***** Ted Lasso S2 Thread *****

177,308 Views | 1385 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by boogieman
bigjag19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AgTrip said:

Something jumped out at me. Ted brought his biscuits and they were made salty. He said he mixed up the sugar probably. Did he just let Rebecca know he was the one cooking those biscuits??? I figured she thought they were from a secret bakery she had yet to find out about.

Did I miss when he confessed they were homemade?
came out in 1 I believe.
Legal Custodian
AG
Also, was the only thing they did with Trent Crimm revealing his source was to move his storyline along. Really nothing changed with Ted knowing that information. Even Beard figured out.
jeffk
AG
Yeah, I didn't really get that decision by the writers. The only people who knew were the Diamond Dogs, so the reveal could have happened quickly and still more organically.
exitone
AG
I think the only reason Trent got fired was for the 'Trent Crimm, Independant' joke.
fig96
AG
bigjag19 said:

AgTrip said:

Something jumped out at me. Ted brought his biscuits and they were made salty. He said he mixed up the sugar probably. Did he just let Rebecca know he was the one cooking those biscuits??? I figured she thought they were from a secret bakery she had yet to find out about.

Did I miss when he confessed they were homemade?
came out in 1 I believe.
Yup, they were in a bit of an argument about Jamie leaving and Ted says how he hopes the biscuits aren't that good, then says something like "But dang it this is the best batch yet, I finally cracked the recipe!"
SPullig
I wonder if they set it up for him to come in to replace Keely as the head of PR for the team.
Complete Idiot
SPullig said:

I wonder if they set it up for him to come in to replace Keely as the head of PR for the team.

Seems like they were setting up something with that Crimm scene, beyond the independent joke I hope. The "something more meaningful" line and locking keys is car, just seemed like something was going to happen with that character.
fig96
AG
Behind the scenes video of the team practicing Bye Bye:
https://www.reddit.com/r/TedLasso/comments/q4jr3b/the_cast_of_ted_lasso_practicing_their_incredible/
TXAG 05
AG
SPullig said:

I figured they would just hire Keelys company for PR work.
LawHall88
AG
Complete Idiot said:

SPullig said:

Seems like they were setting up something with that Crimm scene, beyond the independent joke I hope. The "something more meaningful" line and locking keys is car, just seemed like something was going to happen with that character.
He's gonna bring Rupert down.
fig96
AG
jeffk said:

Oh, Roy's joke about England getting zero points in Euro made me LOL.
Rewatched this with captions…he says Eurovision
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
fig96 said:

jeffk said:

Oh, Roy's joke about England getting zero points in Euro made me LOL.
Rewatched this with captions…he says Eurovision

Yep Eurovision....the over the top song contest. I always watch with closed captions anyway. And that line was great its an obscure reference but really funny that they would watch it.
jeffk
AG
Ohhhh.. okay. I kind of like him rooting against England in soccer better.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
jeffk said:

Ohhhh.. okay. I kind of like him rooting against England in soccer better.

Except they definitely did not get 0 points in Euro 2020 (played in 21). They won their group and beat Germany, Ukraine and Denmark before tying Italy in the final and losing 3-2 on shootout goals.

jeffk
AG
Lol. I'm aware, I watched the tourney.

Sorry - edit because I sounded too dickish. I don't think results in the show have to follow real life quite that closely.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
sure....touche'

except they were talking about the REAL Eurovision where the UK got 0 points.

they don't have to reference real events of course but no reason not to if it were soccer (outside of their league) or eurovision.
jeffk
AG
Yeah, that makes sense.
aglaohfour
AG
SPullig said:

This is exactly what I thought when he said he'd been fired. He's not a super developed character, but I don't see him just fading away for good.

Are we going to finally meet Sam's parents in S3? Seems like he might bring them in to run the restaurant?
exitone
AG
SPullig said:

Dang. I like that idea.
PatAg
AG
Why would someone who was portrayed as a serious journalist take a PR/Marketing job with a football club?
SPullig
Why would they promote the kit guy to head coach of a premier league team in less than 2 years? If you start to put logic into your tv watching you're gonna find holes everywhere.

To answer the question though, he respects Ted and the way he motivates the team and wants to be part of the turn around. Biggest critic to working hand in hand? It's got a nice ring to it right?

That said, I also like what others have said with him staying an inside reporter and somehow bringing Rupert down.
jeffk
AG
Hell probably write a book or become a private eye or something.

Also, I'd probably watch that show too.
Quad Dog
AG
Trent becomes an embedded reporter with Richmond following them all season to them winning it all and writting a book about the season and Ted Lasso. The name of the book is The Independent.
La Fours
AG
Football is life!!!!!
Rudyjax
AG
jeffk said:

Yeah, they play fast and loose with the soccer and financial sides of the plot lines.

They totally missed the playoffs by finishing 2nd.
jeffk
AG
Lol. We were robbed Ted doing a Jim Mora impression too.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Brock Sampson said:

Like a Renaissance painting portraying masculine melancholy

ChipFTAC01
AG
Was Jamie not incredibly offside on the pass that led to his penalty?
jeffk
AG
I was waiting for them to call him off, yeah.
rynning
AG
"Hire your best friend" is not good advice.
Thisguy1
Had to try and explain to the wife what offsides was because I said it immediately.
Rudyjax
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Was Jamie not incredibly offside on the pass that led to his penalty?

I thought so too but we couldn't see all 11.
Rudyjax
AG
Thisguy1 said:

Had to try and explain to the wife what offsides was because I said it immediately.

After 11 years of watching ours kids play soccer, my wife knows offside very well.
bthotugigem05
AG
I still crack up when I think of Beard trying to explain offsides to Ted in the last episode of season 1 using condiment bottles to represent players.
Rudyjax
AG
Thisguy1 said:

Offsides: when a defender is across the line of scrimmage at the snap.

Offside: when a player is closer to the goal than the 2nd to last defender or the ball and becomes involved in the play. (And other ways)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.