***** Ted Lasso S2 Thread *****

177,219 Views | 1385 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by boogieman
Reno Hightower
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Would be questionable if it were a player OR a coach that the owner chose to pursue a relationship with. This is a storyline that has many possible avenues.
Thunder18
AG
I kinda hate the Rebecca-Sam relationship arc
redline248
AG
As an aside, the whole premise of meeting on an online platform with no pictures involved is so dumb. We, as a species, choose mates in part through physical attraction. It's biological.
AgfromHOU
AG
Speaking of music, Don't Look Back In Anger by Oasis, after playing the Gallagher's favorite club.
Quad Dog
AG
Interesting gimic to stand out among all the other dating apps though.
Bunk Moreland
Thunder18 said:

Agree. Hopefully it has a resolution by the end of this season.
BowSowy
AG
Thunder18 said:

Yep. It was intriguing when they didn't know, but it should've ended when they realized the situation at the bar. That said, these writers have done more than enough for me to trust that they know what they're doing.
t - cam
AG
I wanted to hate it but I think they've already made it really sweet.

Complete Idiot
There a good chance she's older than his parents, there's a good chance his teammates would question his playing time if it's known he's dating the owner, there's a good chance she'd be ripped in the press for dating a 21 year old player on the team she owns. It's sweet if they're in love and just go with that, and this show is nothing if not sweet. But it's straying a little too far from reality for some I guess. I find many other other plot lines more compelling and they are more ripe for comedy as well.
jeffk
AG
The Dirty Sock

bigjohn1
AG
The Dirty Sock said:

Yeah, of all people to support Jamie after the blowup with his dad (that was telegraphed so hard that it was coming), being Roy was a surprise...

I am interested to see how this relationship plays out now going forward.
Big Al 1992
AG
Hoosiers references!

"RICHMOND!!!" = "HICKORY!!!!"
Mayor West
AG
bigjohn1 said:

The Dirty Sock said:

Yeah, of all people to support Jamie after the blowup with his dad (that was telegraphed so hard that it was coming), being Roy was a surprise...

I am interested to see how this relationship plays out now going forward.

I remember Roy talking about his grandfather (when he burned his blanket), but not his father…daddy issues of his own? Father/son relationships seem to be a common theme
fig96
AG
There's a mention of him in season 1, something like "He's in his 60s and from south London, of course he's a little racist."
Mayor West
AG
fig96 said:

There's a mention of him in season 1, something like "He's in his 60s and from south London, of course he's a little racist."

Thanks, must've missed it
fig96
AG
Rewatching the new ep and the music on this show is so dang good. The doc on her bike, Issac's haircut, the date, when they walk into the stadium, the match, the hug, closing with Oasis as mentioned the Keane.

Also, another Hoosiers reference in talking about the size of the pitch
bthotugigem05
AG
I'm betting they have access to the Apple Music library.
t - cam
AG
fig96 said:

Rewatching the new ep and the music on this show is so dang good. The doc on her bike, Issac's haircut, the date, when they walk into the stadium, the match, the hug, closing with Oasis as mentioned the Keane.

Also, another Hoosiers reference in talking about the size of the pitch

Should come as no surprise as bill Lawrence created scrubs and he and Zach braff are given a ton of credit for the music throughout that show.
Also Zach braff directed an episode of lasso in season 1.

Sports-Ag
AG
Good episode. Everyone pretty much said what I was thinking on here but no one mentioned Kyrie Irving.

Ted: "I like my water like Kyrie Irving likes his Earth. Flat."
Tanya 93
Binging what episodes are available today.
Stive
AG
Finally got around to watching it last night. Incredible.

The tension in the room after Beard throws his dad out was amazing. And as soon as Roy hugged him it got to me.

As others have said, the writers that are tying all of this together are incredible.
PatAg
AG
I was half expecting a blunt Jan Maas line to the effect "This explains your behavior"
Quad Dog
AG

Quote:

One episode. 29 minutes. 36 shots of Apple products. 1.24 products per minute
I hadn't really noticed the product placement in this show, but envying Apple products isn't something I really care about.
Rudyjax
AG
Quad Dog said:

Quote:

I hadn't really noticed the product placement in this show, but envying Apple products isn't something I really care about.
Thanks. That's all i'm going to notice now.
fig96
AG
I'd only noticed because in most shows they obscure the Apple logos in some way, whereas here they've got the phones and Macbooks front and center.
rynning
AG
Kevin the 3-legged dog said:

Quad Dog said:

Quote:

Thanks. That's all i'm going to notice now.
Yes, it was no accident that Doc's iPhone screen was left completely unscathed when she got hit by that car.
htxag09
AG
I've noticed it but similar as above, just because they don't obscure logos. Honestly, not surprised they do it nor do I think it takes away from the show. Hell, if anything it's more realistic. I mean is it really surprising for far fetched for any of these people to have an iPhone? Plus, it's not like I go much longer than that without seeing an Apple product in real life lol.
jeffk
AG
It actually wasn't. Just went back and rewatched. Damage was around the perimeter and lower corner, but it was there.
Jason_Ag98
AG
The Apple product placement is a lot less intrusive than the Nespresso placement for me.
PDWT_12
AG
My favorite thing is that if a character is a "bad" guy they don't get an Apple product in any Apple TV show.

For instance, Jamie's text with his father shows that he has a green send arrow, indicating his dad is not using an iPhone.
Quad Dog
AG
PDWT_12 said:

My favorite thing is that if a character is a "bad" guy they don't get an Apple product in any Apple TV show.

For instance, Jamie's text with his father shows that he has a green send arrow, indicating his dad is not using an iPhone.
The last minute in the video I posted above touches on that and even shows "evil" characters in other Apple shows carrying around computers with no logo and using Android phones.
PDWT_12
AG
My bad. Should have watched instead of just trying to show off.
Rudyjax
AG
Quad Dog said:

PDWT_12 said:

The last minute in the video I posted above touches on that and even shows "evil" characters in other Apple shows carrying around computers with no logo and using Android phones.

Ain't nobody got time for a video.
rynning
AG
jeffk said:

It actually wasn't. Just went back and rewatched. Damage was around the perimeter and lower corner, but it was there.

Nice catch. I didn't pick up in the damage on the edges. Definitely not shattered but good on them to keep it real. (It must have been a point of discussion.)

I find it hilarious that good guys use Apple products and bad guys don't, though it could be a spoiler alert is some cases.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.