***** Ted Lasso S2 Thread *****

177,314 Views | 1385 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by boogieman
AgGrad99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He also did a little commentating from time to time after his playing career was over.....and coaching. Wonder if we'll see Roy Kent do any coaching?
La Fours
AG
Here's my wild ass guess of how it will play out. After Sky Sports fires him as a pundit because of the swearing, Ted will hire him to help coach and keep Jamie in check.

ChipFTAC01
AG
La Fours said:

Here's my wild ass guess of how it will play out. After Sky Sports fires him as a pundit because of the swearing, Ted will hire him to help coach and keep Jamie in check.

That would be glorious
AgGrad99
AG
La Fours said:

Not a bad guess...
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
I like it but wonder if it's too cliche. I'm on board though. Jamie v Roy is must watch tv for me. I also fully expect Jamie to have to come to the defense of Sam to some degree during a match in order to fully earn his trust. I expect something along those lines at some point
La Fours
AG
I agree, is very cliche. But, so was bringing back the antagonist.
Thunder18
AG
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia said:

Thunder18 said:

AgLaw said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

What's Roy Kent's history? Hadn't he played at bigger clubs and was now winding down his career with Richmond? His utter contempt he showed for Rebecca's date who supports, "United, City, whoever is winning at the moment." was delicious.

That's correct, and apparently the character is based on a real player, Roy Keane. That guy must have been a real peach.

Roy Keane is a Manchester United legend. He was a longtime club Captain known for vicious demeanor in the locker room and on the pitch (but he was actually a world class player, if somewhat underappreciated these days). He is also currently a pundit on british tv, he's a pretty funny follow on instagram.

It was kinda funny hearing the fans chant for Roy at the end of Season 1 when he got hurt. "He's here, he's there, he's every****ingwhere" bc Keano(Roy Keane) was so well known for his work rate and being all over the field. I mean, the character is as damn near a carbon copy of Keane as you can get. One of my favorite United players. His "I'll see you out there!" In the tunnel to Patrick Viera against Arsenal was the stuff of legends. Especially since the incident was allegedly him sticking up for one of this teammates who got singled out as a weak link prior to match time

It was Gary Neville who Vieira was allegedly bullying
Rudyjax
AG
Very smart when the team went to the FA cup final and interviewed in character they didn't have the actor who played Jamie with them.

Rudyjax
AG
4 hours bistches.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
AgGrad99 said:

La Fours said:

Not a bad guess...

Roy squaring off with Jamie at practice saying he's going to be watching him like a hawk and then a montage of Roy repeatedly nosing into Jamie's life keeping him out of trouble while "He's here. He's there. He's every****ingwhere" sung by The Pogues with instruments blaring in the background would be a great moment.
La Fours
AG
AgStuckinLBK said:

AgGrad99 said:

La Fours said:

Not a bad guess...

Roy squaring off with Jamie at practice saying he's going to be watching him like a hawk and then a montage of Roy repeatedly nosing into Jamie's life keeping him out of trouble while "He's here. He's there. He's every****ingwhere" sung by The Pogues with instruments blaring in the background would be a great moment.

I need this to happen now.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
Hell of an episode, and I love Sam.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
OldArmy71
AG
The show goes woke.

Please make it stop. There's no refuge anywhere.
jeffk
AG
WellBye.gif
FightinTexasAg15
AG
I thought it was a good episode. I didn't think it was too "woke" I thought it felt natural. I however don't think any dad in Nigeria is going to call his kid a "shill" like he did in his text though lol
RebAg13
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

I thought it was a good episode. I didn't think it was too "woke" I thought it felt natural. I however don't think any dad in Nigeria is going to call his kid a "shill" like he did in his text though lol
That part was over the top for sure. Liked the rest of the episode
We are the Aggies, The Aggies are We
jeffk
AG
Man, such a great episode. I really love that they are highlighting some of the other guys. Love the team busting up Jamie to welcome him back.

Interesting how close the fictional sponsor in the show mirrors an actual sponsoring company of a couple major clubs.
Rudyjax
AG
OldArmy71 said:

The show goes woke.

You seem like a fun person. Let's hang out and drink beer sometime.
Law-5L
AG
Very mixed feelings about this episode. There were bright spots. But Sam's plot line was trite at best. How hard is it to do the "right-est thing" when there's no real opposition or negative consequences (at least at this point)? Sam would've been "courageous" in 2016. Today his actions are inevitable. As much as the story dragged at times, it's impossible not to like Toheeb Jimoh. He really does a fine job with the character.
PatAg
AG
OldArmy71 said:

The show goes woke.

I don't think you know what 'woke' means.
PatAg
AG
Law-5L said:

Very mixed feelings about this episode. There were bright spots. But Sam's plot line was trite at best. How hard is it to do the "right-est thing" when there's no real opposition or negative consequences (at least at this point)? Sam would've been "courageous" in 2016. Today his actions are inevitable. As much as the story dragged at times, it's impossible not to like Toheeb Jimoh. He really does a fine job with the character.

There will clearly be negative consequences over the next few episodes. They brought up the very real plot point that teams face when they are relegated.
It was brought up before the season started, that teams generally have to sell off players when they are relegated.
ChipFTAC01
AG
If Richmonds sponsor was actually DubaiAir they probably wouldn't have gotten relegated and would have just bought the best midfield from Aston Villa to replace Roy Kent.
ChipFTAC01
AG
"Oh, like GRINDR!"
Rudyjax
AG
PatAg said:

Law-5L said:

There will clearly be negative consequences over the next few episodes. They brought up the very real plot point that teams face when they are relegated.
It was brought up before the season started, that teams generally have to sell off players when they are relegated.

Exactly. They lost the EPL revenue with an EPL salary and now they're losing Dubai Air.

Who?mikejones!
This show is going downhill.

Roy is the only thing that's entertaining.

Average Joe
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

This show is going downhill.

Roy is the only thing that's entertaining.

I'll disagree. If all we got was Jamie being ******* Jamie, Roy being constantly angry, and Ted being over the top nice then the show would have become boring and most would lose interest fast.

I enjoyed this episode. It's not "woke" to point out ****ty people doing actual ****ty things. Jamie not being accepted by the team was never going to carry the season, so no reason to force it to. This was a solid way of introducing actual problems and pushing forward some character development.

I do think they need to end some storylines over the next few episodes. The doctor was good for a few laughs, same with Roy's new job, but it's time for both of those to take the next step or go.
jeffk
AG
Losing their sponsor and having to cut costs is going to be the big plot device moving through the rest of the season, I'd bet. Trying to win games and ensure promotion or securing the FA Cup will serve to pull the team together.

There's plenty to be entertained by in this show. And the focus varies by episode. This week was Sam. Another week it'll be Ted again. Or Roy. It's how Lawrence shows typically work - he builds up a handful of great characters and then uses them to walk the viewer through complicated but relatable situations in an uplifting way.
Who?mikejones!
While I wish they wouldn't have stepped into politics, it wasn't actual politics, if that makes sense. They used it as a prop to mend jamie and the team and create some ongoing conflict for the owner

However, the political thing isn't a big deal, imo. The reason I think the show is going down hill is because it's not very funny, well acted, or organic feeling at the moment.

The show just isn't as natural as last season. It doesnt have the same flow. Lasso is trying too hard to be himself. The boss was better as a bad guy than a good guy.

I think they'll get it straightened out and I'll continue watching. But, their batting 1/3 this season.
Bunk Moreland
I have a theory... 99% of people who watched season 1 binged it or knocked multiple episodes out in a single day.

Watching season 2 once a week like a traditional show automatically presents a different viewing experience.

I'm still enjoying it and so far I think it feels very similar to season 1.
Rudyjax
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

I have a theory... 99% of people who watched season 1 binged it or knocked multiple episodes out in a single day.

Watching season 2 once a week like a traditional show automatically presents a different viewing experience.

Yep. I think there's a lot to that. I watched the first 5 of season 1 in binge and the last 5 weekly.
Thunder18
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

That's exactly what I did last week, but I'm still enjoying S2
AgGrad99
AG
I thought this episode was great. Nothing different than last season.

I lol'd when Led Tasso talked about playing with the soccer ball's valve. And when they were explaining Chuck E Cheese to the doctor and said, you guys probably call it Charles of Chesterton II
AgGrad99
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

I do. Thats absolutely something my dad would say.

Every time I wear Nike to his house, I have to hear about it for 10 minutes.
walton91
Agthatbuilds said:

However, the political thing isn't a big deal, imo. The reason I think the show is going down hill is because it's not very funny, well acted, or organic feeling at the moment.

The show just isn't as natural as last season. It doesnt have the same flow. Lasso is trying too hard to be himself. The boss was better as a bad guy than a good guy.

I think you are on to something here. I'm liking the season fine but it kindof bothers me (compared to S1) a little that everyone is so nice now, Rebecca, Keeley, Ted, Higgins everyone. Last season the interaction of the characters was more varied and interesting with Ted's family drama, a bitter Rebecca, scared Higgins, Jamie v Roy, Keeley's early strained relationship with Rebecca. Everyone is just best friends now working for a team that was relegated and winless on the season. S2 is fine but just not nearly as interesting for me
CrottyKid
AG
I understand the woke comments, but Sam was already into environmental issues. If you remember, when Keely asked him what he wanted to advertise, he said environmental issues. So, this didn't come out of the blue. On the other hand, how does a tree hugger agree to be in an ad campaign for a major airline in the first place?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.