***** Ted Lasso S2 Thread *****

177,310 Views | 1385 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by boogieman
ChipFTAC01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've been taping SNL out of habit for probably the last decade even though we almost never watch it. Will definitely watch it live tonight.
Rudyjax
AG
Brandi Carlisle is the musical guest!
75AG
AG
Kevin the 3-legged dog said:

Brandi Carlisle is the musical guest!
They both slayed it! Jason was in damn near every skit, and Brandi was amazing!
heddleston
AG
Been thinking about the last few episodes over the last week and was struck by Ted playing pinball at the pub on at least two occasions. But it wasn't just any pinball, it was Wizard of Oz pinball (which is a freaking awesome theme for a pinball table).

There's gotta be more to this than just the cliche "you're not in Kansas anymore" but I can't quite put my finger on it and so now I'm gonna type a bunch of crap as I process this.

The tornado of a failing marriage sends him far away, and he's just trying to find his way home? Nate is the Cowardly Lion, Roy is the Tin Man, Tartt is the Scarecrow? I dunno, but I feel like there's something more to this and I can't figure it out and it's driving me nuts.
rynning
AG
Obviously Roy is the scarecrow since he wants a brain, i.e., he's reading a lot, and Tartt is the tin man since he needs a heart for love.
htxag09
AG
Man yall make me feel like I'm back in high school English looking for foreshadowing and metaphors in everything
CrottyKid
AG
From a random internet website after google searching the main theme of Wizard of Oz:

Quote:

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz Themes
The main themes in The Wonderful Wizard of Oz are good versus evil, home, and friendship.
  • Good versus evil: Though most characters in Oz are defined as either "good" or "wicked," the Wizard, who is a bad wizard but not a bad man, represents the real world: while fantasy can deal in absolutes, the real world is more complex.
  • Home: For Dorothy, home represents safety, comfort, and familiarity. Though she finds friends in Oz, she continuously seeks home.
  • Friendship: Over the course of their journey, Dorothy and her friends draw strength from each other and help one another become better people.

Sounds a lot like the show Ted Lasso.
Gigem314
AG
rynning said:

Obviously Roy is the scarecrow since he wants a brain, i.e., he's reading a lot, and Tartt is the tin man since he needs a heart for love.
Dorothy Ted:
I haven't seen a person wearing that much metal since Princess Leia in Return of The Jedi! Why don't you come with us?

Tin Man Tartt:
Where are we going?

Scarecrow Roy:
To f***ing Emerald City!!

Cowardly Lion Beard:
I'll come too! Just please don't make me break up with Jane!

Good Witch of the North Rebecca:
Oh s****, did I miss my cue?
(Downs glass of scotch and picks up her wand)

Wicked Witch of the West Rupert:
Fly, Nate! Fly!!!!

Flying Monkey Nate:
Does no one else notice they made me a f***ing flying monkey??

Emerald City Gatekeeper Higgins:
That's a horse of a different color! It reminds of a certain Rolling Stones song...
('She's a Rainbow' begins to play)

Dr. Sharon's voice:
Ted, are you having those dreams again?

(Cut to opening credits)
CAR96
AG
If it's not based on Wizard of Oz, you guys have passed AP English.
jeffk
AG
As a former teacher, I award you an A+++++.
Carlo4
AG
Coach=Toto

RAT90
AG
From all us math folk, WGAF about the theme? It is a fun show and I like it. EOS.
jeffk
AG
What is it about the show's math that you like?
GrayMatter
AG
heddleston said:

Been thinking about the last few episodes over the last week and was struck by Ted playing pinball at the pub on at least two occasions. But it wasn't just any pinball, it was Wizard of Oz pinball (which is a freaking awesome theme for a pinball table).

There's gotta be more to this than just the cliche "you're not in Kansas anymore" but I can't quite put my finger on it and so now I'm gonna type a bunch of crap as I process this.

The tornado of a failing marriage sends him far away, and he's just trying to find his way home? Nate is the Cowardly Lion, Roy is the Tin Man, Tartt is the Scarecrow? I dunno, but I feel like there's something more to this and I can't figure it out and it's driving me nuts.
I don't think there's anything symbolic about that at all. Jason is a big pinball fan and it makes sense to have had that machine in the show.

That may have been his own machine in the scenes.
Rudyjax
AG
GrayMatter said:

heddleston said:

I don't think there's anything symbolic about that at all. Jason is a big pinball fan and it makes sense to have had that machine in the show.

That may have been his own machine in the scenes.
Might be cost prohibitive to bring a pinball machine in to London.

I be he wrote that line Dr. Sharon said, something like, It's you against yourself and gravity.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Carlo4 said:

Coach=Toto

I thought Toto was killed by Dani on the penalty kick.
Rascal
AG
Watched S1 and S2 all within the last 45 days. Pretty good little show.
Mayor West
AG
Rascal said:

Watched S1 and S2 all within the last 45 days. Pretty good little show.

And Colin's Ferrari is a "pretty good little car"
redline248
AG
Just wanted to post that I randomly started thinking about the show, and inevitably remembered the meltdown scene when Sam told the billionaire no...and now my sides hurt from laughing.
Madmarttigan
AG
Wife and I just murdered this show in a little over a week.

Was on the fence with ever trying it but think it's the best newer comedy I've seen since Marvelous ms maisel.

Roy cracks me up. Can't believe how fast Nate went full ****** though.
CAR96
AG
Is it ok, healthy, to re watch / start with Season 1 and 2 for the 4th or 5th time.
DeangeloVickers
AG
CAR96 said:

Is it ok, healthy, to re watch / start with Season 1 and 2 for the 4th or 5th time.
t - cam
AG
I've definitely seen them all a few times.
bthotugigem05
AG
As long as it's healthy to book an overnight layover in London just so you can go visit Richmond.

CAR96
AG
So that is a real place. How far out of London?
bthotugigem05
AG
CAR96 said:

Pretty far west from central London, but about equidistant between Heathrow and like Covent Garden. The district line of the tube starts/ends at Richmond.

It's a nice upper-class subdivision. The corner where Ted lives (on the west corner of Richmond Green) is nice but there's not really anything to do there related to the show. I walked in to the Prince's Head and had a pint there (it's called the Crown and Anchor on the show). The interior of the pub is shot on a studio in London but it was a nice pub with friendly people who razzed me a bit for traveling all that way just to visit a TV filming location. Roy and Keeley's date along the Thames River was just a few blocks away.
powerbelly
AG
CAR96 said:

It is about halfway to Twickenham Stadium from Central London.
XpressAg09
AG
Southwest facing from this location.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/51%C2%B027'38.0%22N+0%C2%B018'22.9%22W/@51.4605478,-0.3069132,196m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m13!1m6!3m5!1s0x48760dc419c819cd:0x565e63a33abcda0d!2sTOAST!8m2!3d51.4603691!4d-0.3065177!3m5!1s0x0:0x130f7b2eec068e32!7e2!8m2!3d51.4605469!4d-0.3063659
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Was watching this the other day and yelled out NATE! Didn't remember he was in it.

bthotugigem05
AG
My more complete write-up about visiting Richmond: https://andystravelblog.com/2021/11/24/i-visited-ted-lasso-filming-sites-in-london/
inch05
AG
great stuff! thanks!
Rudyjax
AG
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

Was watching this the other day and yelled out NATE! Didn't remember he was in it.

I've seen that movie 15-20 times and it was like a relevation to me when I saw him!
CAR96
AG
Great blog Andy. Enjoyed reading about your trip to Richmond.

Now you got me wanting a Tesla after reading another blog article you published.

Nice work.
Carlo4
AG
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

Carlo4 said:

Coach=Toto

I thought Toto was killed by Dani on the penalty kick.

Hahaha nice. Coach is Toto in my mind simply because they are the only two that left Kansas for Oz. They both did the flight to London.

Carlo4
AG
Any reason why Bill Lawrence is obsessed with Wizard of Oz? They devoted an entire episode to it on Scrubs in season 5 (My Way Home).

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.