***** Ted Lasso S2 Thread *****

177,196 Views | 1385 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by boogieman
Legal Custodian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DVC2010 said:

Legal Custodian said:

AggieArchitect04 said:

Nate is a ********.

Why does his hair get grayer and grayer through the season?

I have to give my wife credit. She called Nate being a dick and terrible person about halfway thru season 1. I always thought it was gonna be something he worked through like most other characters in the show. Boy was I wrong.

I honestly hope there's no redemption story for him.

How can you say that? The whole show is one redemption story after another. There is room for sorrow, but not spite.
I think it would be a fresh look for this show. But do I expect Nate to be redeemed? Yes. There will be some type of redemption story I'm sure. I would just like to see them go a different route of no redemption story.

Do you think Rupert will be redeemed?
CrottyKid
AG
Maybe. If Rupert and Nate get thoroughly outcoached by Ted Lasso in a meaningful game (championship maybe), then they concede that they were wrong about Ted, that could be a form of redemption for them.
redline248
AG
I still think Nate has to fail and realize that tactical knowledge is only a piece of the puzzle. He has never failed as a coach in the show (that we've seen).
bthotugigem05
AG
He wanted to give up on the False 9 in the finale
Scriffer
AG
bthotugigem05 said:

Only because he thought the players were too incompetent to run it
Rudyjax
AG
Scriffer said:

bthotugigem05 said:

Only because he thought the players were too incompetent to run it

And that Ted would blame him for the loss.
t - cam
AG
They didn't give up on it right? He thought they should but the players had his back and they stuck with it.
Scriffer
AG
t - cam said:

They didn't give up on it right? He thought they should but the players had his back and they stuck with it.

Right, they wanted to stick with it.

And he's so messed up in the head, he couldn't even see it for the massive vote of confidence and sign of respect it really was.
redline248
AG
Scriffer said:

t - cam said:

And he's so messed up in the head, he couldn't even see it for the massive vote of confidence and sign of respect it really was.
bingo. That entire scene was the culmination of Ted's "believe" culture. Nate is the only one that doesn't.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Season 2 topped out for me with the funeral episode. Keely has had the best line of the show so far:

"That baby sucks"
"That baby's whack, I hate it"

As for the rest, I thought it started off slowly and had a mediocre ending.
The first season was perfect
-Ben There/R.C.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Also. Subtitles are so necessary in this show.

When keely speaks more than 3 words at a time, can't understand a damn thing she says
-Ben There/R.C.
AgfromHOU
AG
Scriffer said:

t - cam said:

Right, and Ted was even trying to give Nate the credit for wanting to use it, and its eventual success, the whole time. Nate's reasoning behind his betrayal was so stupid. Saying for him as a character, not the writers of the show.
redline248
AG
Nate was out of the game the moment Roy didn't want to headbutt him. He was so offended by that nothing else mattered to him.
Who?mikejones!
Nate's rant made zero sense. He is living in his own reality.
AgfromHOU
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

That's why I'm blaming it on the character instead of the writers. The writers set him up to be in his own reality of him vs the world.
03_Aggie
Agthatbuilds said:

Much like Sam looking at Ted while talking to Rebecca, I think Nate was unloading on Ted the feelings he has towards his own dad.
PatAg
AG
Nate is not entirely in his head, Ted did stop showing him as much love directly (at least on the show) once Roy showed up.
jeffk
AG
Yeah, I imagine that'll come up at some point. Too big a contrast to Ted's assertion that no one who's hurting would get past him again.
powerbelly
AG
PatAg said:

Nate is not entirely in his head, Ted did stop showing him as much love directly (at least on the show) once Roy showed up.

I mean, only because he added an assistant. It is all in Nate's head due to his ****ed up relationship with his dad.
Rudyjax
AG
03_Aggie said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Much like Sam looking at Ted while talking to Rebecca, I think Nate was unloading on Ted the feelings he has towards his own dad.

That is exactly right.
PatAg
AG
powerbelly said:

PatAg said:

I mean, only because he added an assistant. It is all in Nate's head due to his ****ed up relationship with his dad.
Right, like I said, not entirely in his head.
redline248
AG
Unfortunate for Nate that Ted was going through his own small crises. I wonder if Ted will pick up on the only real clue Nate had to give..."you need to go home and be with your son."

Nate, perhaps subconsciously, knows his issues are with his own dad, and a previous poster is 100% spot on about that entire rant being directed at his own dad rather than Ted.

As to Ted's future...y'all think he ends up going back to the states or manages to permanently move his son to England?
jeffk
AG
I bet he goes home to his son.
chiken
AG
Well, his main credo is "I dont quit", which is how Dr Sharon knew he'd return to therapy. So I'm not convinced he will go back home.
CAR96
AG
The letter. Has anyone discussed what was in the letter from Doc Sharon to Ted?
Azariah
AG
PatAg said:

That's called treating him like an adult. Ted isn't Nate's dad, however much Nate wants him to be. It's not Ted's job to babysit Nate's feelings of inadequacy.
bilbobag
Ted is Nate's pseudo father. I think Nate started to feel the same way he feels around his own father when he's around Ted. No fault of Ted's as he was battling his own demons.

This all about Nate being in his own head and wanting the glory to show he maters to everyone who has wronged him.

Something will happen to Nate to make him realize what he has done. Him being the head coach and the consequences with that set him up for that.
htxag09
AG
I just want to know how Nate finds out where Ted keeps his picture and in turn is made to feel like complete dog *****
Gigem314
AG
Ghost of Bizbee said:

When keely speaks more than 3 words at a time, can't understand a damn thing she says
I feel like they could do a better job of audio mixing with the dialogue. With some scenes, the dialogue is quieter and somewhat muffled - which makes it hard to understand on top of the accents. Other scenes it's brighter and stands out.
bthotugigem05
AG
Gigem314 said:

Ghost of Bizbee said:

I feel like they could do a better job of audio mixing with the dialogue. With some scenes, the dialogue is quieter and somewhat muffled - which makes it hard to understand on top of the accents. Other scenes it's brighter and stands out.

I work in London quite a bit, it's true to life.
CrottyKid
AG
perhaps Trent Crimm writes an expos showing that Nate has no idea how to manage a locker room. He may know the tactics, but his players hate him, and he is a cancer in his own locker room.
dc509
AG
Nate's heel turn was awesome, and the shot from behind of him standing on the pitch with his new team was hilarious. All that was left was for him to spray paint "NWO" on Ted's Believe sign instead of ripping it.
Azariah
AG
htxag09 said:

I just want to know how Nate finds out where Ted keeps his picture and in turn is made to feel like complete dog *****
I don't think he would feel like dog **** at all. He feels like all of his anger is justified and he's not self aware enough to think about what it means for the rest of his indignation when one of his examples turns out to be wrong.
t - cam
AG
Azariah said:

htxag09 said:

I don't think he would feel like dog **** at all. He feels like all of his anger is justified and he's not self aware enough to think about what it means for the rest of his indignation when one of his examples turns out to be wrong.

I think that will be when he realizes that people actually care about him. He won't stay villain.
dc509
AG
t - cam said:

Azariah said:

htxag09 said:

I think that will be when he realizes that people actually care about him. He won't stay villain.
Of course he won't. This is Ted Lasso we're talking about. The storyline will probably shift toward him understanding that people care about him, and the new job will be him leaving the nest.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.