***** Ted Lasso S2 Thread *****

177,197 Views | 1385 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by boogieman
t - cam
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aglaohfour said:

I didn't like her at all in the first episode she was in, found her very annoying. But when she was ripping into Rupert, I suddenly noticed how hot she is and now I think I love her.

I thought her opening scene in the hotel lobby in season 1 was amazing. The interaction with Ted was very funny.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Just re-watched the episode this morning and caught a small detail. When Ted is getting dressed for the funeral he is listening to easy lover.

In a previous episode he makes a comment about how he thinks a man should only take as long as easy lover to get ready
jeffk
AG
It occurs to me that it's possible that Nate initiated the contact with Rupert. Wanting to get out of the shadow of Ted and Roy and "reach his full potential" and all. It'll of course be a disaster, but it's a good source of drama.
redline248
AG
How many episodes left?
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
Two
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Tanya 93
jeffk said:

It occurs to me that it's possible that Nate initiated the contact with Rupert. Wanting to get out of the shadow of Ted and Roy and "reach his full potential" and all. It'll of course be a disaster, but it's a good source of drama.
That could be next season's major plot point
Rudyjax
AG
Did Nate put grey in his hair so he wouldn't be the Wonder Kid?

He looked significantly older this episode.
LawHall88
AG
bthotugigem05 said:

"I hate big buts and I cannot lie."
Feels like they took a Ted line and gave it to Sam.
fig96
AG
A Ted line I didn't quite catch the first time through, after telling the story about not telling his dad that he was a good dad. Really explains who he is.

"And I knew right then and there that I was never gonna let anybody get by me without understanding that they might be hurtin' inside."
Quad Dog
AG
Watching the last episode I got the feeling that something happened to Ted's mom too that we don't know about yet.
Every time he, or someone else, mentions hating his dad for what his dad did to him, he always quickly follows up with "and my mom too." It just made me feel like there's more to the story with his mom. We haven't met or heard anything about her yet in the show.
t - cam
AG
fig96 said:

A Ted line I didn't quite catch the first time through, after telling the story about not telling his dad that he was a good dad. Really explains who he is.

"And I knew right then and there that I was never gonna let anybody get by me without understanding that they might be hurtin' inside."

Probably my favorite line in the episode. Something we can all try to remember in our own lives.
Definitely supports the season 1 quote of the season "Be curious not judgmental."
chiken
AG
Quad Dog said:

Watching the last episode I got the feeling that something happened to Ted's mom too that we don't know about yet.
Every time he, or someone else, mentions hating his dad for what his dad did to him, he always quickly follows up with "and my mom too." It just made me feel like there's more to the story with his mom. We haven't met or heard anything about her yet in the show.
I think he means that his dads suicide hurt her as well. Based on what he shared about his father last night, it didn't sound like he was abusive.
redline248
AG
chiken said:

Quad Dog said:

I think he means that his dads suicide hurt her as well. Based on what he shared about his father last night, it didn't sound like he was abusive.
I don't think that is what the poster was talking about, but there could be something.
Tanya 93
redline248 said:

chiken said:

Quad Dog said:

I don't think that is what the poster was talking about, but there could be something.
I wonder if she blamed him.
Quad Dog
AG
Just feels like there's more to the story on his mom. He's always so quick to say that she was hurt too. So much so that it seems like she did something bad, and he blames his dad for that thing. I don't know what his mom did, could be depression, alcohol, leaving Ted, abuse, suicide, something.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it.
t - cam
AG
Quad Dog said:

Just feels like there's more to the story on his mom. He's always so quick to say that she was hurt too. So much so that it seems like she did something bad, and he blames his dad for that thing. I don't know what his mom did, could be depression, alcohol, leaving Ted, abuse, suicide, something.

I don't think Ted is going to be that tortured. Guessing with his great outlook on life the mother had to be an overwhelmingly positive person in his life and I think this recent episode explained his darkness. Don't think they need anymore layers to that story line.
PatAg
AG
Great episode over all.

Did I miss something, why did her singing that song as a eulogy make any sense? Didn't her mom just say she likes to listen to it in the morning because it's happy?
Quad Dog
AG
I think she was really singing that to her mom, and it wasn't about her dad at all. Especially after the conversation in the back room about her being indifferent or hating her mom. So all the lyrics applied to her relationship with her mom going forward.
jeffk
AG
Yeah, her mom said it made her happy and that she really thought she deserved to feel happy every day. So more of an apology/olive branch to her mom than anything about her dad. I think that was the extent of it
spadilly
S
As someone who has been through the hell of anxiety and panic attacks, this show captures the emotions perfectly. I've never watched a show before and been so "seen" by the writing.
lunchbox
FYI - they won another game....they had 82 pts on the board in the office...which kind of doesn't line up with Rebecca dating Sam "for weeks" unless you count all the bantr-ing before they met as dating.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
lunchbox said:

FYI - they won another game....they had 82 pts on the board in the office...which kind of doesn't line up with Rebecca dating Sam "for weeks" unless you count all the bantr-ing before they met as dating.

They were off for the weekend and league play often has 2 week breaks for cups and euro play and international matches.

Could have been during one of those.
jeffk
AG
I'm just impressed they're pretty much on target for a realistic season length and record.
lunchbox
jeffk said:

I'm just impressed they're pretty much on target for a realistic season length and record.
I just wish they would acknowledge it....talk about how close they are to promotion or how tight the top of the table is...something...
jeffk
AG
I bet we get a bit more soccer stakes these last few episodes. Promotion could help with club finances etc.
bthotugigem05
AG
Quad Dog said:

I kind of wonder if his mom died by suicide as well.

Of all people, Dennis Franchione lost one of his parents when he was a teenager and the other was so despondent that they committed suicide, lost both of his parents in a matter of days.
DeangeloVickers
AG
bthotugigem05 said:

Quad Dog said:

Of all people, Dennis Franchione lost one of his parents when he was a teenager and the other was so despondent that they committed suicide, lost both of his parents in a matter of days.

And also from Kansas too
Ragoo
AG
Up and down and all around. Plus Rick rolled. Great episode.
Producers_96
AG
At the risk of getting way too deep, I've never seen any show that speaks to things I've lived through like this one.
Who?mikejones!
That was a tough episode for me.

That's all I'm gonna say
t - cam
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

That was a tough episode for me.

That's all I'm gonna say

Lost my dad a couple years back. No matter the circumstances that episode will hit hard.
CrottyKid
AG
I was totally against the Sam/Rebecca romance, and I thought it should have ended at her front door after the first date, but the way the writers handled it leads me to trust them in the future.
t - cam
AG
CrottyKid said:

I was totally against the Sam/Rebecca romance, and I thought it should have ended at her front door after the first date, but the way the writers handled it leads me to trust them in the future.

Just now? Just kidding but I figured they would get it right.
rynning
AG
jeffk said:

Yeah, her mom said it made her happy and that she really thought she deserved to feel happy every day. So more of an apology/olive branch to her mom than anything about her dad. I think that was the extent of it
This was the first episode that I really bought into Rebecca's mom as a character. I had thought of her more as a plot device, but they gave her much more depth this time.
ChipFTAC01
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

bthotugigem05 said:

Quad Dog said:

And also from Kansas too

If only Sunderland would have hired him away From Alabama in 2002 our lives would all be much better.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.