***** Ted Lasso S2 Thread *****

177,151 Views | 1385 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by boogieman
Who?mikejones!
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Good point. But, I'm sure the writers would make some sort of social statement about how it's messed up that it's okay for Rupert to have that age difference in who he screws but not Rebecca.
CrottyKid
AG
I would have written the episode as Rebecca says it can't happen and it doesn't happen. Then, the tension can exist for the remainder of the series.
Thunder18
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Would they? I thought I did the math at the Christmas episode and there was no way they were going up based on all of those ties. Maybe they just had no chance to finish first.

The Championship season plays more games than the PL and they'd only need to be in the top 6 to be in playoff/promotion contention
TexAgBolter
AG
I just want to know how fear is like underwear.
Quad Dog
AG
TexAgBolter said:

I just want to know how fear is like underwear.

It creeps up on you?
Everyone has it, but no one shows it?
AgfromHOU
AG
Comes in all shapes and sizes
Quad Dog
AG
Hidden inside your genes.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
htxag09 said:

As someone who doesn't really follow European soccer, what the hell is happening league wise? If they were relegated why were they playing Manchester city? Also, why were they all so in awe of the stadium, didn't they used to play there all the time?

There are multiple ongoing competitions.

There is your league and you play a regular season round robin. Richmond was sent down so they are at a lower level in that.
But England also has a couple of cups that are open to every league level and you often get a Cinderella from a lower league level who makes a run in those cups like Richmond did this year on their world to make the semifinal. So in that you can play literally anyone including the top level teams. It's a tournament basically and runs concurrent to the reg season.

And they dont regularly play in wembley. That's the national stadium for the national team and they also host big cup matches like semifinals or finals. It's not Man City's stadium. It's like playing a big bowl game at ATT stadium ie jerry world.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Quad Dog said:

It would be like MLB holding a midseason tournament where minor league and major league teams could enter. The winner gets to go on to another tournament of baseball teams from other countries. It doesn't impact World Series standing.

Not exactly.

The winner of the cup just gets the trophy it is not for promotion to anything.

The regular season standings are used for placement in the top Euro leagues. In England the top 4 of the premier League go to the Euro Champions League and the next 2 or 3 go to the Europa league.
Quad Dog
AG
Winners also qualify for the UEFA Europa League and a place in the upcoming FA Community Shield.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/FA_Cup
powerbelly
AG
The FA cup winner gets a qualifying spot for the Europa league.
CrottyKid
AG
I know it has been mentioned earlier, but Sam and Rebecca are the same names as Ted Danson and Kirstie Alley on Cheers. Sam Malone is a former professional athlete and Rebecca Howe is the rich lady who owns the bar. I'm not sure what other parallels exist, but it could be a hint that Sam will become a former player sooner rather than later in order to make the relationship more palatable/ethical. Just spitballing.
spadilly
S
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
powerbelly said:

The FA cup winner gets a qualifying spot for the Europa league.

Except that team is usually qualified for Champions League anyway.

You're right of course forgot that - it just doesn't seem to be as big of a deal for qualification - especially for Spurs. lol.

fig96
AG
I was gonna say, no one cares about Europa league so you're not really wrong

And found this interesting, not sure if the interview where he said something similar was posted in the thread:
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
fig96 said:

you think that's bad... this year they started a tertiary Euro league below Europa League - the confusingly named Europa Conference League.

Spurs are playing in it and most fans think we should just tank the games instead of wasting time.

One of the teams in our Group was founded in 2012 in Slovenia and is ranked like 500th+ in the world.
powerbelly
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

fig96 said:

you think that's bad... this year they started a tertiary Euro league below Europa League - the confusingly named Europa Conference League.

Spurs are playing in it and most fans think we should just tank the games instead of wasting time.

One of the teams in our Group was founded in 2012 in Slovenia and is ranked like 500th+ in the world.

Use it for development of young players only.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
powerbelly said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

fig96 said:

Use it for development of young players only.

yeah our first round matchup we did that on the road leg and lost - played half the starters on home leg and won 3-0.

RAT90
AG
At the end of their conversation, did I hear Phoebe answer Roy with a Roy Kent "nooo!"?
jeffk
AG
Yeah, she did.

And I just loved all of Ted's mistakes when he was talking to the team on the field before the game at Wembley. I just knew he'd try to pull some Hoosiers crap about the field being the same size. Loved all the other coaches' reactions.
Who?mikejones!
Small technical annoyance-

Why did they play the semifinal at wembley? Pretty sure the semis are over two games for the leauge cup.
AgfromHOU
AG
The semi-finals have always been contested at neutral venues. Since 2008, all semi-finals have been held at Wembley.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/FA_Cup_semi-finals
Who?mikejones!
Ah, thought it was the league cup (carabao).

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Ah, thought it was the league cup (carabao).

Last year the Carabao League Cup semis were also played as a single game - due to COVID.

Not sure about this year.
Who?mikejones!
The carabao is weird that only the semis are home and home
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
right...but not last year.
Who?mikejones!
Sure. Didn't realize this show was in real time.
redline248
AG
Seems like a big deal Higgins f-cked up a transfer, right?
La Fours
AG
Yes, I thought so. Did I miss something from a previous episode where that was transfer was talked about?
redline248
AG
I think that's the 1st mention.
La Fours
AG
That's what I thought. Just making sure.
Quad Dog
AG
redline248 said:

Yes, I think he said it was for a fullback too. I think this team could really use a stud on defense.
bthotugigem05
AG
Quad Dog said:

redline248 said:

Yes, I think he said it was for a fullback too. I think this team could really use a stud on defense.
Until Rupert puts Obisanya back on defense where he belongs.
Reno Hightower
Be interesting to see how the new relationship plays out with locker room chemistry. Surely dating the owner could never be viewed negatively by teammates or coaches.
redline248
AG
It's such a terrible idea by Rebecca.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.