***** Ted Lasso S2 Thread *****

176,998 Views | 1385 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by boogieman
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
htxag09 said:

As someone who doesn't really follow European soccer, what the hell is happening league wise? If they were relegated why were they playing Manchester city? Also, why were they all so in awe of the stadium, didn't they used to play there all the time?

They made it to the semis of the FA Cup. Wembley isn't somewhere Richmond players likely would have seen.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/FA_Cup
htxag09
AG
Interesting and that's pretty cool. I just assumed it was playoffs for their league.
jeffk
AG
Yeah, English soccer loves them some tournaments. No playoffs though.
powerbelly
AG
htxag09 said:

As someone who doesn't really follow European soccer, what the hell is happening league wise? If they were relegated why were they playing Manchester city? Also, why were they all so in awe of the stadium, didn't they used to play there all the time?

The FA cup is open to all levels of English soccer. Premier league teams get byes through the early rounds. Wembly is not a home stadium for any team, but hosts big games and national team games iirc.
Quad Dog
AG
It would be like MLB holding a midseason tournament where minor league and major league teams could enter. The winner gets to go on to another tournament of baseball teams from other countries. It doesn't impact World Series standing.
jeffk
AG
How many more episodes do we have?
lunchbox
jeffk said:

How many more episodes do we have?
4...and one of them may be outside the storyline, like the Christmas ep was.
jeffk
AG
Gracias.

Man, I was not ready for all the dad stuff this week. Agree that Sam and Rebecca are cute together but that has to become a scandal/issue, right? Also, Beard was giving off some weird vibes this episode. Hope they don't make him go against Ted in some way.
rynning
AG
jeffk said:

Also, Beard was giving off some weird vibes this episode. Hope they don't make him go against Ted in some way.
Agree. The next episode is "Beard After Hours" so it may be interesting to see where he wandered off to in the middle of London.
La Fours
AG
jeffk said:

Oh, man. I thought they'd kilt Fieldstone in the opening.

What does this mean?
jeffk
AG
kilt = killed
Trident 88
AG
La Fours said:

jeffk said:

What does this mean?
They thought the doctor got killed when the car hit her. I was worried about it, too, because I only started liking her as of the last episode.
BowSowy
AG
La Fours said:

jeffk said:

What does this mean?
He thought they killed Dr Sharon Fieldstone at the beginning of the episode.
htxag09
AG
This threads on a roll of each question getting about 5 answers
AgfromHOU
AG
jeffk said:

And **** Man City.

I love this show, and 99% of what everyone has said about it, but this is the best post on this thread.
DeangeloVickers
AG
FA Cup was really cool back in the day....the local plumber and bartender were playing the professionals
Who?mikejones!
What's up with beard?
Law-5L
AG
"In concussio veritas."
Quad Dog
AG
I think he's realizing that Ted's shtick may work at the college level with a bunch of kids, but doesn't translate to a bunch of pros.
AgfromHOU
AG
Beard has had his moments against Ted and his happy-go-luckiness

Not sure this is entirely one since he offered for Ted to come, but his snarky "it is what it is" after Ted was very reminiscent of a scene in season one where he really gets mad at Ted for basically not caring enough to win.
La Fours
AG
jeffk said:

kilt = killed

Holy crap. I was not putting 2 & 2 together for "Dr. Fieldstone". I'm dumb.
Rudyjax
AG
jeffk said:

Errrr. Playoffs in the Championship league.
spadilly
S
Such a great episode.
CrottyKid
AG
rynning said:

jeffk said:

Also, Beard was giving off some weird vibes this episode. Hope they don't make him go against Ted in some way.
Agree. The next episode is "Beard After Hours" so it may be interesting to see where he wandered off to in the middle of London.

I hope it is the one off episode and is just Beard doing crazy ass **** to blow off some steam. Like The Hangover with Coach Beard in London.
Another Doug
AG
The show is quickly becoming the bizarro-breaking bad (and that is a good thing)

Everyone is flawed but slowly making better decisions
vs.
Everyone is flawed and slowly making worse decisions
Southlake
Cool
birdman
Good episode. The Rebecca-Sam romance is far fetched to me.

She is going to break her goddaughter's heart. Sassy's daughter had huge crush on Sam.
PatAg
AG
birdman said:

Good episode. The Rebecca-Sam romance is far fetched to me.

It just doesn't land for me, I dont think it makes any sense and I dont buy it.
jeffk
AG
Butts on three!
jeffk
AG
Kevin the 3-legged dog said:

jeffk said:

Errrr. Playoffs in the Championship league.

True! Yet another thing they could use to confuse Ted, as I assume they have to be near the promotion line at this point.
Who?mikejones!
Rebecca is going to have to sell Sam to another team. A team sponsored by that oil company.

ChipFTAC01
AG
Would they? I thought I did the math at the Christmas episode and there was no way they were going up based on all of those ties. Maybe they just had no chance to finish first.
jeffk
AG
There's typically a lot of congestion around the cut line each season. They'd gotten points in all those draws and then went on the Roy Kent Effect winning streak, so I could see them being within striking distance.

Could make for some added drama. Need to secure promotion or they'll have to sell off some of our favorite characters. Like Colin. Or the Dutch guy.
Rudyjax
AG
47 year old and 21 year old.

Rupert is going to have fun with this one.
Who?mikejones!
Yeah, the paparazzi is definitely going to be an issue. Maybe even Trent Crimm will be brought back.

Or maybe this will be the beginning of the end for Rebecca and her ownership of the club.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.