***** Ted Lasso S2 Thread *****

177,252 Views | 1385 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by boogieman
BowSowy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yep, agreed. I also like looking forward to certain nights of the week because of which shows come on.
jeffk
AG
Koldus131 said:

Just my two cents, but give me a show that releases weekly all day every day. I think a huge part of the reason almost any and all content released on Netflix is complete and utter **** now is because it's all marketed and planned for people to binge and then never think about again.

Yeah, I actually kind of like having appointment viewing back on my schedule.
PatAg
AG
I think it has more to do with Netflix focusing on quantity over quality, personally.
PatAg
AG
jeffk said:

CowtownAg06 said:

I can't understand Nate or Coach Beard sometimes.

Yeah, Nate is the only person I can't understand consistently. His voice volume is so low and accent is too hard to pick up sometimes.
He's a mutterer as well, loves to trail off
fig96
AG
I mean, it makes sense looking at the business model.

Netflix's goal is to have everyone's favorite show, which means a ton of content to hit all kinds of different viewing preferences. If they hook a family for a couple must see shows they've won.

On the flip side, Apple is all about trying to bring you into their ecosystem. Heck, AppleTV is basically free for most people. If they've got enough shows that generate some buzz it's a successful experiment for them, they've got the funding to find top creatives and give them the freedom to create great content.
Rudyjax
AG
fig96 said:

Netflix's goal is to have everyone's favorite show, which means a ton of content to hit all kinds of different viewing preferences. If they hook a family for a couple must see shows they've won.

On the flip side, Apple is all about trying to bring you into their ecosystem. Heck, AppleTV is basically free for most people. If they've got enough shows that generate some buzz it's a successful experiment for them, they've got the funding to find top creatives and give them the freedom to create great content.
Apple TV doesn't have nearly as much, but the content is superb.
t - cam
AG
PatAg said:

I think it has more to do with Netflix focusing on quantity over quality, personally.

I think they put some money behind a few projects a year that almost always turn out well but the binge format that they invented means they need a bunch of stuff so you certainly get some poorly made shows. What sucks is I've been completely invested in far too many of them.

bthotugigem05
AG
I think there's some logic to the whole Binge Content movement. You want to hook people and make them feel pot committed to a show without really realizing that it's not actually any good and just watch the few more episodes to finish it out because they're already that close anyway.
Rudyjax
AG
bthotugigem05 said:

I think there's some logic to the whole Binge Content movement. You want to hook people and make them feel pot committed to a show without really realizing that it's not actually any good and just watch the few more episodes to finish it out because they're already that close anyway.
I don't know. I have like 20 shows on my finish watching that I'll never get around to.
MooreTrucker
AG
We just have one. Stopped Outlander in the middle and don't plan to go back.
fig96
AG
For the soccer fans on the board...

fig96
AG
For those who just love to make fun of stupid people...

mic suede
fig96 said:

HBO seems to be the gold standard, at least in terms of content quality. They take both approaches, most of their prestige shows get dropped weekly, but they also have shows where they will dump an entire season over 3 weeks (3 or 4 episodes at a time).

I'd love to know the viewing data from these streaming sites. For me personally, I like somewhere in between the full binge and the weekly model. I love knowing a show like the white lotus or chernobly or mare of easttown has blown up and that I have5-7 episodes to watch. I don't want to HAVE to wait 7 days between episodes, but I also don't want to "burn through" multiple episodes in a single day.
jeffk
AG
I will say this: S1 was very Ted-centric from a story perspective. S2 has focused more on the other characters with Ted more of a plot device than a character. But I think the writers did this purposefully to sort of allow the Ted facade to sort of wear thin up until this point. Now we now he's been sort of cracking under the surface and him dealing with his hurt (probably with help from all those characters this season has built up) will be the focal point through the season's end.
redline248
AG
Geez, I will never cease to be amazed by the stupidity of the human race
BowSowy
AG
redline248 said:

Geez, I will never cease to be amazed by the stupidity of the human race
If you ever want to feel better about yourself, venture over to reddit
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
Another phenomenal episode, although tough to watch at times. Nate's comment to Collin was so evil and heartbreaking and then his treatment of the kit manager at the end (who clearly looks up to him) was rough to watch. Nate can't help but punch down in an attempt to build himself up, and I think it might actually lead to him getting fired, if only briefly. I can't imagine Coach Beard will tolerate that kind of behavior again.

Keely and Roy's relationship continues to be a highlight of this show, and glad that they introduced some conflict between them, even if it seemed to resolved by the end of the episode.

I really enjoyed Ted's interactions with the Team's psychologist. I really liked Ted dropping the facade for a bit to show that he does indeed have a mean side.

I'm also interested to know what Trent Crimm, The Independent, knows. I guess I'm curious how he could possibly have any dirt when basically the only people that actually have any idea are Rebecca and the psychologist. Is it going to come out that Rebecca actually blabbed about his panic attack in season 1 prior to reconciling with Ted? Would make for some interesting conflict.

Ultimately, I think this episode sets this up for a pretty dark ending to the season, and I am liking the brief departure from the typical overwhelming positivity, as this episode finally boiled over the things that were simmering just below the surface.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
chiken
AG
That was really difficult to watch Nate act a total turd burger but that's completely expected behavior from someone with such low and fragile self-esteem. His dad is a total ****!!

I was surprised to see Keely's nip!

And I loved that the doctor told him Ted offended her! And her points were exactly the truth serum he needed. Yes, we would work for free, but we don't. I loved it so much. Doc's facial expressions kind of bug me AND crack me up simultaneously. Sometimes I wish she'd switch the plain facade, but then it's hilarious that she remains facially stoic for most things.

I would have loved for Roy to say "you're right" to Jaime instead of just walking off with the F!!!! Give the guy some credit sometimes!

And I would have loved it if Sam/Rebecca had seen each others screens at that second and just left it there.

wounded butterfly. LOL!
chiken
AG
Also - peas and carrots with me, potatoes and meat with Beard.

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!
bthotugigem05
AG
Hurt people hurt people. You have Ted, who was hurt by what his dad probably did to himself, and Nate, who is hurt by what his dad does to him.

Beard and his new hat crack me up.
fig96
AG
fig96
AG
Law-5L
AG
Nate: "Jamie and Dani are like Picasso and Gauguin."

Colin: "Pedophiles?"
jeffk
AG
WHISTLE
htxag09
AG
House may be completely torn apart. But I have the essentials
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
jeffk said:

WHISTLE

the part the followed was awesome - the disagreement with Tartt followed by a very lucid selfless description that made Roy realize his issue with Keeley and......

Roy: "****"!!!!!!!
<storms off>
AgGrad99
AG
Darn tootin Vlamdir Putin
aglaohfour
AG
I'm so disappointed by Nate's behavior. What he said to Colin was cruel, but the treatment of the kit manager seems even more egregious to me because that kid has absolutely no recourse and no one to defend him. It's painful to watch, but with the glimpses of his family life to put his insecurities into perspective, it's excellent character development.

Ted having just a hint of tears in his eyes when he talked to Doc broke my heart. I almost don't want to know what he's going to reveal. I felt like his expression is after Trent left the pub maybe indicated that he either thinks something is up with Trent's questions, or maybe he's thinking that he should tell the truth about his panic attacks?
Anagrammatic Nudist
AG
The shot of the sprinkler coming on was absolutely perfect timing. IYKYK.
t - cam
AG
Finally caught up. People that were worried about no conflict should be happy now.

The last couple episodes have come pretty hard.

jeffk
AG
Yeah, Nate's insecurities are now causing him to lash out at others. Remember he asked Keely to help him become famous earlier this season. He's just not equipped to handle the microscope that's on him now.
bthotugigem05
AG
The microscope has always been on him because his dad. I feel like his quest for fame was to try to forget about all the negativity he has experienced at home. I agree though that he is not ready for the type of theme that he thinks he wants.
rynning
AG
I felt like Nate was talking to Colin the way his dad talks to him. He may also need to visit Doc.

I'm also thinking Ted repeating "I had food poisoning" to Trent is a setup for him to have another public panic attack.
t - cam
AG
rynning said:

I felt like Nate was talking to Colin the way his dad talks to him. He may also need to visit Doc.

I'm also thinking Ted repeating "I had food poisoning" to Trent is a setup for him to have another public panic attack.

I think we need to involve Trent more. He's great and episode about him the first season is one of my favorites.

bthotugigem05
AG
Nate's response to Beard was telling too, he only wanted to know if Beard told Ted.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.