Sneaker Thread

951,591 Views | 14641 Replies | Last: 36 min ago by texag06ish
Green2Maroon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Do the SB version of the Dunk have a different sole or something? I would think it would be internally different since it's made for skateboarding. I find the regular dunks don't have a lot of support or cushioning but I didn't expect a lot with the design.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Yep. SB's usually have additional padding in the tongue and Zoom Air cushioning added.
CFTXAG10
AG
Basically what HNIC said. The added cushioning and air unit make them more comfortable imo. I've been wearing the white w/ black check as my daily driver and they are hella comfy. Pretty much switch between those and the 350 cmpct. My other shoes are "collecting dust" in their container store boxes.
MW03
AG
They are usually double stitched as well, and most sb lows have the elastic band inside that holds the tongue in place. Because of all this, they usually fit tighter than you're used to, so keep that in mind if you're ordering your first pair
texag06ish
AG
Mail call for Mrs. 06ish.
cmk10
AG
Big fan of them.
fig96
AG
Those look even better on feet, great pick up!

*starts opening StockX tab...*
aTm_bomb
AG
"They will be mine… oh yes, they will be mine…"

Just biding my time for the initial stockx price surge to die down.
concac
AG
texag06ish said:

Mail call for Mrs. 06ish.

Just got out of jail?
texag06ish
AG
LOL. We swap everything to stretch laces.

I ordered an ivory pair but they were too long so we're waiting on the shorted set to arrive.
aTm_bomb
AG
How is the feel on the "skin"? is it just a textured leather feel or any concern that it may flake or scratch if rubbed against chair/table legs?
cmk10
AG
it feels pretty solid
MW03
AG
Been wanting to fool around with a midsole aging pen for a while. Decided to touch up my "mavs" dunks and then added some oatmeal laces.

jrod2181
HST Vegas travel Day and random but my new favorite hoodie

MW03
AG
Took a couple of more photos in the daylight. Pretty pleased with how they dried. Also posted the Nike stock shot for reference.

cr0wbar
AG
relatively new to the sneaker game - is it common knowledge to swap out laces? Is this the equivalent to putting new wheels on your car/truck after you purchase? Are factory laces LAME?!
aggiebird02
The nicer the shoes, the nicer the laces they come with, generally speaking. I prefer to 'pimp my ride' with fat laces, lace locks, and custom lace tags. To each their own…
powerbelly
AG
I occasionally swap for color
MW03
AG
cr0wbar said:

relatively new to the sneaker game - is it common knowledge to swap out laces? Is this the equivalent to putting new wheels on your car/truck after you purchase? Are factory laces LAME?!

It's just a matter of style more than anything. You can take a shoe and completely change it with the laces. The best example right now is the panda dunks. They became THE shoe to have, especially for the casuals. Now they are everywhere, and with good reason because it's a great shoe. But you can make it your own with something as simple as a $10 pair of laces. I usually buy a shoe already thinking about what kind of laces I want to put in them, but I'm way more into this than most folks. Nothing wrong with wearing them how they come, too.

For the record, the best "stock" laces in the game are on New Balances IMO.
powerbelly
AG
I just ordered some pink laces for my pandas
jeffk
AG
cr0wbar said:

I like swapping out bright colored laces on my neutral sneakers. Love the way the royal blue laces look on my diamond mids and the red laces look on my gray toes (I've done one red, one green around the holidays too)

Haven't done it yet, but I might get some yellow or pink laces to go with a few of the brown/khaki shaded sneakers I have also.
BowSowy
AG
I tend to only lace swap with laces that came with the shoe, but again that's just personal preference.

I tend to think some lace swaps are way over done (like sail laces on every new pair of shoes that gets released, or that period after the TS1 highs came out where people were swapping all their laces out for light pink laces).
jeffk
AG
What's this pen you used?
MW03
AG
jeffk said:

What's this pen you used?
I bought from here:

https://www.slickieslaces.com/collections/sneakerguard-midsole-marker-pens-boost

This is another popular one:

https://foxtrot-uniform.net/products/cream-sneaker-stainer
cr0wbar
AG
Thanks for all the laces comments - might have to check out some color combos
Teddy Perkins
AG
I did a thing. Took my DS White Cement 1's and dyed the elephant print red with two coats of Angelus red suede dye.
Sea Speed
AG
Those are sick. For real.
MW03
AG
That's awesome work!
boogieman
AG
Those turned out great. I'm jelly.
MASAXET
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

I did a thing. Took my DS White Cement 1's and dyed the elephant print red with two coats of Angelus red suede dye.

These are truly beautiful. If these were released I'd definitely take the L on SNKRS and then overpay on GOAT.
Teddy Perkins
AG
If anyone is interested in doing something similar, the White Cements are under retail right now.

Everything you need is available on Amazon: Angelus red suede dye ($12), paint brushes ($10), and water/stain repellent ($13).

The only prep work I did was tape off edges where I was using the dye. The dye is really easy to work with as the suede soaks it up. An example:

Another custom idea with the White Cements:
fig96
AG
HSF eve…first time taking these out…

Green2Maroon
AG
I'm not a big Nike person but they make a lot of cool stuff. Y'all got me tempted to get more Nikes.
Sea Speed
AG
Green2Maroon said:

I'm not a big Nike person but they make a lot of cool stuff. Y'all got me tempted to get more Nikes.

Get air max 90s
Green2Maroon
AG
Those are dope.
First Page Last Page
Page 360 of 419

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.