***** Ted Lasso S2 Thread *****

176,991 Views | 1385 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by boogieman
CowtownAg06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I did look and this weeks episode is called Man City.
denied

eta: I hate that a key line from this episode (and the word to best describe the episode) is filtered.
t - cam
AG
Another perfect episode. It's just a brilliant show.

nai06
AG
Definitely a rollercoaster of an episode. The locker room scene was just incredible. One of the standouts of the series has been the music selection and tonight was no exception.
t - cam
AG
nai06 said:

Definitely a rollercoaster of an episode. The locker room scene was just incredible. One of the standouts of the series has been the music selection and tonight was no exception.

The music is always perfect.

Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
nai06 said:

Bill Lawrence is a master at music selection for his shows. I think the music was one of my favorite things about Scrubs.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
bthotugigem05
AG
So many things made me nervous about that episode and none of them really felt like they resolved. Nate's betrayal is now set up.

Still some great lines though.
chiken
AG
Man, I just love Roy. Him hugging Jaime was not what I expected but it was brilliant. And seeing Beard losing faith in Ted is surprising! Also, falling over the side and not knowing how to tell Ted he drinks tea now: hilarious
t - cam
AG
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag said:

nai06 said:

Bill Lawrence is a master at music selection for his shows. I think the music was one of my favorite things about Scrubs.

Zach Braff as well and he has directed an episode of lasso and supposedly helps with the music selection.

t - cam
AG
chiken said:

Man, I just love Roy. Him hugging Jaime was not what I expected but it was brilliant. And seeing Beard losing faith in Ted is surprising! Also, falling over the side and not knowing how to tell Ted he drinks tea now: hilarious

Definitely looked over at the wife to confirm we both had allergies during the hug. They've also definitely set up a possible issue with beards drinking.

bthotugigem05
AG
I think it meant something that Roy said Phoebe's mom was busy at the hospital (where she works in the emergency room) right after Ted was Being Ted with a doctor in the emergency room who had a similar hair color as Roy.
chiken
AG
bthotugigem05 said:

I think it meant something that Roy said Phoebe's mom was busy at the hospital (where she works in the emergency room) right after Ted was Being Ted with a doctor in the emergency room who had a similar hair color as Roy.
either my coffee hasn't kicked in or this was confusing AF.

What?????
nai06
AG
chiken said:

bthotugigem05 said:

either my coffee hasn't kicked in or this was confusing AF.

What?????

I think the show was hinting at the ER physician who was treating Dr. Sharon Fieldstone is Phoebe's mom. It wouldn't surprise me because they seem to tie everyone together (like the ussie guy and the dentist).
DeangeloVickers
AG
Aint no policy like a hospitality cause hospital policy dont stop
chiken
AG
Also - who was as surprised as I was to see Dr. Sharon be mean to the lady with the dog!? Seemed kind of a jerk move to tell her the dog hated the outfit.
bthotugigem05
AG
I think it was just our first glimpse into Sharon's life. It wasn't so much that she was being mean to the lady in my opinion. Based on what she said towards the end of the episode, about how the bike ride was her place of peace, she was responding to someone who threatened that peace. I like how it humanized her a bit instead of this enigmatic hero character we had seen thus far.

I saw parallels to how Nate responded when the person on Twitter said something negative about him and threatened his "peace" he was trying to create.
Thisguy1
"I have water or I have wine."

"Chicken and the egg, huh?"
aglaohfour
AG
I retract what I said about the Sam and Rebecca thing being uncomfortable. Now I think it's actually very sweet.

Either I'm hormonal today or there were more really touching moments in this one than usual:

Jamie overhearing Sam's dad on the phone
Roy telling Phoebe that he's afraid he's turning her into the worst parts of himself
Beard tossing Jamie's pos dad out
Roy hugging Jamie in the locker room
Ted telling Sharon about his dad
Sam showing up at Rebecca's house

Also, the haircut scene was hysterical. Them all taking it so seriously just killed me.
Quad Dog
AG
aglaohfour said:

Roy telling Phoebe that he's afraid he's turning her into the worst parts of himself
Definitely a huge fear of mine as a parent.

Quote:

Also, the haircut scene was hysterical. Them all taking it so seriously just killed me
I have seen similar haircuts in soccer locker-rooms.
bthotugigem05
AG
Why do you think we have a barber shop in our player facility. Guys take this very seriously.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Excellent episode

The writing is just ****ing brilliant
aglaohfour
AG
Quad Dog said:

aglaohfour said:

Definitely a huge fear of mine as a parent.

Same! Something I literally worry about on a weekly basis. I thought Phoebe's response was super cute though. Maybe a little too insightful for an 8 year old, but very sweet.
htxag09
AG
t - cam said:

chiken said:

Definitely looked over at the wife to confirm we both had allergies during the hug. They've also definitely set up a possible issue with beards drinking.

I feel like they've set up a scenario for everyone to have a drinking problem lol. Beard and the doc especially. I imagine for the doc it'll be something less obvious, like she's trying to take care of a friend.
bthotugigem05
AG
I think Ted ends up having one more panic attack at a game, somehow Nate is the one who ends up taking questions from the media and lets it slip to Trent Crimm.
Another Doug
AG
htxag09 said:

t - cam said:

chiken said:

I feel like they've set up a scenario for everyone to have a drinking problem lol. Beard and the doc especially. I imagine for the doc it'll be something less obvious, like she's trying to take care of a friend.
It's England, everyone does have a drinking problem.
chiken
AG
So why do you think Roy felt moved to hug him? There's tons of reasons it could be but I wanna hear why you thought he did it

Because he felt bad his dad was such a cow pie to him?
Because he recognized a child that lived with such a horrible example of a father and empathized?
Because he was proud he stood up to his dad?
Because no one, regardless of their attitude in the past, deserves to be treated that way?
bthotugigem05
AG
chiken said:

So why do you think Roy felt moved to hug him? There's tons of reasons it could be but I wanna hear why you thought he did it

Because he recognized a child that lived with such a horrible example of a father and empathized?
Because no one, regardless of their attitude in the past, deserves to be treated that way?

Because he had been thinking of how Phoebe's dad was a piece of garbage and he saw some Phoebe in Jamie.
DeangeloVickers
AG
I was thinking Trent breaks the Ted story and Rebecca gives him the Sam/Rebecca story to deflect

Hoping for a Rebecca redeem story on Ted
fig96
AG
bthotugigem05 said:

chiken said:

Because he had been thinking of how Phoebe's dad was a piece of garbage and he saw some Phoebe in Jamie.
Definitely agree it ties back to Phoebe.

Geez this ep was so good, had a bit of everything.
fig96
AG
"How does that even work, you just fix them up in the middle of the woods and there's no one around to pay you…it doesn't matter…"
jeffk
AG
Oh, man. I thought they'd kilt Fieldstone in the opening.
jeffk
AG
And **** Man City.
htxag09
AG
As someone who doesn't really follow European soccer, what the hell is happening league wise? If they were relegated why were they playing Manchester city? Also, why were they all so in awe of the stadium, didn't they used to play there all the time?
fig96
AG
jeffk said:

Oh, man. I thought they'd kilt Fieldstone in the opening.
I 100% had this thought.
rynning
AG
Great episode. Was anyone else thinking that Doc's iPhone screen would have been cracked in any other show?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.