***** Ted Lasso S2 Thread *****

177,264 Views | 1385 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by boogieman
KidDoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The No Comment to Trent was a bad move. He should have embraced the mental health slant and talk about how there is no shame in struggling and seeking help. Make himself a martyr of sorts.

And Nate is setting himself up for a big fall. Reminds me of typical low self esteem internet trolls who try to increase their own self worth by beating down others.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Law-5L
AG
Gotta love Trent Crimm, The Independent. A professional and a gentleman.
jeffk
AG
****ING NATE
jeffk
AG
Anyone else notice that the suit Nate wears is pretty much a Roy Kent ensemble?
Quad Dog
AG
I expect a big press conference moment in the next episode.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Only way I'll be happy with finale if one of these happen

#1) Nate is crying and apologizes to Ted
#2) Colin embarrasses Nate somehow
#3) Beard destroys Nate verbally
#4) Roy destroys Nate with his eyebrows

jeffk
AG
I'm guessing the Nate thing doesn't get resolved this season. They need a big conflict to carry over to season three. Maybe he even gets on at a rival team as Richmond get promoted.
BowSowy
AG
Damn, suddenly there are a lot of storylines going into the finale. I hope Nate gets what's been coming to him. I hope Sam ends up taking the transfer offer, because I feel like that would be more in line with how they've set his character up. And I actually hope that Jamie doesn't get into too much trouble. I think it would fit their character development if Roy forgave him.
BowSowy
AG
jeffk said:

I'm guessing the Nate thing doesn't get resolved this season. They need a big conflict to carry over to season three. Maybe he even gets on at a rival team as Richmond get promoted.
What if Sam and Nate end up going to Akufo's club? Nate goes over there with a clear grudge, and maybe something happens in the season finale where Sam feels like Rebecca orchestrated the transfer, and develops a grudge because of it. I feel like they could be setting Akufo up as the big bad guy for season 3 in some way.
AgfromHOU
AG
KidDoc said:

The No Comment to Trent was a bad move. He should have embraced the mental health slant and talk about how there is no shame in struggling and seeking help. Make himself a martyr of sorts.

And Nate is setting himself up for a big fall. Reminds me of typical low self esteem internet trolls who try to increase their own self worth by beating down others.

This is almost completely what I said to my wife after the episode.
jeffk
AG
Maybe, but I have a hard time thinking they'd make the African philanthropist into the bad guy. Maybe he'll end up being an ally of sorts as Richmond try to compete in the PL once they get promoted. Sam leave but comes back on loan at a key moment?
BowSowy
AG
jeffk said:

Maybe, but I have a hard time thinking they'd make the African philanthropist into the bad guy. Maybe he'll end up being an ally of sorts as Richmond try to compete in the PL once they get promoted. Sam leave but comes back on loan at a key moment?
Yeah, I could totally see that as well. Either way, I don't think they'd introduce that character just to take Sam away from Richmond. He's going to play a role in some way going forward
AgfromHOU
AG
You mean Richard Splett?
Ragoo
AG
Karma police
XpressAg09
AG
chiken said:

Also, I loved Higgens pun and Ted's reaction. He can't say no to anything if it's presented in the form of a pun.

Higgins understands Ted's appreciations of puns.
fig96
AG
Agreed but also tough to do with all his emotions in the moment. I can them coming back around to that sort of resolution though.

Nailed it on Nate.
htxag09
AG
hakuna matata, sorry, that was racist

And **** nate
chiken
AG
AgfromHOU said:

You mean Richard Splett?

I was very impressed with Spletts accent!!! He is a great actor!
jeffk
AG
Man, I want Roy and Keeley to weather this little storm okay. Neither has done anything wrong and they're good to each other.

Also, where do we think Ted left the house to go there at the end?
KidDoc
AG
chiken said:

AgfromHOU said:

You mean Richard Splett?

Agree 100% I love that guy he is great in everything he does.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
LawHall88
AG
chiken said:

AgfromHOU said:

You mean Richard Splett?

His mother was born in Ghana and he apparently travelled there numerous times while he was growing up. He more recently went there with Conan:
AgfromHOU
AG
I like that it adds another layer to his character being from Ghana in the show and the fun he pokes at Nigerians
88planoAg
AG
BowSowy said:

jeffk said:

What if Sam and Nate end up going to Akufo's club? Nate goes over there with a clear grudge, and maybe something happens in the season finale where Sam feels like Rebecca orchestrated the transfer, and develops a grudge because of it. I feel like they could be setting Akufo up as the big bad guy for season 3 in some way.
Does Akufo have an iphone?
sburg2007
All I have to say is Phoebe's teacher and her foul mouth are kinda hot.
jeffk
AG
I mean, she's no Veronica Vaughn, but…
Quad Dog
AG
sburg2007 said:

I kept thinking that Phoebe's art were of her teacher, but it could just as be Keeley.
bthotugigem05
AG
I thought Phoebe's teacher's interaction with the other super cheerful teacher were a funny reflection of Roy and Ted
Thunder18
AG
sburg2007 said:

Yea she is
Who?mikejones!
Couple of things-

**** nate. Little rat. My prediction is nate is let go before the match and ted attempts to run the false 9 and fails miserably both because he has no real knowledge and because Sam is supremely distracted.

The Rebecca/Sam relationship does nothing for me because I can't buy into actually happening.

I do appreciate the Ghanaian billionaire storyline. It's a good source of realistic conflict.

Politics are making their subtle ways back in and are unnecessary.
chiken
AG
I figured the hooters were that of Keeley. I cant wait to see You talk to Phoebe about it. I love their interactions.

"You might be dying"
Brock Sampson
AG
I could see a situation where Nate's plan fails miserably, and either he or Ted get heavily criticized. Ted will use it it as a teaching moment for Nate to show him that the head coach doesn't always heap the praises of others. Nate will be humbled soon.

Keely and Roy have to get married in season 3, right?
Who?mikejones!
Yes, that would be a realistic option.

Random question- why was nate buying a new suit
Tanya 93
Agthatbuilds said:

Interviews probably
htxag09
AG
Tanya 93 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Interviews probably

So he had a suit other than the one Ted bought him? He was made fun of for it in the last episode. And overly sensitive about it this episode.
LawHall88
AG
Tanya 93 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Interviews probably
Or maybe he thought he would get Ted's job after the article comes out.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.