*** Better Call Saul - Season 6 ***

379,596 Views | 4308 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by aTmAg
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The more I think about this episode...the more I love it. This was fantastic. Very much feels like the weight of 6 years collapsing in around Saul, and felt like this whole run of BB/BCS coming to a head.

This is the best episode of this season for me.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Seemed clear to me he was plenty upset even before she hung up, and that just put him over the edge.
Infection_Ag11
AG
rucker said:

Have a nice life . Jimmy did not deserve her

I mean, the Howard thing was more on Kim than Jimmy. And for much of the show Kim was far more cutthroat than he was.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
oragator
It wasn't my favorite, but it's almost impossible to argue against how wonderfully constructed it was.
Kim's life on the redemption arc, I was thinking in those first few scenes that this is the anti-ozymandias.
Then you get Jimmy, who was completely self destructing and going full Ozymandias. The contrast was great.
And it was brought to full relief in the divorce papers scene. It's the first time Kim got to see what he had become, and set up why she was so rough on the phone with him, at least in part.
Then you come out of that scene to the Aaron Paul scene. Which was great. And they gave Kim, what to this point anyway was the most consequential line of the series, because it pretty much defines it all when she says "when I knew him he was".
And you close with a solid cliffhanger on Jimmy now, giving an acting legend the honor of blowing up his whole life.

JD Shellnut
AG
Man that guy has it made. Go to Kim's house, watch a little tv, have a few drinks, eat tater salad with friends, have sex with Kim, then home for a good nights sleep.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Thats as good or better than anything we've ever seen.

The writing was outstanding.

Some lady busting into your office: 'it's time to sing!'

Kim's been to the show. So working that job she had was already a prison sentence. She'd rather be in in jail or dead, than be doing what she was doing. Shes a widow to the law, and also a widow to that lifestyle.

Who knows whats gonna happen next week.

Anything could happen.

You might see Kim testify against Jimmy.

You might see a Salamanca or somebody else roll up in there and take out both of 'em at the same time.

They both might get killed in prison.

Howard's widow might try and avenge his death.

Jimmy might get away somehow. Goes and hops in the car and manages to take the ID theft data and live off that money indefinitely.

Kim may get prosecuted.

Who knows. Last episode and anything on the table.
oragator
Oh and I know I'm posting a bunch on this ep, but the other striking thing is the robbery scene.
Jimmy was casually going to use the ashes of the guys dead dog to knock him out or kill him. How far had that dude fallen at that point? And it made the phone cable scene that much more plausible, which was a great setup.
Know Your Enemy
AG
All the Salamancas are gone.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Yeah, thats a good point.

Jimmy went completely off the rails last episode when he insisted on going back to Stuart's house.

That was a pivotal moment in the show. Seems like he really lost it after that point. Had a sense of evil about him.

Jimmy's Cinnabon job and Kims job were essentially the same job. Both their jobs and day to day life turned into their own personal hell.

Kim is the same character she was at the beginning.

And Jimmy was the same character he was in Chicago.

They went through the whole ordeal and stayed the same person that they always were.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
JD Shellnut said:

Man that guy has it made. Go to Kim's house, watch a little tv, have a few drinks, eat tater salad with friends, have sex with Kim, then home for a good nights sleep.

Username checks out
TXAG 05
AG
torrid said:

Watching the episode again, with Mr. Yep and the dead-end job. Make me want to poke my eyes out.

That's how I picture life in Florida, although with more mullets and jorts. Working at a sprinkler company and arguing about mayonnaise.

Great episode. No telling what happens next week.
torrid
AG
JD Shellnut said:

Yep.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Know Your Enemy said:

Some baby cousin somewhere could pop out the woodpile. We don't just dont' know.
Albatross Necklace
Saul being a dick while signing divorce papers

VS

Kim being cold and detached over the phone

That phonecall was what sent Gene into a self destructive binge, but it was the fruit of seeds he planted years before. Saul's choices lead to his downfall.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I chuckled seeing the machine that replaced Mike in the parking booth.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
And let's get one thing straight, Miracle Whip is NEVER an acceptable substitute for mayo. Hell, it's hardly edible.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Thought it was a great episode but what made Carol Burnett's character go from watching cat videos to suddenly thinking Gene was some conman from Albuquerque? I thought he handled the phone call well with her so that seemed like a bit of a stretch. Maybe I'm just nitpicking.
dave94
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

Thought it was a great episode but what made Carol Burnett's character go from watching cat videos to suddenly thinking Gene was some conman from Albuquerque? I thought he handled the phone call well with her so that seemed like a bit of a stretch. Maybe I'm just nitpicking.

She saw them all lurking around in the garage the night before.
Stive
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

He was talking about the difference in bail in the two states/cities and it clued her in that he had been there and was familiar with their bail rules (as well as Nebraska's). That got her curious and it wasn't a big leap from there.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Saul gave her that laptop didn't he?
Know Your Enemy
AG
All she had to do was Ask Jeeves.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Jeffy did after the big department store heist.
double aught
AG
Ask Jeeves got Saul's ass.
C1NRB
AG
I enjoyed tonight's episode.
But I got to tell you, I was so tensed up when the receptionist put Gene's call through to Kim I noticed that I didn't breath from the time Kim stood up to close the blinds until she peeked out to make sure no one was listening in.
For whatever reason, that was the most intense minute of television I've seen in a long time.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Stive said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

He was talking about the difference in bail in the two states/cities and it clued her in that he had been there and was familiar with their bail rules (as well as Nebraska's). That got her curious and it wasn't a big leap from there.
Ahhh good call.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG

Know Your Enemy said:

Some baby cousin somewhere could pop out the woodpile. We don't just dont' know.

That's right, Kim could have had Lalo's offspring. Maybe that's why she left Jimmy after the Howard incident?
Bosco
AG
Another masterpiece episode tonight.

Random thoughts:

What a depressing scene of Kim signing the divorce papers and then walking out into the rain. Saul's "have a nice life" line seemed a bit much and slightly out of character, but it could just be classic male bravado.

Kim's new life …wow. Discussing pipe fittings for a sprinkler company…just kill me now and get it over with.

I will agree with the previous poster that mentioned Howard's widow….there may be something there in the finale.

Saul's car looks like it had been burned at the end there?
"...suspect is hatless, repeat hatless."
mazzag
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

If she can look up cat videos, she can look up Saul videos. I knew that laptop would do him in.
mazzag
AG
It's definitely burned and he's asking for a Hoover max extract Pro.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG

Something tells me this will be a thing in the finale
johnnyblaze36
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

And let's get one thing straight, Miracle Whip is NEVER an acceptable substitute for mayo. Hell, it's hardly edible.
Ervin Burrell
AG
oragator said:

And I guess I was the only one who didn't even recognize Kim until her name plate showed at work. They did a great job of really changing her,

Bob's three words to describe the finale were "hard won truth".

Gilligan said fans should get their depends ready.

So many directions it could go now, gonna be fun.

How in God's name did you not recognize Kim before then? I literally have no words to describe how oblivious you could be to not recognize that that was simply Kim with brunette hair. Do you have macular degeneration or something?

Also, as an aside…brunette Kim>>blonde Kim.
Ervin Burrell
AG

No, Jeffie did…with the money they got from the mall heist.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Albatross Necklace said:

Saul being a dick while signing divorce papers

VS

Kim being cold and detached over the phone

That phonecall was what sent Gene into a self destructive binge, but it was the fruit of seeds he planted years before. Saul's choices lead to his downfall.

Saul had every reason to be a dick. Kim pushed him into the Howard scam, then decides to leave him because of it and broke his heart.
Ervin Burrell
AG
mazzag said:

Know Your Enemy said:

If she can look up cat videos, she can look up Saul videos. I knew that laptop would do him in.

Yup. I posted maybe ten pages back that Reddit had a theory that Marion would find Saul on YouTube. I hate and love that site, but wish I'd have steered clear in hindsight since they ended up being right.
First Page Last Page
Page 95 of 124

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.