Only Murders In The Building - Hulu

13,867 Views | 99 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by LMCane
FightinTexasAg15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone started this? My wife is super into crime podcasts and found this on Hulu. Only 3 episodes out but it's pretty good so far.

Steve Martin, Martin Short and Selena Gomez start a crime podcast for someone killed in their building.

It's a lighthearted murder mystery and I'm intrigued enough to keep watching
AgBQ-00
AG
Saw the ad for it. Looks fun.
israeliag
AG
I'm interested for the Steve Martin Short of it.
Swarely
Just hinged the first three eps. I'm digging it this far. Really fun cast.
BadMoonRisin
AG
In thru 3 and Im going to stick around. I like it. It's fun.
chick79
AG
Pretty good. Will continue to watch. Like seeing Steve Martin and Martin Short back together again. Selena Gomez needs to stick to singing though. She's a terrible actress.
birdman
Steve Martin and Martin Short can make anything pretty good. Haven't seen it yet, but looking forward to it.
Iowaggie
AG
chick79 said:

Pretty good. Will continue to watch. Like seeing Steve Martin and Martin Short back together again. Selena Gomez needs to stick to singing though. She's a terrible actress.

Watched two episodes so far, and I feel the same way.
Sometimes when watching I'm wondering if she signed a contract and couldn't get out of it but she is totally outclassed by Steve and Martin when all three on the screen together.
I couldn't believe that she is 29, Martin is 76 and Short is 71. Time flies.

BadMoonRisin
AG
I wonder what Tina Feys role is going to be in this. She only got about 30 seconds of screen time in the pilot.
Hey Nav
AG
Have watched the first 3 episodes. Very enjoyable so far.
AgSportsFan89
AG
Iowaggie said:

chick79 said:

Sometimes when watching I'm wondering if she signed a contract and couldn't get out of it but she is totally outclassed by Steve and Martin when all three on the screen together.

Couldn't agree more with yall. Just tried watching this tonight and she really seemed to do her best to ruin the experience. Lol
Sex Panther
AG
chick79 said:

Selena Gomez needs to stick to singing though. She's a terrible actress.

Dude... have you heard her "sing" ?

regardless, this looks like a fun show
fig96
AG
Don't know how more people aren't talking about this one, just a beautifully crafted show. And it's a nice change of pace from the drama heavy shows that are big these days.

Short in particular is brilliant in his role, still playing to type but with more depth that we've seen from him recently. Really intrigued to see how this all plays out, ep 4 was a lot of fun and ended with an interesting twist.
Petrino1
AgSportsFan89 said:

Iowaggie said:

chick79 said:

Couldn't agree more with yall. Just tried watching this tonight and she really seemed to do her best to ruin the experience. Lol
I dont think her acting is terrible on the show, but her character has zero personality and comes across as *****y. I wish she played her a little differently.
Ag 11
AG
Just finished episode 4. Steve Martin & Martin Short are outstanding. Selena Gomez is FREAKING TERRIBLE. She's ruining the show. My wife quit watching after episode 2 because she's so bad. I'm staying with it because of Steve Martin Short & I want to see what happens, but she is making it very difficult
Law-5L
AG
The wife and I really enjoy the show -- despite Selena Gomez. But then I can be entertained by Steve Martin make an omelette.

It's very well paced, the characters have depth and the comedy doesn't overpower the mystery. Looking forward to more.

The guests are great. Really enjoyed Sting and Amy Ryan. But I was anticipating more laughs from Tina Fey. One can hope.

Sex Panther
AG
Don't stand so close to Sting
LawHall88
AG
walton91
Just started this yesterday and have watched the first 5. This is a really fun show. There is something really engaging about a comedic whodunnit. Its a little mystery, a little silly. I already wish I had more seasons of this one
Swarely
Just caught the latest episode and really enjoy the actor playing Oscar. I died laughing (and am still chuckling over)

Brazzos?

Yes.

Wow.

I saw you going up the stairs the night Tim Kono was murdered.

I saw you shoot a crocodile that was smuggling drugs.
CrawfordAg
AG
two episodes in so far and liking it so far...reminds me of Bored to Death with Ted Danson.
birdman
Steve Martin says "I saw a guy walking up the stairs wearing tie dye". Selena Gomez answers "just because you wear a hoodie, that doesn't make you a murder".

Martin never mentioned that it was tow dye hoodie. She is murderer or somehow involved.
Rudyjax
AG
Sex Panther said:

Don't stand so close to Sting
That had me rolling every time they said it.
boy09
AG
CrawfordAg said:

two episodes in so far and liking it so far...reminds me of Bored to Death with Ted Danson.
Wow, completely forgot about that show.
boy09
AG
birdman said:

Steve Martin says "I saw a guy walking up the stairs wearing tie dye". Selena Gomez answers "just because you wear a hoodie, that doesn't make you a murder".

Martin never mentioned that it was tow dye hoodie. She is murderer or somehow involved.
Episode 3

Big Al 1992
AG
Very much enjoying this and highly recommend.
israeliag
AG
The bit with the frozen dead cat had me losing it.
IJones23
This is becoming my favorite show on Hulu.
Swarely
Agreed. Very clever writing and it actually makes me laugh out loud at points. Loved the twist and the ending of this episode.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Really enjoying the show, it's creative and fun!
Big Al 1992
AG
Just watched the new episode. Brilliant. Sucks that we are caught up and can't binge the rest.
IJones23
Best episode yet!
jeffk
AG
We love the show. I love imitating Gomez's complete lack of inflection when discussing the show with my wife. She doesn't appreciate it now, but I bet she'll come around.
DrZ
AG
My wife and i really enjoy the show. I am not bothered by Selena in the least. That is the personality of her character not her. She is playing opposite of two old emotional guys. Young female void of emotion.
Johnny Goodbull
AG
My favorite episode so far tonight. So impressed with so much happening and yet the episode had only one line of dialogue. Such a great way to convey Theo's perspective.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.