***** Ted Lasso S2 Thread *****

177,247 Views | 1385 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by boogieman
t - cam
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone else getting into the routine of watching on Thursday's at 11 when it drops?
t - cam
AG
t - cam said:

Anyone else getting into the routine of watching on Thursday's at 11 when it drops?

Will confirm this is one of the one off episodes.
t - cam
AG
t - cam said:

t - cam said:

Can also now confirm that I really freaking enjoyed it. They aren't ever going to waste our time.
denied
Does Phoebe's dad make an appearance?
t - cam
AG
denied said:

Nope, it's all beard.
ConsolTigerAg92
AG
Not a fan. Struggling with this season. Miss the charm. Miss the team.
nai06
AG
t - cam said:

t - cam said:

t - cam said:

Can also now confirm that I really freaking enjoyed it. They aren't ever going to waste our time.

Some people are really going to hate this one but I'm in the same boat as you, I loved it. It was nice to take a walk in beard's shoes (or shiny pants).
powerbelly
AG
Loved it. I think it will be better on rewatch
Tanya 93
Rebecca has completely grown on me

I am 4 episodes into season 2
tk for tu juan
Guess I now know how I will rewatch any bad losses by the Aggies
denied
t - cam said:

denied said:

Nope, it's all beard.

I had considered that possibility, but I think everyone he interacts with is real. Leaving the commentators as the only imaginations, so I think Mary's beau is real (assuming Mary is real). I know he makes the Fight Club reference though so it does have me suspicious of pretty much everyone.
bthotugigem05
AG
Kooky episode, fun distraction playing fast and loose with some really dark themes.

Makes me even more excited to get back to the story next week though. And Ted's good-hearted way of watching the game I think showed just how much Beard needs some simple pleasantness in his life after all of the negativity he experiences.
t - cam
AG
Funny to see Jane in a slightly different light. The scene of them dancing in circles and beard looking legit happy was pretty awesome.
Rudyjax
AG
I always forget on Fridays I am not caught up and click the thread. Anyone else do that?

Fml.
t - cam
AG
Kevin the 3-legged dog said:

I always forget on Fridays I am not caught up and click the thread. Anyone else do that?

Fml.

All the time.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
I'm assuming the episode's title as well as the overall feel are a direct reference to Scorsese's underrated hit of the same name. I thought it was a wonderful ode to the movie. It's been years since I watched that movie, but I definitely had the same overall feeling throughout this episode. An overall uneasiness and questioning the reality being presented.

I loved this episode.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Bunk Moreland
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag said:

I'm assuming the episode's title as well as the overall feel are a direct reference to Scorsese's underrated hit of the same name.

Well that would make you like a smooth bourbon at a steak dinner....just right. (my lame attempt at a Lasso).
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Definitely a different episode, but I thought it was pretty good. Jane is 100% crazy, some of the texts she sent him were wild and they both could use some sessions with the doc.

I liked the parts with the 3 pub lads, especially the end. And Roid Kent was a good character, especially as he rode off on his little scooter lol
Quad Dog
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

I liked the parts with the 3 pub lads
I like that there's a secondary show hidden within of Ted Lasso that's just focused on the guys at the pub. I'd watch it.
jeffk
AG
Board in the office at the end had Richmond sitting on 79 points. FA Cup semis makes me think there's a couple weeks left in the season and they're definitely in the promotion hunt. Last season, the cut line was around 80 points.

Weird episode, but I enjoyed it.
CowtownAg06
AG
I had no idea (maybe still don't) if that was a hallucination or not. Beard is convinced he's in a simulation so…
chiken
AG
What was the significance of constantly dropping his keys or having them returned to him?
powerbelly
AG
chiken said:

What was the significance of constantly dropping his keys or having them returned to him?

That is one thing I want to pay attention to on rewatch.
Rudyjax
AG
powerbelly said:

chiken said:

That is one thing I want to pay attention to on rewatch.

Tell me what you figure out as that was odd. Not sure I'll revisit that one.
Quad Dog
AG
The episode is based on a Scorsese movie After Hours. Similar plot of a guy wandering the street from adventure to adventure and losing his money and keys.
htxag09
AG
Timely that his iPhone died on him this episode. Lol. It's like they were reading this thread.
Big Al 1992
AG
Reminded me of Sopranos episode where Tony took peyote and was out of his mind. Didn't enjoy that or this one.
AgfromHOU
AG
Shut up, Thierry Henry.
t - cam
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

Reminded me of Sopranos episode where Tony took peyote and was out of his mind. Didn't enjoy that or this one.

I realize this didn't move the plot along but the episode itself was brilliant. I don't understand other opinions on it.
La Fours
AG
Was the full moon part of the Scorsese film? If not, what's the significance of that?
Sports-Ag
AG
When Beard started dancing when the beat dropped…I felt that.
t - cam
AG
Sports-Ag said:

When Beard starting dancing when the beat dropped…I felt that.

I just watched the last 10 minutes of the episode. It really is magical.
tk for tu juan
La Fours said:

Was the full moon part of the Scorsese film? If not, what's the significance of that?
It was a blue moon, figured it was for Man City's fan song and for Beard being alone wondering around the city looking for his love

512Ag
AG
About half way through watching last night my wife said, "So this is the Ted Lasso version of Sturgill Simpson's 'Sound and Fury'. "

I think she hit it on the head. Totally different, but still brilliant.
jeffk
AG
I went ahead and figured out the teams record. Richmond has 79 points and is 21-16-6 (W/D/L). Which is pretty good actually. West Brom finished 22-17-7 with 83 points to get second in the Championship last season.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.