*** ETERNALS ***

26,429 Views | 283 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Jugstore Cowboy
Decay
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
dummble said:

I didn't read the thread, but I don't like when immortals get in relationships with mortals. Their lifespan is a blip on yours but the blip is even smaller when you appear the same age. Just mean and disingenuous if you think about it. At least Ego knew he was lying when he said he cared about those girls.
I have a few problems with the way the MCU treats "immortal" or otherwise really old characters. Thor and Loki have literally been alive for a thousand years but so much of their character development happens in the last decade? That's like 50 year olds going from college kids to full fledged maturity in a few months. It's a little silly.
redline248
AG
Decay said:

dummble said:

I didn't read the thread, but I don't like when immortals get in relationships with mortals. Their lifespan is a blip on yours but the blip is even smaller when you appear the same age. Just mean and disingenuous if you think about it. At least Ego knew he was lying when he said he cared about those girls.
I have a few problems with the way the MCU treats "immortal" or otherwise really old characters. Thor and Loki have literally been alive for a thousand years but so much of their character development happens in the last decade? That's like 50 year olds going from college kids to full fledged maturity in a few months. It's a little silly.
To be fair, it took Loki like 5 movies
TexasAggie_02
AG
Decay said:

dummble said:

in Thor's case, look at how old Odin is. Even Odin matured as he grew older. He went from a war monger to a more benevolent king. Perhaps Asgardians take time to mature. You also have Thor and Loki who are more or less spoiled rich kids that finally have to go out on their own and face the world. Yes, Thor has been a warrior most of his life, but the foes he has gone against before 2008 had probably posed little threat to him, the main big bads of Asgardian lore were all defeated by his grandfather, Odin, and Hela.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Also, in the Marvel comics universe, character development is the main reason Thor was sent down to Earth.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.