*** Better Call Saul - Season 6 ***

362,083 Views | 4308 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by aTmAg
Stat Monitor Repairman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
They didn't go out on top.

They overdid the ending and a week later I'm mad about it.
gigemags-99
AG
I know they said BCS was the end of this universe / BB storyline. But, if they did do anything else, I'd love to see the rise of Don Eladio.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

They didn't go out on top.

They overdid the ending and a week later I'm mad about it.

Well you certainly have the right to have a stupid opinion.
Stat Monitor Repairman
All I'm saying is the more time that passes, the less I like the finale.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Finally watched the finale and some basic quick non-analytic simpleton thoughts:

1) I thought the finale was pretty good. I do think it would take a special human being to choose the 86 years over the 7 and maybe Saul was that, maybe he wasn't. (But maybe the point was, he was that kinda human in the end)

2) Anyone else initially think the bus chanting scene was a prelude to other inmates knowing Saul was famous and that famous people often have it really rough in prison i.e..abuse, and rape? (But that's obviously not where they were going with that)

3) Breaking Bad is my all time favorite show. BCS was a great great tribute and prequel to it, but imo its not as good for me personally.
gigemags-99
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Finally watched the finale and some basic quick non-analytic simpleton thoughts:

1) I thought the finale was pretty good. I do think it would take a special human being to choose the 86 years over the 7 and maybe Saul was that, maybe he wasn't. (But maybe the point was, he was that kinda human in the end)

2) Anyone else initially think the bus chanting scene was a prelude to other inmates knowing Saul was famous and that famous people often have it really rough in prison i.e..abuse, and rape? (But that's obviously not where they were going with that)

3) Breaking Bad is my all time favorite show. BCS was a great great tribute and prequel to it, but imo its not as good for me personally.

I like to imagine Saul being the "Andy Dufresne" of law at ADX Montrose. Giving cherished legal advise to prisoners, guards, and even the Warden.
Stat Monitor Repairman
I like to too … but not for 86 years. They got out of control with it. They went too far.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, 7 was too low. 86 was too much. Doing something like exchanging 10 for 25-30 would have gotten the point across without it being cartoonish. But whatever
TriumphForks
AG
They had to wrap up the show. No loose ends. Saul getting out in 7 years implies more antics to make another show about once he gets out. The ending gave closure and put a lid on it, which is what the series needed to end on IMO.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'll admit that maybe 20 years would've been better. It puts a nice lid on everything, but leaves you with the hope that he can get out and maybe turn his life around in his retirement years.
Duncan Idaho
I think we all know what retirement home jimmy would be like.

Rudyjax
AG
gigemags-99 said:

Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

I like to imagine Saul being the "Andy Dufresne" of law at ADX Montrose. Giving cherished legal advise to prisoners, guards, and even the Warden.

I'm surprised they didn't show him giving legal advice to inmates, a line waiting for him, etc. that's what I would expect.

But they didn't want to go that way and I guess neither did Jimmy.
Know Your Enemy
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Yeah, 7 was too low. 86 was too much. Doing something like exchanging 10 for 25-30 would have gotten the point across without it being cartoonish. But whatever

The negotiation was done. As soon as he confessed in court he got the full sentence.
Stat Monitor Repairman
They Leon Letted it with 10 minutes to go.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Agreed.

I didn't have the reaction of most everyone else to the final. I did not think it was perfect. But I didn't hate it.

They went with the complete 180 from the breaking bad finale. I get it.

But it was too much. What the hell does winning back her respect even get you. So what you're in jail the rest of your life. No thanks. Take the deal. Do the time. Then go find her and tell her all of that same crap. She wants to forgive him anyway. Now what does she have? A cell smoke together. Meh.

Hell you got her there, tell her whatever you want to say but after you close the deal.
PatAg
AG

Your opinion is just wrong, accept it.
Potcake
AG

You should Lett it go
Stat Monitor Repairman
Potcake said:

You should Lett it go

Nice.
Seven Costanza
AG
It would be so interesting to hear what Gilligan/Gould's various ideas were when they were brainstorming possibilities for the end, and how far they explored any of those ideas.
TriumphForks
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Agreed.

I didn't have the reaction of most everyone else to the final. I did not think it was perfect. But I didn't hate it.

But it was too much. What the hell does winning back her respect even get you. So what you're in jail the rest of your life. No thanks. Take the deal. Do the time. Then go find her and tell her all of that same crap. She wants to forgive him anyway. Now what does she have? A cell smoke together. Meh.

Hell you got her there, tell her whatever you want to say but after you close the deal.
I don't think his primary motivation for coming clean was to win Kim back. That may have been part of it but I think primarily his motivation was to be at peace with accepting the consequences for his actions which had a major impact on a great number of people. Another piece of it has to do with proving the naysayers in his life wrong. People like chuck who said he would never break the cycle and will always be "Slipping Jimmy". The scene with Walt with the line "so you've always been like that…" was very intentional. This was his chance to reinvent himself.
Know Your Enemy
AG
That was part of it but I still think Kim was most of it. When he first called her she told him to turn himself in. He shot back at her to do the same. Once he found out she had actually done that when he was trying to throw her under the bus for some weekly ice cream that made him realize he should do the same.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
TriumphForks said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Agreed.

I don't think his primary motivation for coming clean was to win Kim back. That may have been part of it but I think primarily his motivation was to be at peace with accepting the consequences for his actions which had a major impact on a great number of people. Another piece of it has to do with proving the naysayers in his life wrong. People like chuck who said he would never break the cycle and will always be "Slipping Jimmy". The scene with Walt with the line "so you've always been like that…" was very intentional. This was his chance to reinvent himself.

Yeah I get it. Thematically/dramatically/plotwise as a story I think it's all great.

But chuck is dead, reconciling with Kim means nothing (to me) if I can't see her other than a cell room smoke.

I can find a lot of peace through admitting everything as well... after I'm out of prison in 7 years. Personal confession means more to me than admitting it to a court/judge.

But maybe that's just me.

Know Your Enemy
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

TriumphForks said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Agreed.

Yeah I get it. Thematically/dramatically/plotwise as a story I think it's all great.

But chuck is dead, reconciling with Kim means nothing (to me) if I can't see her other than a cell room smoke.

I can find a lot of peace through admitting everything as well... after I'm out of prison in 7 years. Personal confession means more to me than admitting it to a court/judge.

I've bolded the flaws in your argument.
aTmAg
AG
People should be allowed to not like the ending.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

TriumphForks said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Agreed.

Those aren't flaws. They are quite clearly declarative statements of scope. Every single thing people post is their view on things. I was just stating that I recognize it might not be shared by all. Most people simply think they are always right and anyone who disagrees with them is wrong. Like you apparently who felt the need to point out things in a post that I made pretty clear. Congrats. You can read and bold stuff. "Oooooh look at me look at me."

TCTTS
AG
I think it's time this thread serve an 86-year sentence...
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
aTmAg said:

People should be allowed to not like the ending.

And I never even said I hated it. I simply said I did not love it like many apparently.

Know Your Enemy
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Know Your Enemy said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

TriumphForks said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Agreed.

Those aren't flaws. They are quite clearly declarative statements of scope. Every single thing people post is their view on things. I was just stating that I recognize it might not be shared by all. Most people simply think they are always right and anyone who disagrees with them is wrong. Like you apparently who felt the need to point out things in a post that I made pretty clear. Congrats. You can read and bold stuff. "Oooooh look at me look at me."

No need to get butt hurt over my response. It's not about what WE would do. It's about what the character Saul Goodman would do.

And people are free to not like it just like others are free to respond.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Then you probably shouldn't say someone's argument is flawed. That implies incorrect.

And what you or I think of a fictional characters actions is really irrelevant. It's made up. I just don't love it from a story point of view.

I can appreciate that others love it without saying they are wrong.
Hey Nav
AG
I just want those genius producers to develop a Kim show.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

This needs to fall off the front page ASAP because it just makes me sad to see.
I did tell you guys...
Stat Monitor Repairman
TriumphForks said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Agreed.

I agree with you man.

He gets out in 7-years and he knows he'd be right back in the mix.

He's always been like that is right.

Look at it like an alcoholic moving somewhere where they ain't got access to alcohol.

Jimmy was looking to check out for good, and thats how he decided to do it.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Then you probably shouldn't say someone's argument is flawed. That implies incorrect.

And what you or I think of a fictional characters actions is really irrelevant. It's made up. I just don't love it from a story point of view.

But if you're arguing that the story is bad because of that decision then your argument is flawed because YOU are not the one making the decision so YOUR opinion as to how it should be handled is irrelevant. I wouldn't have made that decision either but then again you and I aren't in that position in the first place so to think a character who has not acted the same way we would have from day 1 should choose to make the same decision we would in the end is dumb.
True Anomaly
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

But if you're arguing that the story is bad because of that decision then your argument is flawed because YOU are not the one making the decision so YOUR opinion as to how it should be handled is irrelevant. I wouldn't have made that decision either but then again you and I aren't in that position in the first place so to think a character who has not acted the same way we would have from day 1 should choose to make the same decision we would in the end is dumb.
It's like y'all are married
Know Your Enemy
AG
He's clearly the wife.
First Page Last Page
Page 121 of 124

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.