***** Ted Lasso S2 Thread *****

177,003 Views | 1385 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by boogieman
bthotugigem05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Also, Roy reading Da Vinci Code means something. In that book, the guy helping the main characters the most ended up turning face and becoming their biggest villain.
t - cam
AG
bthotugigem05 said:

Also, Roy reading Da Vinci Code means something. In that book, the guy helping the main characters the most ended up turning face and becoming their biggest villain.

I hate you for pointing this out.

rynning
AG
The song at the end is a great Sade song from 2000 called By Your Side. Very chill and very cool they used it.
Rocagnante
AG
jeffk said:

WHISTLE

Roy, why don't you just use an actual whistle?

I told you, my lips are sensitive to impure metals and whistles give me mouth hives.

La Fours
AG
rynning said:

The song at the end is a great Sade song from 2000 called By Your Side. Very chill and very cool they used it.

Quad Dog
AG
It could also mean he learned to crack the code... with Keeley.
bigjag19
AG
bthotugigem05 said:

Spoiler alert
jeffk
AG
Loved his "You can't stop reading because the chapters are so short!"
CrottyKid
AG
Keely's nip? I didn't catch that!
htxag09
AG
I thought it was a rose pedal.
redline248
AG
There was a lot of awkward in that episode...more than I can remember. It's interesting how the Dr has seemingly helped everyone immediately, but they are intentionally dragging it out with Ted.
redline248
AG
...and there was no way Roy was going to publicly give Jaime credit for that relationship epiphany. Perfectly done in character...just f-cking walks off from practice.
htxag09
AG
redline248 said:

There was a lot of awkward in that episode...more than I can remember. It's interesting how the Dr has seemingly helped everyone immediately, but they are intentionally dragging it out with Ted.
Well Ted's a little deeper than a 20 year old who's biggest concern is what supercar to buy
MooreTrucker
AG
redline248 said:

Ted is dragging it out. She can help the rest because they want to let her help. Ted is averse to that so far.

Nate needs a good ass-kicking.
PatAg
AG
MooreTrucker said:

redline248 said:

Ted is dragging it out. She can help the rest because they want to let her help. Ted is averse to that so far.

Nate needs a good ass-kicking.
People like Nate always turn around dish our what they have been receiving when they get some power. WIth this show, I assume he will realize it and grow out of it at some point.
MooreTrucker
AG
He's also going after people that can't fight back. If he "grows out of it" it'll have to be through some tough love from Coach Beard, or getting his ass kicked.
fig96
AG
I can see Nate getting his feelings hurt, leveraging his recent fame and leaving for another job out of spite, then getting exposed for his lack of depth of knowledge and realizing he needs Ted and co in his life.
jac4
AG
fig96 said:

I can see Nate getting his feelings hurt, leveraging his recent fame and leaving for another job out of spite, then getting exposed for his lack of depth of knowledge and realizing he needs Ted and co in his life.

So Jaime Tartt's plot arc?
redline248
AG
Sort of, but not really. Nate isn't a lifelong pr-ck learning how to be part of a team. He's a team first, "new money" pr-ck that will need to learn the team is what allowed him to succeed. He may be a wonder kid, but he doesn't have people skills that allow Ted to be such a good coach (which is obvious).

Same but different
fig96
AG
Yeah, Nate doesn't have a left foot that was kissed by God.
XpressAg09
AG
Potentially unpopular prediction:

Nate doesn't turn it around and Ted has to let him go and is emotional about it and all that. Nate has some serious issues and we've seen what he's capable of when he gets a taste of fame. He'll get passed up by Roy Kent, who's becoming an incredible coach in his own right, and Nate will lash out on the towel guy, or punch down, as has been pointed out before.

I just don't see him coming back from the way the last episode ended.
LawHall88
AG
XpressAg09 said:

Potentially unpopular prediction:

Nate doesn't turn it around and Ted has to let him go and is emotional about it and all that. Nate has some serious issues and we've seen what he's capable of when he gets a taste of fame. He'll get passed up by Roy Kent, who's becoming an incredible coach in his own right, and Nate will lash out on the towel guy, or punch down, as has been pointed out before.

I just don't see him coming back from the way the last episode ended.
My guess is he makes another unilateral coaching decision, only this time it backfires and costs them an important game, and he has some sort of meltdown from the negative social media / press reaction. We've already seen how just one negative comment impacts him.
Bunk Moreland
Not sure where Nate lands in it all, but I think we'll see pressure put on Rebecca to make Roy the HC at Richmond, or Roy being poached by another team.
CowtownAg06
AG
I don't think it's this shows ethos to not have Nate redeemed.

Anyone know which episode is other one added post season as a stand-alone? I remember when reading about the Christmas episode there would be another one.
bthotugigem05
AG
That's what I think will happen too, followed by him blaming Ted for it.
Who?mikejones!
Bunk Moreland said:

Not sure where Nate lands in it all, but I think we'll see pressure put on Rebecca to make Roy the HC at Richmond, or Roy being poached by another team.

Would make for an interesting 3rd season
powerbelly
AG
Agree
jeffk
AG
I'm mentally preparing myself for this season ending on sort of a down note or unresolved conflict. Some big problem that causes our characters to split off from Richmond. Then S3 tackling how to put the pieces back together or repair the damage done.
fig96
AG
jeffk said:

I'm mentally preparing myself for this season ending on sort of a down note or unresolved conflict. Some big problem that causes our characters to split off from Richmond. Then S3 tackling how to put the pieces back together or repair the damage done.
Same, I can totally see them using that as a jumping off point for s3.
LawHall88
AG
This is from an interview with the actor that plays Nate:
Quote:

So far this season, Nate seems to be feeling disregarded, and not afforded the respect he thinks he deserves.

What's interesting now is this is a character who still has the same demons and insecurities, but he's now got this position of power. But he's struggling because he's still awkward. We're about to find out and this isn't really a spoiler that it is connected to the relationship with his dad, in that he's never been able to please him. So I think Nate is quite an embittered soul, sadly. We are going to see him spiral a bit, but I won't give anything more away.

When I interviewed the creators last month, they seemed very interested in things like social media and the thirst for attention and how it can bring out the worst in people. To what extent will that shape Nate's story?

That absolutely resonates, the rise of social media and how it affects anyone in the public eye and how they act. One thing Jason did say is that just through his experience on "Saturday Night Live," you can see a change in people. When they first start out, they're really hungry and loving it and being really creative. But there is a tipping point when they get a little recognition, when it starts to go to people's heads. Not everyone, but some people things can take a slightly different turn. So I think Nate's story is absolutely based on a truth.

Is any of that playing out in your own life now that you're getting recognized for "Ted Lasso"?

[Laughs.] I hope not. It's a weird old thing though, especially because I actually live in Richmond, where the show is set. I go jogging over Richmond green and people are like, "Nate the Great! Nate the Great!" I'm a little nervous now because of Season 2, and particularly the way Season 2 ends I hope there won't be an aftermath to that. We'll see how it pans out.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/26/arts/television/emmy-awards-nick-mohammed-ted-lasso.html
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
Bunk Moreland said:

I think this is actually how the show ends. S3 will be the final season, and I suspect Ted Lasso steps down and Roy is named HC, as that seems to be clearly where this is heading. Ted knows he should not be a soccer coach, and he is realizing that he cannot handle being so far away from his kid.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Rudyjax
AG
So today I joined a client meeting a few minutes late and they were talking. I heard them talking about someone named Roy. I figured out it was Roy Kent, so they were like, oh hey, Kevin the 3 legged dog, how're you? I said, Roy Kent, he's here, he's there, he's everywhere." They thought it was hilarious.

My claim to fame.
jeffk
AG

Check that location. FA Cup Final confirmed?
ChipFTAC01
AG
Could be the semi final (which I didn't know until I looked it up just now have been at Wembley as well since 2008)
jeffk
AG
Ah, good point. Didn't realize that either.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.