets home from Cinnabon, pours himself a drink, and puts in the old tapes of his commercials. The color symbolizes the good old days for him.
OSOB
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Complete Idiot said:

Was sad to see Kim making copies.

"I'm not the kind of girl who gives up just like that" lyrics seemed meaningful after prior scenes.

Was pretty shocking to see how cold Jimmy was to Kim while signing papers.

Ball knocking over styrofoam pillar was funny to me.

Love seeing an elderly person take out Jimmy after how he would manipulate them - albeit with a soft touch - during Sandpiper prep.
Jimmy was nervous before Kim came in. Bouncing the ball, checking his reflection, staring over the divorce papers. There's still a part of him that knows what he let get away. The coldness is just an act. The Styrofoam pillar represents that. He's got these giant stone pillars in his office and he hits once with a ball and it falls over. Instead of crashing onto the desk like you'd expect it does nothing. It's fake. A facade, just like Saul. They're very intentional with their symbolism.
OSOB
not hedge
The good old days of pissing off your ex wife while signing your divorce papers to become a scumbag lawyer
Ervin Burrell
AG
OldShadeOfBlue said:

Tobias Funke said:

Didn't even notice when it happened, but the BCS commercial on the laptop was in color

I don't get how y'all missed that. It's the second time they've done the color reflection off his glasses. The other was the very first episode when he gets home from Cinnabon, pours himself a drink, and puts in the old tapes of his commercials. The color symbolizes the good old days for him.
You don't get how someone could have missed/forgotten something that happened in an episode that aired 7 years ago?
TXAG 05
AG
Tobias Funke said:

I rewound it and it looks like 1) He expected them to give chase, and being an idiot he just gunned it, so 2) It's snowy/icy out and he just completely lost control.

That was a great scene. Cops just minding their own business debating the merits of tacos, and he's over there having a full panic attack. I think we can all probably relate

I think it was intentional based on the conversation when Jeffie is in jail. It seemed rehearsed, like they planned it.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

I get the hair color and frumpy clothes, even the mind numbing job, but why did they write her to be such a tool with that dude and the whole discussion. I can see her being weird around the Karens but why tie yourself to that complete loser?
You need to understand Kim's character to realize why she is where she is. As much of a winner and go-getter she is, she's always been aware of fighting for what people deserve. Justice is a real virtue of hers. While Saul claims to fight for justice she actually believes in it.

After the death of Howard she left her life and career to punish herself. She is right where she thinks she deserves to be. This is a hell of her own making and she's okay with that. She knows she's capable of more but this is her sentence.
OSOB
Capstone
AG
It would have been epic if they were able to get ask.com to put a link to the Saul Goodman commercial, appearing near/at the top of a search, using the keywords of con man and Albuquerque… at least for a day or two following episodes release.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Ervin Burrell said:

OldShadeOfBlue said:

Tobias Funke said:

You don't get how someone could have missed/forgotten something that happened in an episode that aired 7 years ago?
Not what I said. I was just reminding y'all that it's not the first time it's been used. I don't know how y'all missed it from last night. It's like missing the girl in the red coat in Schindlers list.
OSOB
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
I'm just sad Marion realizes Nippy wasn't real

Heartbreaking
Complete Idiot
OldShadeOfBlue said:

Complete Idiot said:

Was sad to see Kim making copies.

"I'm not the kind of girl who gives up just like that" lyrics seemed meaningful after prior scenes.

Was pretty shocking to see how cold Jimmy was to Kim while signing papers.

Ball knocking over styrofoam pillar was funny to me.

Love seeing an elderly person take out Jimmy after how he would manipulate them - albeit with a soft touch - during Sandpiper prep.
Jimmy was nervous before Kim came in. Bouncing the ball, checking his reflection, staring over the divorce papers. There's still a part of him that knows what he let get away. The coldness is just an act. The Styrofoam pillar represents that. He's got these giant stone pillars in his office and he hits once with a ball and it falls over. Instead of crashing onto the desk like you'd expect it does nothing. It's fake. A facade, just like Saul. They're very intentional with their symbolism.
Agree with all that. Writers have made it pretty clear how Jimmy tries to bury the hurt, it's the whole basis of the Saul persona.

We saw a cardboard cutout Jimmy thrown in a dumpster as his gold toilet adorned gaudy mansion is emptied out. Facades all coming apart.

I like how the foley artists added a little styrofoam squeak as he repositioned the light as air "stone" pillar, I just had to laugh at how softly it hit the desk, how light it was, and the squeak..

Having said all that, it's still shocking to see how cold Jimmy was. Even knowing WHY he is doing it, it doesn't make it less shocking - we hadn't seen him intentionally try to hurt her. He was getting "uncaring" when he didn't clue her in before the Mesa Verde meeting where he made her look like a fool, but not outright intentionally hurtful. They made both Jimmy and Kim very complex, hard to understand characters.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Thats a good point.

Jimmy ****ed Kim on the Mesa Verde deal.

Kim ****ed Jimmy by getting him wrapped up the ruin Howard deal.

They're about equal.

Characters are the same as the were at the beginning.
torrid
AG
Random thoughts from the day after.

Where did the name Victor St. Claire come from? Kim sure acted like she knew it was Saul on the other end. Maybe she was just on guard for calls from unknown names.

I wonder if Gene works at Cinnabon because he really needs the money, or if it is a bit of a cover. Nothing like hiding in plain site in a boring job.

It would be nice if Francesca was able to get money from one of Saul's front compaies.
Quinn
AG
torrid said:

Where did the name Victor St. Claire come from? Kim sure acted like she knew it was Saul on the other end. Maybe she was just on guard for calls from unknown names.

I wonder if Gene works at Cinnabon because he really needs the money, or if it is a bit of a cover. Nothing like hiding in plain site in a boring job.

It would be nice if Francesca was able to get money from one of Saul's front compaies.
He used it back when they would run their low level schemes back in Season 1 or 2.
oragator
https://screenrant.com/better-call-saul-gene-timeline-jimmy-viktor/
Know Your Enemy
AG
torrid said:

The name Viktor (with a K) was his alias when him & Kim were pulling scams, particularly the guy in the bar that ended up with a huge tab for their Zafiro Anejo shots. And please tell me I don't have to explain what Zafiro Anejo is.
PatriotAg02
AG
mazzag said:

It's definitely burned and he's asking for a Hoover max extract Pro.

Makes me thinks he gets into a bad accident and his last moments are him scrambling to call the vacuum guy because he's just out of moves and probably losing blood.
oragator
The preview for next week and the Hoover max I thought was in color. So I assumed it was a flashback of some kind.
PatriotAg02
AG
oragator said:

The preview for next week and the Hoover max I thought was in color. So I assumed it was a flashback of some kind.

Good call forgot
Malachi Constant
AG
PatriotAg02 said:

oragator said:

Good call forgot
Or that we're going to have a fade into color from B&W at some point in the next episode and the final things take place in color again....
boy09
AG
PatriotAg02 said:

mazzag said:

Makes me thinks he gets into a bad accident and his last moments are him scrambling to call the vacuum guy because he's just out of moves and probably losing blood.
The car just looked weathered and rusted out, from when they pushed it off the road in "Bagman" last season. I don't think the audio in the teaser for the finale has anything to do with the car..
Duckhook
AG
Quinn said:

torrid said:

He used it back when they would run their low level schemes back in Season 1 or 2.

It was also the name he was using in the current scam on the bar patrons. But, yeah, Kim just knew it from their previous scams.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
boy09 said:

PatriotAg02 said:

mazzag said:

The car just looked weathered and rusted out, from when they pushed it off the road in "Bagman" last season. I don't think the audio in the teaser for the finale has anything to do with the car..
Just like the overhead cross roads shot where he was talking to Kim and it was really in the apartment.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
Quinn
AG
I really enjoyed this episode. Glad that they showed a day in the life of Florida Kim so that we could see the boring existence to which she had banished herself. Some really phenomenal acting by Rhea Seehorn in the ABQ scenes.

The Kim-Jesse scene was nice to see. Sure, it was fan service, but I'm glad that we got it.

Saul's cruelty to Kim was really hard to watch, but I think it played true to his character. It was easy to imagine and hope for a happy ending and reunion when watching Jimmy and Kim, but seeing Saul snapped back into focus that that would never happen.

Carol Burnett was *perfect* in her role. She was much more sharp than she appeared in her first scene. She knows her son and his troubles well and knew that he would get mixed up into trouble once again.

I have no idea what to expect for the finale and that's okay. If i had to guess, I'd say that Jimmy ends up in jail, but who knows? Excited to see how it wraps up.
Bunk Moreland
Florida Kim...bad hair, bad clothing...cankles...tough life.
Complete Idiot
I'm still baffled how you can sell sprinkler systems in Florida, every time I'm there it seems most days have one or two 10 minute rains. Yet the building was huge. Must have had great catalogs.
not hedge
Crime and punishment. She's been reading Dostoevsky
not hedge
She's still fine
Blacque Jacque Shallaque
Did anyone else see or notice the silhouette of something at the very end of the open? I tried to pause it at that exact moment many times and couldn't get it. Anyway, it looks like an image of someone...very short, 1 or 2 frames...just didn't know if anyone else saw that.
Blacque Jacque Shallaque
Didn't Saul make a comment/joke in BB about working in a Cinnabon in some mall in Omaha?
not hedge
Yes, when he was about to extracted by the Hoover guy. He tells walt that he'll be lucky if he's a manager if a Cinnabon in Omaha
Duckhook
AG
Blacque Jacque Shallaque said:

Did anyone else see or notice the silhouette of something at the very end of the open? I tried to pause it at that exact moment many times and couldn't get it. Anyway, it looks like an image of someone...very short, 1 or 2 frames...just didn't know if anyone else saw that.

I didn't see it, but in one of the reviews I read the reviewer said it was a profile pic of Kim standing outside of an airport. FWIW.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
If I remember correctly, and it is possible that I don't, he already knew he was going to Nebraska. I think the vacuum guy had already made his ID card.
First Page Last Page
Page 97 of 124

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.