***** Ted Lasso S2 Thread *****

177,365 Views | 1385 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by boogieman
AgfromHOU
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What have you got to be sad about? Did one of the Paw Patrol dogs die?

My wife and I died on that one because our two year old just got into Paw Patrol
Marauder Blue 6
AG
"I think we might be dying.".
jah003
S
AgfromHOU said:

My wife and I died on that one because our two year old just got into Paw Patrol

I had to pause because I couldn't stop laughing.
Who?mikejones!
That was a fun episode
AgGrad99
AG
Loved that episode so much
bthotugigem05
AG
The nerf bit was greatness
Gigem314
AG
jah003 said:

AgfromHOU said:

I had to pause because I couldn't stop laughing.
Same.

It's the point where I almost have to pause every time there's a scene with Roy. He cracks me up. They've built up his character brilliantly.
aglaohfour
AG
Quad Dog said:

I also noticed that Sam was given the book Ender's Game by Ted in season one. I hadn't thought about the connection until someone above pointed out the importance of books in the show.
Ender's Game is about a young boy with huge potential isolated from his family. That grows into that potential and leadership. Ender makes choices to take his actions to the extreme end to prove points, but often the consequences of those actions are hidden from Ender. Spoiler for Ender's game: At the end he destroys an entire alien species during what he thought was a simulation, but it was a real battle. Afterwards Ender doesn't feel like he can return to Earth and remains away, but finds an egg of the alien species he destroyed. The book ends with Ender traveling he galaxy looking for a new home for the aliens.
A whole lot of parallels with Sam there. Now that's just good writing in this show, and a huge pay off from a tiny moment in season one to a major plot point in season two.

As a lifelong Ender's Game fan, I so appreciate you picking up on this. I did remember seeing the book in season one, but didn't recall who received it. It really does fit with Sam's story beautifully. Amazing writing.
t - cam
AG
AgGrad99 said:

Loved that episode so much

Just put this comment on repeat. I haven't journeyed over here till now but glad I realized there is a forum discussing this show. I can't think of a show that has meant more to me.
aglaohfour
AG
I can't say how delighted I was that this was a Christmas episode. It was a really lovely surprise. And Rebecca with the gifts and making sure that Ted wasn't alone! I just love seeing her become more open and allowing people to see that she's not really a cold hearted *****. I know this may sound silly, but I'm going through the end of my own marriage/dealing with a lot of anger, and it genuinely touches my heart to see her healing.
djmeen95
AG
Holy hell.

This episode made me happy. Like for real.

That one gets added to the Christmas rotation.
Who?mikejones!
My only tiny issue with this episode, and I know I'll probably catch heat for it...

Sam and his comment relating Christmas and imperialism. Is he aware 40000+ Christians have been murdered in Nigeria since 2009?

There was no need to bring that up imperialism again, especially this episode.

Nitpicking, I know. Otherwise, best episode of the season.
redline248
AG
I doubt the writers of the show know that...but it was my least favorite line of the episode.
t - cam
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

My only tiny issue with this episode, and I know I'll probably catch heat for it...

Sam and his comment relating Christmas and imperialism. Is he aware 40000+ Christians have been murdered in Nigeria since 2009?

There was no need to bring that up imperialism again, especially this episode.

Nitpicking, I know. Otherwise, best episode of the season.

It it does fit his character. He's voiced those kind of opinions before even while embracing other's beliefs or feelings.
Who?mikejones!
Yes. He voiced it with the toy American soldier. Though I'm unaware of American military imperialism efforts in Africa.

Prophet00
AG
I believe he said colonization, as in the British colonization of Africa including spreading Christianity. It totally fits his MO, given how he's talked so protectively about Nigerian/African culture.
Who?mikejones!
Ah, that would make more sense.

Thanks for the correction
spadilly
S
Just finished the episode and can't stop smiling. That was so fun.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
"We're never going to make it. Tell my incredibly beautiful wife I love her."

"I'm not going to do that because you can tell her yourself. Then you can hook me up with her identical beautiful twin sister"
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
Well, got a pogues song with Roy Kent doing Roy Kent things so close enough to my earlier guess
t - cam
AG
Roy Kent is a character masterpiece.
redline248
AG
By they way...did Jaime say "God bless me, everyone"
denied
Yes he did.

I think part of the character issue is that he just doesn't get it. His childhood was so warped by his father that he doesn't understand it is okay to think of others. Even secret Santa, his motivation was that he didn't want to be the ******* once he understood it. That is why the comment.
t - cam
AG
redline248 said:

By they way...did Jaime say "God bless me, everyone"

Yes, classic Jaime
ChipFTAC01
AG
Very sweet episode with some great Roy. My wife found it odd that they were saying Merry Christmas rather than Happy Christmas like the brits do.
Quad Dog
AG
My wife and I picked up on that too. Also we were suprised at how many kids were answering the door with no adult on Christmas. One kid said his parents were lawyers, but in England he'd say solicitor or barrister.
dave99ag
AG
Excellent Christmas episode!

I thought I was watching a live version of Bluey with them searching for a dentist. Roy killed it again!
Quad Dog
AG
Just saw a fan near the field wearing Jamie's ICON hat in the background of the Everton v Southampton game.
tk for tu juan
If they would have released the first three episodes on 7/23 like mentioned by Hunt, then this would have been a Christmas in July episode on 7/30.
Rudyjax
AG
tk for tu juan said:

If they would have released the first three episodes on 7/23 like mentioned by Hunt, then this would have been a Christmas in July episode on 7/30.

The majority of the audience will watch it when they discover it. It won't matter.

Mayor West
AG
Quad Dog said:

My wife and I picked up on that too. Also we were suprised at how many kids were answering the door with no adult on Christmas. One kid said his parents were lawyers, but in England he'd say solicitor or barrister.

Don't the Brits also say "happy Christmas" vs "merry Christmas "?
redline248
AG
I'm amused that you read this post, but apparently not the post preceding it.
chiken
AG
I just watched EP 4 again. I noticed the picture of Cindy Clawford when he was going to open the door to Sam. Cracked me up
La Fours
AG
Such an amazing episode. Finally got a chance to sit down and watch it tonight.

I may be captain obvious here, but IMO, the soundtrack of this episode was a huge part of the story. More so than any other episode so far. And when I realized that music was a big part of the story, I was hoping they would include The Pogues "Christmas in New York". And I was very happy they did.

Simply brilliant.
redline248
AG
December 28th, sexiest of all the days

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.