Only Murders In The Building - Hulu

13,781 Views | 99 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by LMCane
LawHall88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Season 2 starts filming next month.
Quote:

AVC: What can you tell us about the second season?

JH: There's this amazing collection of stars that are already in the show. I think it's looking very happily like we're going to have many of them back again, but in fresh new ways. I don't mean new characters. I'm saying their positions have altered clearly from the end of season one.

We will be inviting back a lot of them, in ways that are hopefully surprising. Also new people that will of course be freshening up the atmosphere around the new murder that they're investigating. But also there's the investigation and then there's the telling of that story. That becomes one of the bigger themes of the show in season two: Who's telling the true story? Which feels like a big American story in some ways.
https://www.avclub.com/only-murders-in-the-building-co-creator-john-hoffman-on-1847888534
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Well the finale wrapped everything up pretty much - interesting that the thing we saw early on with her covered in blood was really a lead in to season 2.

Overall for me the finale played out rather straight forward plotwise. With all the prior twists I guess I expected some more. Not that it was bad but dropping a huge shock at the end of the previous episode and having it play out as exactly what that implied was a bit surprising to me.

Her performance through this was really great (as Jan) but having her literally trying to misdirect the investigation and them even suspecting she stabbed herself at one point was rather predictable. So much so that I assumed it could not be that - lol. Maybe that's the trick - not tricking us this time.

The way it played out was great though - her giddy excitement at Brazzos figuring it out and his reveal that he was fake sipping (which I foresaw) was great. When she left him on the floor I actually expected him to jump up and be fine - like he was wearing some hollywood style see through gloves that also protected his hands. But alas no that was not to be.

However the absolute gift of seeing Steve Martin flop and writhe around on the floor and the elevators and how everyone just treated him like a drunk was physical comedy gold. Reminded me of him in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels an absolute classic. The basement bit with him rising from the stroller and giving some great oration only to see that was in his head and he was babbling like an idiot was great too.

Overall definitely liked it. It's been worth the watch and I look forward to more.

boy09
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

The basement bit with him rising from the stroller and giving some great oration only to see that was in his head and he was babbling like an idiot was great too.
I thought it was going to be the Gut Milk that brought him back.

Was there ever any point to all the Gut Milk stuff? Did I miss something?
fig96
AG
His face when they were rolling him down the hallway had me absolutely cracking up. Also really impressive that he's capable of that level of physical comedy in his mid 70s.
Sex Panther
AG
Steve Martin flopping around on the ground to "Fields of Gold" is one of the best things I've seen all year... I was cracking up
FightinTexasAg15
AG
This show was a really great surprise. I didn't hear or see any promotion for it until it randomly popped up on Hulu. I really enjoyed the first season, and the finale was great.
birdman
Finale was exceptional. Entire series was A+, absolutely loved it.
israeliag
AG
This show is terrific. I don't know that much more really needs to be said. Maybe that Martin Short is a *********comedic saint.
LawHall88
AG
israeliag said:

This show is terrific. I don't know that much more really needs to be said. Maybe that Martin Short is a *********comedic saint.

Martin Short is my comedy hero.
Quinn
AG
What a fun show. Original story, legendary actors giving terrific performances, and a quick watch. What more could you ask for?
walton91
birdman said:

Finale was exceptional. Entire series was A+, absolutely loved it.

Absolutely. I think the finale was my favorite of the whole series, not to mention the funniest. Steve Martin was so great in this one
Iowaggie
AG
Besides the absolute classic Steve Martin bits we saw after he was poisoned, Right before that i had just said to my wife, "That's a classic Martin Short bit..... And so is that" when we was with Selena Gomez in the hallway trying to come up with a way to break down Jan's door. First he suggests Gomez go, and then he makes a feeble attempt, ending up collapsed on the floor after hitting the door with the force of a hummingbird. I saw those moments coming and they still were the biggest LOL moments of the season for me until Steve Martin topped it just a few minutes later after being drugged.
Ag_N_Houston
AG
Everything about Steve Martin's character post drugging was amazing.
jeffk
AG
Fields of Gold came over the speakers the other night in Publix and I had a nice chuckle in the cereal aisle. What a fun little show.
Lije Baley
Have to say. I was really surprised how much I grew to love this show. Martin and Short have created a real gem along with their other producing partners. They've managed to marry an old style of story telling with some very current cultural references and phenomenon.

The style, balance, and character development in this show has left me wanting more.

As already mentioned. Ep 7. "Boy from 6B". Amazing storytelling. One of the smartest episodes of TV I've seen in some time. If this episode is not up for a award in the next award season it would be a shame.
walton91
Good news for Arconiacs
MW03
AG
Really enjoyed season 1, and I hope Selena Gomez finally got over the tetanus or whatever was causing her lockjaw.
dreyOO
Just got into it. As others have mentioned, its a great series to get into with the spouse. Just fun and very well done. Not sure how Selena Gomez got cast tho. That's a headscratcher
Sex Panther
AG
dreyOO said:

Not sure how Selena Gomez got cast tho. That's a headscratcher

This is how:

Jimmy McNulty
AG
Holy shiite
CrottyKid
AG
Can't wait for season 2!
KidDoc
AG
Fantastic show! Like most people I felt Selena was bad in it and detracted from the rest of the amazing cast.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
torrid
AG
Just finished it, best thing I've seen on TV in a long time. I guess i'm alone, but I didn't think Gomez was that bad. Maybe because I expected so little form her in the first place? Anyway, can't wait for season two.

As for the murderer:

I was a little disappointed with Amy Ryan at the start, I felt she was just playing Holly from "The Office" again. I've now decided that was deliberate, both misdirection and a clue. I mean, they even named her character Jan. And she was SO good in her confession scene with Steve Martin.
BCG Disciple
AG
I wasn't that interested in this, but got around to watching it based mostly on lack of other content. Very good if not great show.
LawHall88
AG
walton91
Nice!
LawHall88
AG
LawHall88
AG
Post removed:
by user
LMCane
is Selena Gomez pregnant during filming?

still hot but she is much bigger than season 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.