***** Ted Lasso S2 Thread *****

177,350 Views | 1385 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by boogieman
AgfromHOU
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My favorite reference was Higgins talking about how his wife is his rainbow. Then Roy goes to the stadium in a rainbow bike cart while She's A Rainbow is playing.
MRB10
AG
I'm so going to overuse the "what happens when you cross an elephant with a rhinoceros?" Joke. I can't wait.
Gigem314
AG
AgfromHOU said:

My favorite reference was Higgins talking about how his wife is his rainbow. Then Roy goes to the stadium in a rainbow bike cart while She's A Rainbow is playing.
"You had me at coach"
redline248
AG
I mean, the whole thing from Roy telling the anchor he had to go, to him saying you had me at coach was 100% rom com. Just amazing
h1ag
AG
At the end when Roy said hi to all the coaches, it zoomed back on Nate looking distressed and there was some Shining-like violin scratching in the background. Anyone else catch that and think it might be foreshadowing some sort of conflict coming up between the coaching staff?
t - cam
AG
h1ag said:

At the end when Roy said hi to all the coaches, it zoomed back on Nate looking distressed and there was some Shining-like violin scratching in the background. Anyone else catch that and think it might be foreshadowing some sort of conflict coming up between the coaching staff?

Will probably be more about internal conflict within Nate himself. He'll openly welcome Roy but be nervous about his position going forward. Remember Nate is not a confident man.

zip90
AG
Wife and I watched again to see how many references to Rom Coms we could get:

Bantr Handles - Bossgirl and LDN152 - You got mail
I am just a coach standing in - Notting Hill
You complete the team - Jerry Maguire
As you wish - Princess Bride
When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life coaching - When Harry met sally
I have to go - Sleepless in Seattle
Couples interview at game - When Harry met Sally
Higgins meeting his wife at the game- Love Actually (Airport screen)
You had me at Coach - Jerry Maguire

As fast as they were flying,I am sure we missed a few.

fig96
AG
How does this show just keep getting ****ing better every week.

I was grinning from the moment Issac got taken down in that pickup game all the way to the end.
PatAg
AG
What an episode
h1ag
AG
t - cam said:

h1ag said:

Will probably be more about internal conflict within Nate himself. He'll openly welcome Roy but be nervous about his position going forward. Remember Nate is not a confident man.
I can see that. I'm just curious to see what he does or doesnt do to make his discomfort consequential to everyone else.

To one of your earlier points, I 100% agree. About 15 minutes in, I said to myself "this season feels like a bunch of one off episodes rather than one coherent storyline" and not 2 minutes later I said "ohhhhhh. now I see it was tied together the whole time."
PatAg
AG
AgfromHOU said:

YOu might have missed the conversation between Higgins and Rebecca about the song playing at the bar when he met his wife, and it being their song.
PatAg
AG
I don't think they are misdirecting Ted and Rebecca. Just based off of Bill Lawrence's Scrubs, they are definitely getting together. He doesn't shy away from the obvious, but he always makes it work.

Just like all of the references and repurposed rom-com lines, it could have easily been hamfisted but they made them all seamless.
Azariah
AG
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia said:

DeangeloVickers said:

Jamie was in background a few times.

From the get go I thought it was foreshadowing Ted with Owner.....and I told my boys I felt Ted would step down and give to Roy and the end of season 3 (maybe it's sooner now)

Also, my entire family when trying to get someones attention will now say "Oy!!" /Roy Kent voice

Damn I missed him then. And I know they have been foreshadowing him and Rebecca and I just almost wish they didn't. But I get it.

Also, small complaint. I almost wish they would have left Roy in the booth for longer. Just seemed really fast to have him have this epiphany and help from keely getting him to the booth only for him to return to the pitch two episodes later. But I know they had to get Roy back around Richmond. Just wish they could have dragged that out longer.

You gotta remember, this is months later. We skipped ahead a lot for the Christmas episode. This isn't that sudden for Roy.
fig96
AG
Azariah said:

HummingbirdSaltalamacchia said:

DeangeloVickers said:

Jamie was in background a few times.

From the get go I thought it was foreshadowing Ted with Owner.....and I told my boys I felt Ted would step down and give to Roy and the end of season 3 (maybe it's sooner now)

Also, my entire family when trying to get someones attention will now say "Oy!!" /Roy Kent voice

Damn I missed him then. And I know they have been foreshadowing him and Rebecca and I just almost wish they didn't. But I get it.

Also, small complaint. I almost wish they would have left Roy in the booth for longer. Just seemed really fast to have him have this epiphany and help from keely getting him to the booth only for him to return to the pitch two episodes later. But I know they had to get Roy back around Richmond. Just wish they could have dragged that out longer.

You gotta remember, this is months later. We skipped ahead a lot for the Christmas episode. This isn't that sudden for Roy.
I think his epiphany also at least partially happened when he was on the sideline watching Issac in the pickup match, even if he hadn't admitted it to himself yet.
AgfromHOU
AG
No I caught that
CrottyKid
AG
Unless this show is planning to end this season, I don't see Rebecca on the other end of Ted's phone, and vice versa.
jeffk
AG
Supposedly the writers have it planned as a three-season story.
Thunder18
AG
zip90 said:

When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life coaching - When Harry met sally

Ted also said "I'll have what he's having" at the kebab place
ChipFTAC01
AG
Thunder18 said:

zip90 said:

Ted also said "I'll have what he's having" at the kebab place

Missed that one.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
There was a brief joke in the episode about Ryan Reynolds and Rob Mcelhenny owning a soccer club. They responded:

ChipFTAC01
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

There was a brief joke in the episode about Ryan Reynolds and Rob Mcelhenny owning a soccer club. They responded:

Well played.
t - cam
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

FightinTexasAg15 said:

Well played.

Rob also has a show on Apple + called mythic quest. If you haven't watched and are looking for something it's pretty good.

redline248
AG
The line about high quality programming ranging from season 1 to season 2 of that show is pretty hilarious.
lunchbox
DeangeloVickers said:

If I ever start a band, it is going to be called "Oy! Phoebe!"
Sex Panther
AG
I must've missed the Mack and Ryan Reynolds joke. What was it?

Also another fantastic episode
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Higgins makes a comment to Rebecca about Ryan Reynolds and Rob Mcelhenny buying Wrexham AFC, but he isn't sure if it's real or a joke
birdman
Awesome episode.

I don't think Ted is texting Rebecca. I think it's her friend, Sassy.
AgfromHOU
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

Higgins makes a comment to Rebecca about Ryan Reynolds and Rob Mcelhenny buying Wrexham AFC, but he isn't sure if it's real or a joke

But it is real
bthotugigem05
AG
The show is about the characters facing their fears and having the lessons they learn be tested. Nate got his confidence, walked out onto the pitch wearing it (symbolized by the suit), but then Roy shows up wearing a buttoned jacket. Nate immediately reached for his jacket as if to button it and looked at Ted as if he betrayed him.

Lots of fun storylines to come, inevitability a Beard arc or two, but lots of emotional moments too, once the doc finally gets Ted in her chair and Nate probably forgetting that it was Ted who gave him the opportunity in the first place and quitting on him.
jeffk
AG
Loved Nate and Keely's reaction to Rebecca "making herself big."
jugjug
AG
man i'm just about to start this show. looking forward to binging S1
CubbieAggie
AG
These last two episodes have been absolute bangers. Really impressive work that they stand out even in a show filled with quality.

And Roy Kent is quickly making his way up onto the Mt Rushmore of TV characters.
Average Joe
AG
Honestly, this show is going to set records for the number of awesome characters. Even Higgins, who started out as just the awkward guy, has really turned out to be a great character between the Christmas episode and the Rainbow bit.

I'm not sure I could even name a character I don't like at this point.
t - cam
AG
Average Joe said:

Honestly, this show is going to set records for the number of awesome characters. Even Higgins, who started out as just the awkward guy, has really turned out to be a great character between the Christmas episode and the Rainbow bit.

It's amazing that every character is so well thought out. Like even the selfy kid has depth.

Rudyjax
AG
t - cam said:

Average Joe said:

It's amazing that every character is so well thought out. Like even the selfy kids has depth.

It's usie.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.